Author Topic: Eminem Covers XXL; Signs Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf  (Read 1477 times)

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
Eminem Covers XXL; Signs Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

After months of speculation, Shady Records have finally signed Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf. The union is immortalized on the cover of the March issue of XXL, which goes on sale February 8th. Below, Eminem discusses the new signees.

“Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady,” says Eminem. “It’s the new generation of Shady Records and as we’re trying to rebuild our label, it’s exciting for hip-hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody’s capable of on the mic, it’s gonna be fun.”

As far as Yelwolf is concerned:

“Considering where I’m from and the shit I’ve been through, it’s hardto put into words what partnering with Shady means to me, my team at Ghet-O-Vision, and my state of Alabama. I can tell you that when you’re willing to give yourlife up to see a dream through, the reward is great. And now that I’ve become anapprentice to one of the greatest artists in the world, my potential reaches beyond anything I ever imagined. Let’s kill this shit.”

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Eminem Covers XXL; Signs Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
Great news. 8)

But if Yelawolf comes anywhere near a Slaughterhouse song... :rant: :baseballbat:

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:45 AM »
Great news. 8)

But if Yelawolf comes anywhere near a Slaughterhouse song... :rant: :baseballbat:
LMFAO!!

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
I'm curious as to Ca$his thoughts about this.

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Great news. 8)

yeah he might outshine da gawd joey oh noes

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
I just hope this won't change the outcome of Radioactive, I really want to hear that Diplo record

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Anunikke

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
Lol @ Joe Budden's Picture.

Maybe em will stop singing with Yelawolf on the label.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
Great news. 8)

yeah he might outshine da gawd joey oh noes

He might outshine them all. Including Em.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
Yelawolf signed with Shady?? wow! good news!

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »
Nice to see Joe Budden wearing his mother's cardigan and winter hat.

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
What's the next secret?  Does it concern Detox? Does he diss Yelawolf by calling him Yellow Wolf or is that a nickname for him? Anyways, I'm excited.  I expect they're future solo projects will garner more attention as a result.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
I'm going to Joe's show the 23rd. I'd be so hyped if Slim showed up. :o 8)

TRG

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
What's the next secret?  Does it concern Detox? Does he diss Yelawolf by calling him Yellow Wolf or is that a nickname for him? Anyways, I'm excited.  I expect they're future solo projects will garner more attention as a result.

lol yeh "Yellow Wolf" ? maybe it auto-corrected what he was typing to "yellow"

what is he on about?  :eh:

EDIT:

5 Reasons Eminem Signing Slaughter House, Yelawolf Is Good For Rap

Since 2009, rumors abounded that powerhouse rap team Slaughterhouse were negotiations with Eminem’s Shady Records, sparked by a cameo from the fearsome foursome in Drake’s "Forever" video. On Wednesday (January 12), the partnering was made official with the "8 Mile" star signing the crew along with the buzzing southern MC Yelawolf to his Shady Records label. In a prepared statement released on Wednesday, Em said "It's the new generation of Shady Records, and as we're trying to rebuild our label, it's exciting for hip-hop, and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody's capable of on the mic, it's gonna be fun."

RapFix thinks these new additions to Shadyville could be good for the game for more than one reason.

1. A renewed interest in all things Shady

Eminem’s label can attribute much of its success to the rapper releasing his multi-platinum and internationally successful The Eminem Show album on the Aftermath and Interscope imprint. Along with springing 50 Cent and D12’s careers, as well as breaking acts Obie Trice and Stat Quo, signing Slaughter House gives Eminem a chance to exhibit some CEO muscle while still enjoying the spoils of the spotlight himself.

2. The official squashing of Eminem and Royce Da 5’9’s longstanding beef

The long-time Detroit friends and former duo were at odds over a line from one of Royce’s freestyles that Em and D12 felt was a dis while on tour together in 2003. Royce has long since confirmed the two have patched things up but with the signing, the reunion has lot more in the way of validity. Will the two record more under the group name Bad vs. Evil?

3. Shrewd lyricism returning to the mainstream

Like Eminem who's no slouch on the microphone, the Slaughterhouse team is comprised of four solo acts that all have strong lyrical acumen themselves. Former Dr. Dre protégé Crooked I firmly represents the West Coast while Brooklyn’s Joell Ortiz and New Jersey vet Joe Budden rep the East Coast strongly. The aforementioned Royce takes care of the Midwest and it will be curious to if the group can translate their lyrical prowess into chart gold.

4. Yelawolf connects Shady Records back with the South

From the small town of Gadsden, Alabama, MC Yelawolf has been making noise in the southern underground for a few years now but his appearance on the 2010 BET Hip Hop Awards Cipher was a show-stealing audition of sorts that took many by surprise. Since splitting with Atlanta MC Stat Quo, Yelawolf joining the squad gives Em a strong connect in the south.

5. Friendly — or not — competition amongst rap's crews

With G.O.O.D. Music seemingly nabbing a new artist — Nas? — every week, Young Money’s success with Nicki Minaj and Drake, and Rick Ross entering the fray with his own label, this signing puts all of the game’s superstars and record labels on notice. Eminem is still the biggest international rap act and his new roster puts him in the same position of power — and infamy — as Kanye, Lil Wayne and Rozay in making their brands viable. Slaughter House and Yelawolf joining forces with Em could mean that a lot of high quality rap crew records are on the way and the people who benefit the most are the fans.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:37:26 AM by TRG »

Lucifuge

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
He need a Hopsin on roster. that would be crazy ass line up.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D