Poll

who

I think Shaq was better in his prime + had better total career
6 (50%)
I believe Shaq was better in his prime but Hakeem had the better total career
0 (0%)
I believe Hakeem was better in his prime + had better total career
2 (16.7%)
I believe that Hakeem was better in his prime but Shaq had the better total career
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Hakeem vs Shaq  (Read 606 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Hakeem vs Shaq
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
Shaq scored more in his prime   
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:25 AM »
Shaq scored more in his prime   

Hakeem blocked more shots, stole more balls and actually hit his free throws.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:44 AM »
Hakeem in his (short) prime is the best center of all the time ...  we will never seee another center with such skills ... his destruction of Robinson the league MVP in the 95 playoffs is the best individual performance of all the time in a postseason series ... Shaq had the better carreer but is uninteresting to watch playing

Citizen-Y

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
Hakeem in his (short) prime is the best center of all the time ...  we will never seee another center with such skills ... his destruction of Robinson the league MVP in the 95 playoffs is the best individual performance of all the time in a postseason series ... Shaq had the better carreer but is uninteresting to watch playing

Short prime?  He was all world from 87 to 98

theremedy360

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
Hakeem was more skilled, but Shaq was just a freak of nature. Shaq's dominance is pretty much un-paralled so I gotta give it to the big guy.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »

yeah   that wasn't too short IMO
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mietek23

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 04:22:17 AM »
Hakeem mid-range jumper was prolly the best from all the centers I've seen in my life. He had more offensive moves in the post area - Shaq dominated people with his physical power. He was bigger and stronger than any other center. The Dream destroyed opponents with his jumpers and dream shake's. Hard to tell who was better in their primes - both were great and fun to watch.

But I'll take Hakeem - he style of play was just so smooth it was always a pleasure to watch him :)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »

Well I may have express myself incorrectly ... let's say at his very best which was the 2 years he won the title ... he always was great during the era you mentioned but he wasn't on a whole another level for 11 years like he was in 94 and 95