Poll

who

I think Shaq was better in his prime + had better total career
6 (50%)
I believe Shaq was better in his prime but Hakeem had the better total career
0 (0%)
I believe Hakeem was better in his prime + had better total career
2 (16.7%)
I believe that Hakeem was better in his prime but Shaq had the better total career
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Hakeem vs Shaq  (Read 607 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Hakeem vs Shaq
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
Hakeem in his prime was better than a rookie Shaq. That's all we can prove. I know I'd rather have Shaq's career and Shaq in his prime on my time than I would Olajuwon. He came close once in the 80s but they  got slapped around by Larry in the finals. The rest of the years they were a one and done team.

imagine if Hakeem had a Kobe as his #2 lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 02:23:11 AM »
Hakeem Olajuwon.  Motherfucking MVP, Defensive MVP and goddamn Finals MVP in the same fucking year.  Quadruple doubles.  Defeating his greatest contemporaries during the playoffs and championships.  Shaq defeated a white dude from the fucking Netherlands and ancient Dikembe Mutombo then got whipped by a 6'8" CBA player named Ben Wallace.

Shaq could have been better if he had learn the saying, "I'm full."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:07 AM »
Hakeem in his prime was better than a rookie Shaq. That's all we can prove. I know I'd rather have Shaq's career and Shaq in his prime on my time than I would Olajuwon. He came close once in the 80s but they  got slapped around by Larry in the finals. The rest of the years they were a one and done team.

imagine if Hakeem had a Kobe as his #2 lol

Larry on a rookie Kobe would have had his way with him on both sides of the ball.

Trip Dee

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 05:11:15 AM »
i can't even vote on that. even though they were both centers, they were 2 totally different players. hakeem was a classy, skilled and intelligent player and shaq was dominant player with an animal strenght, but on the skill level he was rather awkward. but they were achieving the same goals, so i guess is to each their own. matter of taste.

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »
Hakeem Olajuwon.  Motherfucking MVP, Defensive MVP and goddamn Finals MVP in the same fucking year.  Quadruple doubles.  Defeating his greatest contemporaries during the playoffs and championships.  Shaq defeated a white dude from the fucking Netherlands and ancient Dikembe Mutombo then got whipped by a 6'8" CBA player named Ben Wallace.

true

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
ben wallace isnt a CBA player lmao      but he would score a lot more in the CBA if it existed

but Wallace has proven himself to be an NBA player
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
Hakeem was definitely better in his prime. Not to mention, Hakeem had centers like Robinson and Ewing who were in their prime at the same time as him to compete with. While Shaq was in his prime...the center position as we know it was in the process of being phased out anyways. Take a look at the All Star choices for Center these days lol.

However, I do think Shaq had the better career. The championships with the Lakers, and the one with the Heat. Although Hakeem was FAR more skilled, Shaq has had an amazing career.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
why don't we have dominant centers anymore?

i mean Howard is the only true exception although Yao could've had that status too

funny how we have all these dope power forwards for big men....it's like we can't have a dominant 7 footer anymore

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »
why don't we have dominant centers anymore?

i mean Howard is the only true exception although Yao could've had that status too

funny how we have all these dope power forwards for big men....it's like we can't have a dominant 7 footer anymore

Fuckin Europeans ruined basketball lol With soft 7 footers shooting three pointers instead bangin with eachother down low (no homo).
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »
Because LeBron is almost the size of a Center & can control the ball like a Point Guard. The game is on another level these days, in terms of freakishness.

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »
Because LeBron is almost the size of a Center & can control the ball like a Point Guard. The game is on another level these days, in terms of freakishness.

Yeah, not just LeBron though. Remember, Magic was a freakish point guard as well (heightwise). The game has just changed to be geared around offense so much more...so bigmen are learning to face up more and play almost like small forwards (credit David Robinson  8)). The difference is though, back in the day....bigmen played much better defense then now. Dwight Howard is good defensively, but looks so good because he his being compared to every other bigman out there who plays no D at all.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »

Yeah, not just LeBron though. Remember, Magic was a freakish point guard as well (heightwise). The game has just changed to be geared around offense so much more...so bigmen are learning to face up more and play almost like small forwards (credit David Robinson  8)). The difference is though, back in the day....bigmen played much better defense then now. Dwight Howard is good defensively, but looks so good because he his being compared to every other bigman out there who plays no D at all.

But at the end of the day the teams with defensive minded bigs with great wing players wins the rings.

The league is in favor of offense because that's what sells.

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »

But at the end of the day the teams with defensive minded bigs with great wing players wins the rings.

The league is in favor of offense because that's what sells.

True

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
no doubt the "big fella" imo best bigman to ever play

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
no doubt the "big fella" imo best bigman to ever play

Man....there isnt ONE aspect of Shaqs game that was better than Hakeems. The only thing Shaq has, he is heavier. Im not sure if you got to watch Hakeem in his prime...but he was amazing. And again, he was competing with Robinson and Ewing in their primes. Hakeem had a better jumper, better footwork, better post moves (lol not even close), better defender....Shaq was just fatter is all.