Author Topic: The Magic made some MAJOR trades...  (Read 345 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Magic made some MAJOR trades...
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas....

Vince Carter, Gortat and Pietrus (+Cash and a pick) for Hedo and Richardson (+Clark)

They got the better players in both deals imo.

It is, however, not the best idea to shake up a functioning team like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

Re: The Magic made some MAJOR trades...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:40:12 PM »
Damn that's crazy that they're willing to take on Gilbert's enormous contract, obviously a great scorer when he's healthy though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
Damn, Dwight basically called out Vince & Rashard the other night for their poor defense; letting guys get to the basket & they got rid of them both in the same day.

They did improve, in my opinion. I don't think it will put them over the top, but we'll see in a month or so how it plays out.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
Phoenix is fucking up. They should have kept their core players and resigned Amare

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »
They should have resigned Amare

I don't think they could of.

The Suns had been one of the top winning teams in the West year in & year out & they couldn't get to a Final. Amare knew LeBron wasn't going to the Suns & probably figured if he went to the Knicks, LeBron woulda went there with him. Didn't work out as he planned, but he's still more or less in the same situation in terms of winning, plus the huge contract & getting to play under the New York lights in the World's most famous arena.

That Suns team woulda been nice with Amare this year, but if you look on seasons past, they would have won their 50-55 games, then played a real team like the Spurs or Lakers in the playoffs & get knocked out.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

The Suns had been one of the top winning teams in the West year in & year out & they couldn't get to a Final. Amare knew LeBron wasn't going to the Suns & probably figured if he went to the Knicks, LeBron woulda went there with him. Didn't work out as he planned, but he's still more or less in the same situation in terms of winning, plus the huge contract & getting to play under the New York lights in the World's most famous arena.

That Suns team woulda been nice with Amare this year, but if you look on seasons past, they would have won their 50-55 games, then played a real team like the Spurs or Lakers in the playoffs & get knocked out.

The Suns owner is a cheapskate, that is why they did not resign him. You have to pay to play, bottom line. Almost every time they get good young talent, when it is time to pay them, Phoenix does not do it. At that rate they should have just traded him and got something in return + some draft picks. Now you are right back to square one in a couple years with this squad in rebuilding and trying to shed big contracts.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 01:41:05 AM »
Magic had to shake up things , they weren't going anywhere with Lewis and Carter ... they got some nice offensive players in return ... now they need to move Nelson to get a very solid PF to play along Howard ... too many guards and absolutely no depth inside behind Dwight and Bass right now ... and Dwight is not exactly the best at staying out of foul trouble

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:38 AM »

I think Carmelo would fit in better on that team with Amare then Lebron would
The West is Back

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:02:59 AM »

I don't know man, they are both plain scorers.. I'm smelling another disaster ala Melo+AI
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 09:51:30 AM »
this is interesting. Lewis is a fucking beast, i hope arenas will be healthy

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »

I don't know man, they are both plain scorers.. I'm smelling another disaster ala Melo+AI

Yeah, nobody take this the wrong way, but LeBron is the Magic of this generation. This guy does it all. Carmelo just puts up his 27+ a night; kinda explaining why Denver's never done anything lol.

theremedy360

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »
this is interesting. Lewis is a fucking beast, i hope arenas will be healthy
[/quote/]

Lewis is pretty unpredictable. He'll be great one day, but the next there's a chance that he'll just look like shit. It'll be interesting to see how he does.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:49:43 AM by TheRemedy360 »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
i love the Gilbert trade

BUT trading Gortat is gonna hurt them and help Phoenix tremendously
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:12 AM »
Orlando wasn't going anywhere, so they did pretty well by shaking things up...Arenas off the bench is major, and J-Rich will be better than Vince. If Hedo can play anywhere near as good as he did in his last stint with Orlando, they'll be golden. They still need some more depth in the frontcourt, though, foreal.

Phoenix did the right thing unloading Hedo's contract when he sucks ass alongside Nash, although trading their best scorer in Jason Richardson might hurt them if VC isn't able to fill his role.

Washington got rid of Gilbert's contract and their backcourt flux....Rashard has sucked this year, so I don't see them improving much as a team, unless he can regain his Seattle form, which is highly doubtful...but this will help the owners pocket and the growth of John Wall.

Good moves, all around.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:16:59 AM by NIKCC »

theremedy360

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
I don't really get the trade from the Suns standpoint. I've always been a huge VC fan but at this point in his career he's just a slightly better version of J-Rich.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:15:55 AM by TheRemedy360 »