Author Topic: Doggystyle with G'z up Hoes down & Next Episode  (Read 3186 times)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: Doggystyle with G'z up Hoes down & Next Episode
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »

i bought doggystyle the first day it came out at the warehouse in north hollywood (which has long since closed obviously)...it has 'g'z up hoes down' on it but there is no next episode tho it is listed on the back cover. and considering doggystle went platinum the first day it came out i cant imagine the copy with 'gz up hoes down' can be that rare, i have it on cassette and cd. so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

i bought doggystyle the first day it came out at the warehouse in north hollywood (which has long since closed obviously)...it has 'g'z up hoes down' on it but there is no next episode tho it is listed on the back cover. and considering doggystle went platinum the first day it came out i cant imagine the copy with 'gz up hoes down' can be that rare, i have it on cassette and cd. so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.
yeah
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »

I actually own the vinyl copy of the first pressing and the back cover is identical to the one posted above with "see LP label for song sequence". It does not have The Next Episode or G'z Up Hoes Down. It's odd that G'z Up Hoes down is not on the vinyl but on the cassette & CD  ??? EDIT : It is on my copy  8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:14:41 PM by MOON KNIGHT »

Stan

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
photoshopped...

on the original copy it says "see cd label for sequence".

Not photoshopped... I've seen the cd in a jukebox.  Is the song for real or a misprint?  Who knows.  Gz Up Hoez Down is for real.

Stan

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.

Yes... I and I think everyone else can't figure that out.  Maybe a misprint or cancellation b/cuz the sample didn't clear.  If I heard the YouTube snip correctly, it is the same sample on the Warren G Regulate album.

EDIT:  Song is "Runnin Wit No Breaks" by Warren G -- Regulate
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:46:57 PM by Stan »

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »
thanks for that mp3 i never heard the entire song b4. check this beat out...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeHKhsu0YmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeHKhsu0YmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 11:12:23 PM »
damn you cant embed here?? anyways its cormega rappin over the same sample. dope.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
I heard some people saying it doesn't exist, some saying it exists... Well i'll see in one week, imma see someone (very reliable) that claims he has it.

i have been told, and i don't know if this is true, that 'Tha Next Episode' was on promo copies of the album given to the press and radio before the album's official release date.

So it's possible that none of these people in the media ever thought to leak it, and their promo copies of doggystyle just all ended up stashed away in basements, or they had to give to the label, whatever, and just no one thought to leak it....

maybe your friend has one of these promo copies. let us know how it goes.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »
I heard some people saying it doesn't exist, some saying it exists... Well i'll see in one week, imma see someone (very reliable) that claims he has it.

i have been told, and i don't know if this is true, that 'Tha Next Episode' was on promo copies of the album given to the press and radio before the album's official release date.

So it's possible that none of these people in the media ever thought to leak it, and their promo copies of doggystyle just all ended up stashed away in basements, or they had to give to the label, whatever, and just no one thought to leak it....

Yeah that's what i had in mind when i made the topic.

The guy is 45, he used to be around some djs, press people, during hip hop early days. So when he talked to me about it, i thought maybe it's some promo copy. The guy has kids, a wife, he doesn't listen to music anymore, i mean the guy has moved on so "leaking" that song would never come to his mind.

It's not because a song exists that it's gonna leak! Most of people that might have it are too old to care about stuff like that. It can also be lost, destroyed, like a lot of rappers demo tapes. You think rappers were like: "Alright i've finally had a deal, could make an official album, but let's keep that shitty demo tape in case some weirdos on the net wanna buy it 20 years later! Wait the net doesn't already exist!"

The guy was surprised that some people, especially the young ones, care about stuff like that! He was like "Man doggystyle was released and it was a dope album! And there are hundred of g-funk records, if you like it so much! Why focus on one song??!"

Anyway as i said i'll see when i meet him.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 05:02:33 AM »
so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.

Yes... I and I think everyone else can't figure that out.  Maybe a misprint or cancellation b/cuz the sample didn't clear.  If I heard the YouTube snip correctly, it is the same sample on the Warren G Regulate album.

EDIT:  Song is "Runnin Wit No Breaks" by Warren G -- Regulate

yep, sampled from Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Go On And Cry

classic track!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

awol22222

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
photoshopped...

on the original copy it says "see cd label for sequence".

Not photoshopped... I've seen the cd in a jukebox.
+1 for the truth

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

The guy is 45, he used to be around some djs, press people, during hip hop early days. So when he talked to me about it, i thought maybe it's some promo copy. The guy has kids, a wife, he doesn't listen to music anymore, i mean the guy has moved on so "leaking" that song would never come to his mind.

It's not because a song exists that it's gonna leak! Most of people that might have it are too old to care about stuff like that. It can also be lost, destroyed, like a lot of rappers demo tapes. You think rappers were like: "Alright i've finally had a deal, could make an official album, but let's keep that shitty demo tape in case some weirdos on the net wanna buy it 20 years later! Wait the net doesn't already exist!"

The guy was surprised that some people, especially the young ones, care about stuff like that! He was like "Man doggystyle was released and it was a dope album! And there are hundred of g-funk records, if you like it so much! Why focus on one song??!"

Hey I see what you're saying but...
The fact of the matter is Snoop was the biggest thing out in '93. Literally hundreds, probably thousands of Doggystyle promos exist. If he was just some obscure MC on some obscure label, I might buy this argument.  ;) To think that some Snoop Dogg Stan has not tracked this down much like 2Pac's shit seems unreasonable.

Just my three cents  :laugh:

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »

Hey I see what you're saying but...
The fact of the matter is Snoop was the biggest thing out in '93. Literally hundreds, probably thousands of Doggystyle promos exist. If he was just some obscure MC on some obscure label, I might buy this argument.  ;) To think that some Snoop Dogg Stan has not tracked this down much like 2Pac's shit seems unreasonable.

Just my three cents  :laugh:

100's of promos? thousands?

try like, half a dozen for the LA radio stations, one for the source, a couple more for other mags....

also its possible that only the first promos had the next episode on it, and then the later ones were more just copies of the retail version.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Yes...100's of promos . Thousands.
Do you really believe that those promos were ONLY sent to LA radio  ???
This was Interscope...not an Indie label.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:59:45 PM by MOON KNIGHT »