Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9753 times)

JohnnyL

Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »
You can clearly hear the song from the version that has leaked. It's not gonna get any better.

I think there's a good chance you're right, but do we know the source of the leak?  Because some of the songs that Koolo guy has leaked were unfinished and some were never meant to be released.  I'm not saying that's definitely the case with this because I don't know who leaked "I Need a Doctor." But if that was the case, I'd say there's still a chance that the final version won't be exactly the same.  Either way, the retail version should be out in a matter of days and we will all finally know for sure.

Invincible

« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
You can clearly hear the song from the version that has leaked. It's not gonna get any better.

I think there's a good chance you're right, but do we know the source of the leak?  Because some of the songs that Koolo guy has leaked were unfinished and some were never meant to be released.  I'm not saying that's definitely the case with this because I don't know who leaked "I Need a Doctor." But if that was the case, I'd say there's still a chance that the final version won't be exactly the same.  Either way, the retail version should be out in a matter of days and we will all finally know for sure.

At the end of the day, Alex Da Kid is not a good producer so its hard to see this sounding any better. He makes pop garbage. None of Dre's technical work can save this track.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
Everybody is so dead-set that this song will blow . . . and what if it doesn't? That would not only make 90% of the people on here right, but it would make Dre/Em/Jimmy/Aftermath/Everyone down with it look like the biggest fools in music. If it doesn't blow, we're looking at one of the biggest fails (yeah I said it) in the history of rap. And basically, the D.O.C. interview confirms everything i've been, and many others have been saying. My hope for Detox is officially gone . . I stuck around after all the bullshit in '04-'08 . . then all the HUGE let downs that leaked and were supposed Detox singles in '09-10 . . . and even after the first official single dropped, Kush, and while it was good, didn't come close to living up to the hype . . . but not anymore. After this I gotta say, Dre needs a fuckin doctor.

Stan

« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
  I think there's a good chance you're right, but do we know the source of the leak?  ... I'm not saying that's definitely the case with this because I don't know who leaked "I Need a Doctor." But if that was the case, I'd say there's still a chance that the final version won't be exactly the same. 
I don't have my hopes up but I hope your right.  How the fuck could they release the same dam song that came out in Nov?  That's got me scratching my head.  It's pretty rare a major album like Dre's would use an old leaked track as a single.

But I just though of it didn't that happen to Crack a Bottle?  The diff. was Crack a Bottle was popular at the time!

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
But I just though of it didn't that happen to Crack a Bottle?  The diff. was Crack a Bottle was popular at the time!

The thing about Crack A Bottle is that it marked many different things: Mostly for Eminem's big return, Dre's big return to the production game (he disappeared from the mainstream for a few years), Dre being featured as a guest which is rare as hell, and 50 featuring as well, in a track with 3 of biggest names in the game. This on the other hand is only significant because it is in relation to Detox. That being said, although I still don't like it: Crack A Bottle > I Need a Doctor. And taking it a step further, in speaking of Detox: Topless >>> Kush/Shit Popped Off >>>>>>>>> I Need A Doctor >> Under Pressure. I know there were others, but these were the only ones that were actually supposed "singles".

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
I think you're all forgetting that "mainstream" in 1999 is NOT even CLOSE to mainstream of 2011. Back then, it could have been the most gangsta song ever made, but could still be a mainstream song (which didn't necessarily mean that mainstream was bad, in fact people only started hating mainstream rap these past 6 or 7 years). Now in 2011, it doesn't matter who is making the song, or what it sounds like, all that matters is the star power of the people on it, and the fact that it's made for little girls . . . which is why mainstream rap is indeed horseshit, and also why this song is trash. So don't compare mainstream rap now to mainstream rap then.

You're losing perspective. What makes songs about sex and drugs (2001) better than this?

People have always been hating on mainstream rap. From your perspective its different, because the 90s is the era you started listening to rap. However you go and talk to the people who grew up in the 80s and they thought our shit was trash with its over-glorified violence pandering to white suburban kids.

Everyone has a different perspective of what good rap is. People from the 80s have a different opinion then us who grew up in the 90s, which is different from those who are teenagers listening to rap now. Its a different era. And Dre has to make music that the mainstream now will find appealing. It would fuck up his legacy if he makes an album that the people on dubcc love but everyone else ignores.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
The track is alright. I guess it's just my opinion, but I don't really like listening to rappers rapping about rap music. Feels pretty contrived and corny.

Earholerapist

« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
dr dre is old

NoobCake

« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
The track is alright. I guess it's just my opinion, but I don't really like listening to rappers rapping about rap music. Feels pretty contrived and corny.

You're right, rapping about slapping hoes, rapping about weed for the 1000th time, about the kinds of cars they own, etc. is definitely more interesting than rapping about rap music.

HighEyeCue

thegooddoc

« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
Not thrilled with the production, but I think this is about to blow up. Get ready to hear it on the radio every hour for a while.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #266 on: January 28, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
Relapse Em >>>> New shouting annoying Em

I could not agree more.. just add more '>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>' . lol

+1

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2011, 03:39:38 AM »
*laughing at all the people who thought the leak wasn't official*

NoobCake

« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2011, 03:53:47 AM »
Something i never thought i'd say, i'm more excited about Game's album than i am for Detox.