Author Topic: Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....  (Read 3644 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2003, 08:51:12 PM »
 ::)

whatever, i'm not going to feed your hunger to ease your insecurities no more

you reap what you sew

and btw the only other people i'm responding to is people like smooth who are more reasonabe ad have a cooler head than you

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

min0rity

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2003, 08:56:22 PM »
::)

whatever, i'm not going to feed your hunger to ease your insecurities no more

you reap what you sew

and btw the only other people i'm responding to is people like smooth who are more reasonabe ad have a cooler head than you

i truly don't think i'm the one with the insecurities here..your the one thats calling people racial slurs and other names....

you can't respond to me cuz you know i'm too real

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2003, 09:06:49 PM »
::ignores instigator and waits for a response from smooth::

min0rity

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2003, 09:09:52 PM »
::ignores instigator and waits for a response from smooth::

gosh..i love this guy..

instigator = incite

please take a good look in the mirror

Smooth

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2003, 09:29:27 PM »

easy?... man how the hell does McGrady being the first option change his shooting %, 3 Point %? there both better then Kobe's and that has NOTHING to do with first option bullshit... and also McGrady having mediocre defense? LMAO!, Jake you gotta be kidding me bro... PLEASE tell me which "Expert" says McGrady's D is Mediocre?... and which teammate's of McGrady say Kobe's better then McGrady? I find it hard to believe that someone ON Mcgrady's team would bring down there star player and say Kobe's the better player...holla back

Peace

ignores ignorant chink and answers smooth

go to NBA.com

they had a whole article on KOBE VS MCGrady around the same time as their first meet, they made it seem like a draw but they pointed out a lot of stuff that made sense.

They interviewed horoce grant and he said that , and i think they got both kobe and mcgrady to answer (not sure though cuz i'm there's another article i'm thinking of too that was on espn.com) but anyways yeah, Horoce Grant would know if anyone, i think he's the only player to play with both of them and make a fair statement

also on the D thing they (nba.com and nbc too) did a whole matchup thing with Vince Carter and Tracy MCgrady and they both had "marginal D" as one of their simularities.....i know this isn't very persuasive argument but also on the 99-2003 NBA lives tracy mcgrady's D isn't that high

and as far as bringing down the star player.....teammates do itall the time,lol

AI did it to his coach and visa versa
Oakly called out Vince Carter, and a few players were pissed at him for going to his college graduation on the same day as game 7 of the E Cong Finals
someone on the Nets (kittles i believe) criticized Marbury
Brian grant got called out on the heat
the whole laker organization was pissed off on and off at kobe for a few years
Rasheed Wallace
and yadda yadda yadda

it's done all the time to motivate and critique a player to do better, most ...no ALL coaches do this

and MCgrady being the first option has everything to do with his stats

1) the whole team is basically built around his needs as the first option so it's easier to do his job. The Laker's  do this for Shaq, not kobe

2) Tmac has 3.5-4 quarters that he has the ball go soley through him. when the point guard calls a play more times than not it's for Tmac. Shaq gets this on the lakers (not right now cuz they're slowly moving him though the triangle which is also strong with  a center like shaq) so most of the shots go to him....no kobe, kobe is only the main option when shaq is resting on the bench or in the 4th quarter ...........Tmac 4 quarters......Kobe 1 you do the math

Until Kobe is on a team that is built around him (not shaq)
Until Kobe is the team's first option for a whole season

you can't compare their stats

perfect exaple is Tmac himself when he was in Toronto.....the raptors are and were Carter based while he was there, and Mcgrady was just in the back ground, and it's no question (IMO at least) that Tmac was the better of the 2 cousins, but this was Vinces team! Mcgrady had to proove himself on another team which he did.

another spin off

North Carolina with Anton Jamison and Vince Carter. During that draft it was alllllll about Anton Jamison the "NCAA PLAYER OF THE YEAR" ....UNC was alllllll about Anton Jamison and vince was great but he was just living in the shadow........guess who was the better player

see you can't compare stats unless you got an even playing field

"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Smooth

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2003, 09:30:08 PM »
it wouldn't let me post it all in 1 post^^^^

Alright Jake you definitly got some good points there... especially with that McGrady Carter thing... I totally agree that McGrady was the better cousin... and your right he did have to prove himself on a new team because the Ratoprs were Vince's team and built around Vince...and as for the star player thing thanks for stating some examples I had somewhat forgot about most of them but they refresh my memory now...

also I was taking into effect that McGrady had Hill playing with him so that might have brought the amount of looks he would get down... but still, I do see what your saying about the lakers and how there team is built around Shaq... that definitly does limit Kobe a lot more as to what he can do offensively... BUT the one thing I still stand on is that no matter who the team is built around... if McGrady is hitting more shots % wise then Kobe, then he's hitting more shots... cause I don't think anything else can really play into that?... and as for the defense IMO they are BOTH well above average defenders and usually give whoever there covering nightmares... holla...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2003, 09:39:28 PM »
 :)

it's alll good

see...now THIS is how people should Debate

min0rity

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2003, 09:49:41 PM »
hmmmm... there is 2 things that should not be mixed with bigfake = music and basketball

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2003, 01:14:57 PM »
Kobe will be the greatest player at the end of his career...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2006, 12:41:26 AM »
Minority obviously doen't know his basketball... ::)

Stick to chinese soccer buddy...PeACe

no its not that i don't know about basketball...its just that your hero kobe is nowhere near the best guard in the NBA...

p.s. its federal international football association not chinese soccer....lmao

wow...than I guess u know more than every sports journalist & basketball analyst...U judge Kobe on ESPN highlight plays...come on, let's be real...How many players have as many triple doubles as Kobe?

At least one jason kidd

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2006, 12:46:28 AM »
Minority obviously doen't know his basketball... ::)

Stick to chinese soccer buddy...PeACe

no its not that i don't know about basketball...its just that your hero kobe is nowhere near the best guard in the NBA...

p.s. its federal international football association not chinese soccer....lmao

wow...than I guess u know more than every sports journalist & basketball analyst...U judge Kobe on ESPN highlight plays...come on, let's be real...How many players have as many triple doubles as Kobe?

At least one jason kidd

I bet Kidd has at least 3x more triple doubles then Kobe, is he better hell no, but he got a ton more triple doubles no doubt

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2006, 01:46:35 AM »
years later

kobe is still best player in the league

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2006, 01:47:30 AM »
Dude, they didn't make a song called: "Like Wilt", Jordan is the definition of the game, he was great all throughout his career, he LED his teams to 6 NBA Championships, And for the record, I believe Shaq was more dominant than Wilt, Wilt played against nobodys, Shaq played against, Hakeem, Patrick Ewing, Barkley, David Robinson, & Tim Duncan, he was the most dominant against damn good big men,name that many Hall of Fame players against Wilt.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2006, 02:12:22 AM »
Oh yeah Kobe will be the best of all time when his career is finished...

i agree witht u. and thatn sot just the jello shots anb barcaridik talkng!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2006, 03:16:26 AM »
LOL @ mrceo..You ignorant son of a bitch...

Shaq has never been name to a 1st team all-defense

He's never led the NBA in Rebounds or block shots..

He's only led the NBA in scoring 1 time.

He won't finish his career in the top 5 all-time  in Blocks Per Game, Rebounds per game...total blocks, & total rebounds.

It Took a great player like kobe for his monkey ass to win championships...Shak's never been clutch..

Am i missing anything ???  ..the guy is the most over-rated player in NBA History...Yeah he's great but people are always saying (including shaq himself) that he's the MDE(most dominate  Ever)  <--------  :laugh: :laugh:  ::)  fuckin idiots.