Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9777 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12:54 AM »
*laughing at all the people who thought the leak wasn't official*

yeah a lot of ignorant folks out there. lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2011, 04:41:30 AM »
yeah Dre should have definitely produced it, like you said he lost his confidence

Yea I don't get why tho... he got a grammy last year.  Maybe he feels he's not with the times re: pop-rap so he got a hired gun to help him out.  Didn't this guy do the Em/Rihanna song too (which was huge)?  
They know the hardcores will get it regardless so I guess they're tryign to get the youngins to buy it too with this new track.
i guess he feels that he can't make a monster single for Detox

clean version

http://www.allaccess.com/top40-rhythmic/future-releases
it still sounds like it's playing in a basement  ???

JohnnyL

« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2011, 05:13:51 AM »
*laughing at all the people who thought the leak wasn't official*

yeah a lot of ignorant folks out there. lol

Well, leaks are never "official" that's why it's a leak.  At this point, I will concede though that the one dropping on the 1st seems to basically be the same song.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:31 AM »
I don't get what some of you were expecting from this final mix. If you look at the first version of Kush that leaked, it wasn't very different than the final mix. Although this one is even less different, they are both almost identical to the early versions. So what is Dre actually getting credit for on "the biggest rap album of all time"? I know he'll get the executive producer credits because he's basically arranging and putting the whole thing together how he wants (or is he? According the D.O.C. interview maybe not) and the mixing credits.

And people need to stop acting like only this site doesn't like it. I don't think any hip-hop fan (who is at all in the know) thinks this is isn't a huge let-down for a Detox single. Not even a Detox leftover as far as i'm concerned, just a shitty Recovery wannabe track.

Also, I kind of saw this coming when the leaks from the past 3 or 4 years weren't produced by Dre either. I just thought he would really fix them up and turn them into Dre production. Guess not.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
you may argue about what pop/mainstream is while the heart of the matter is if the song is good or not. And this one is pure trash... Dre is destroying his own legacy.
If this is the sound of Detox, most advanced rap album ever then it's going to turn Dre form legend to laughing stock. Face it. And please don't tell me things like 'record sales will tell you you were wrong". Bullshit. It's not all about the money. Whores are all about the money. not artists. Artists should be all about the art god dammit (even if it's pop art lol). Record sales ain't shit. Music is the shit... peace

edit: one more thing. imo there's nothing wrong with going mainstream if you're doing it the right way...when good music comes first and money second. Chronic and 2001 sounded like music was on the first place. proof? They've changed mainstream music in some points (it wasn't revolutionary but passionate enough to change some things in mainstream music). Now Dre is following mainstream standards which means he's all about the money recently.  and you can hear it in the music.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:50:52 AM by shoo »

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »
I Need a Doctor is constructed the same way Love The Way You Lie. :-\

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »
yeah Dre should have definitely produced it, like you said he lost his confidence

Yea I don't get why tho... he got a grammy last year.  Maybe he feels he's not with the times re: pop-rap so he got a hired gun to help him out.  Didn't this guy do the Em/Rihanna song too (which was huge)?  
They know the hardcores will get it regardless so I guess they're tryign to get the youngins to buy it too with this new track.
i guess he feels that he can't make a monster single for Detox

clean version

http://www.allaccess.com/top40-rhythmic/future-releases
it still sounds like it's playing in a basement  ???

yeah Alex Da Kid raped the song with effects on the beat.. but nothin could really save this song apart from new lyrics, new flows and a different beat.

thegooddoc

« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
you may argue about what pop/mainstream is while the heart of the matter is if the song is good or not. And this one is pure trash... Dre is destroying his own legacy.
If this is the sound of Detox, most advanced rap album ever then it's going to turn Dre form legend to laughing stock. Face it. And please don't tell me things like 'record sales will tell you you were wrong". Bullshit. It's not all about the money. Whores are all about the money. not artists. Artists should be all about the art god dammit (even if it's pop art lol). Record sales ain't shit. Music is the shit... peace

I think you have a point in regard to the quality of the record and based on the two singles that have come out I'm skeptical, but when you listen to Relapse, I think there is still hope.  Also, I've never really liked Dre's radio songs anyways. Regardless, although this is a disappointment for long time Dre fans and not what I was hoping for this is the type of song that radio stations are playing and people are buying right now.

The artists that refuse to update their sound fall by the wayside.  

Avalanche

« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
shoulda left the effects on eminems verse in the beginning, thats just my opinion though.

snoop

« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »
Song should have two verses. 1 Eminem, 1 Dre.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2011, 08:12:17 AM »

I think you have a point in regard to the quality of the record and based on the two singles that have come out I'm skeptical, but when you listen to Relapse, I think there is still hope.  Also, I've never really liked Dre's radio songs anyways. Regardless, although this is a disappointment for long time Dre fans and not what I was hoping for this is the type of song that radio stations are playing and people are buying right now.

The artists that refuse to update their sound fall by the wayside.  

True that. But don't forget about one thing. Artists who are unable to make their own unique sound fall too (or they're one hit wonders at best). And when it comes to updating your unique style you need to prove you're still the shit and you are able to come up with something fresh. If you fail you'll probably destroy your "legendary" image (or at least make it hurt bad). Proving you're still the shit is way harder than blowing up. If you don't feel like you can handle it - don't do it.
After hearing Kush and I Need A Doctor songs that are outdated at start i don't think Dre can't handle it. I don't even know if Dre wants to handle it.

Omega12

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »
Horrible song for Detox  :-\
Fuckin' Pop Rock Beat...

JohnnyL

« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
I don't get what some of you were expecting from this final mix. If you look at the first version of Kush that leaked, it wasn't very different than the final mix. Although this one is even less different, they are both almost identical to the early versions. So what is Dre actually getting credit for on "the biggest rap album of all time"? I know he'll get the executive producer credits because he's basically arranging and putting the whole thing together how he wants (or is he? According the D.O.C. interview maybe not) and the mixing credits.

And people need to stop acting like only this site doesn't like it. I don't think any hip-hop fan (who is at all in the know) thinks this is isn't a huge let-down for a Detox single. Not even a Detox leftover as far as i'm concerned, just a shitty Recovery wannabe track.

Also, I kind of saw this coming when the leaks from the past 3 or 4 years weren't produced by Dre either. I just thought he would really fix them up and turn them into Dre production. Guess not.

It just depends, the difference in the leaked version of a song and the finished, retail version varies tremendously from track to track.  You're right about the leaked version of "Kush" not being very different from the finished version.  But with the song "Echo" for instance, whoever leaked that track took the components of the song from the studio and put it together themselves, so the leaked version doesn't even have the artists on the song in the proper order.  That's why I was asking about the source of the leak, because the original "I Need a Doctor" leak, started circulating about the same time as "Echo" Living Proof" and "All She Wrote."  I'm not saying that that made me think that there would definitely be a big difference in the way the end version of "I Need a Doctor" sounded, I was just saying that I thought it was a possibility, at the time.

illuminutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
they just posted the Full Version on Allhiphop......not very different....
Life izza Beach & then U Swim!!!

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
they just posted the Full Version on Allhiphop......not very different....

That´s what I´ve been saying all along. Yet some of these idiots wanted to believe that Dr.Dre would change the beat, composition of the track etc. Pathetic.