Author Topic: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]  (Read 7993 times)

Matty

Re: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
The Ocean has a great vibe to it, definitely a solid track. The guy singing on it sounds like the guy who does the bridge on Make Up Sex, so I think it's pretty safe to say that Dre was involved with that track as well like some of us suspected. I like all three of the Dre sessions tracks that have come out so far, but Make Up Sex is the best in my opinion. Everything about that song is really dope, and Game's flow is on point. I wonder why it wasn't put on this tape?

agreed on Make Up Sex.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »
(1) I did give the reason I didn't like it.

(2) I spent as much time on this mixtape as I do on any other project I check out. I think the music I listen to deserves to be commented on does it not? That's the purpose of a music forum and that's what everyone else in this thread is doing.

(3) If you really have no objection to me commenting on free music then there is no point to any of your posts. You can't say you're fine with me voicing my dislike and then go and complain about it.

1.  Do you mean you're reason was that it was overhyped?  That seems like a broad generalization, but so-be it.

2.  No argument on this point.  This is a music forum, more power to ya.

3.  I have no problem with anyone discussing why they do or don't like a song/album/mixtape... whatever.  I personally disagree with your complaining about free music without at least giving some feedback for why you didn't like it.  But I'm also not the boss of this forum.  I don't set the rules but even if I did, I wouldn't try to shut you up just for having a different opinion than mine.  As I see it, there was a point to my post.  The point I was trying to make is that no one was trying to hustle you (or anyone else).  This wasn't some con.  It's not as though Game tricked you into buying sub-par songs and ran off with your ten dollars.  The artist gave you two albums worth of music to listen to and if you didn't like it you could have sent it to the "recycle bin."

Did you even read my post? I said there was way too much filler and only half the songs were worth listening to more than once. And that I was disappointed based on the expectations set by other people's reactions in this thread. Either you have a problem with that post or you don't. If you do then you're lying right now by saying you don't have a problem. If you don't then there is no point to any of your posts and you should stop replying. Make up your mind.

Fyi, I did send most of the tracks to the recycle bin. I kept the ones I liked and came to this thread to add my input. You clearly have a problem with any negative input or else you wouldn't be complaining.

JohnnyL

« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

(2) I spent as much time on this mixtape as I do on any other project I check out. I think the music I listen to deserves to be commented on does it not? That's the purpose of a music forum and that's what everyone else in this thread is doing.

(3) If you really have no objection to me commenting on free music then there is no point to any of your posts. You can't say you're fine with me voicing my dislike and then go and complain about it.

1.  Do you mean you're reason was that it was overhyped?  That seems like a broad generalization, but so-be it.

3.  I have no problem with anyone discussing why they do or don't like a song/album/mixtape... whatever.  I personally disagree with your complaining about free music without at least giving some feedback for why you didn't like it.  But I'm also not the boss of this forum.  I don't set the rules but even if I did, I wouldn't try to shut you up just for having a different opinion than mine.  As I see it, there was a point to my post.  The point I was trying to make is that no one was trying to hustle you (or anyone else).  This wasn't some con.  It's not as though Game tricked you into buying sub-par songs and ran off with your ten dollars.  The artist gave you two albums worth of music to listen to and if you didn't like it you could have sent it to the "recycle bin."

Did you even read my post? I said there was way too much filler and only half the songs were worth listening to more than once. And that I was disappointed based on the expectations set by other people's reactions in this thread. Either you have a problem with that post or you don't. If you do then you're lying right now by saying you don't have a problem. If you don't then there is no point to any of your posts and you should stop replying. Make up your mind.

Fyi, I did send most of the tracks to the recycle bin. I kept the ones I liked and came to this thread to add my input. You clearly have a problem with any negative input or else you wouldn't be complaining.

1. Did I even read your post?  Yes.
2. Either I have a problem with your post or I don't?  See point #3 in my previous post.
3. You sent most of the tracks to the recycle bin?  Good work.
4. I have a problem with any negative input?  What do you mean, about this mixtape or in general?  I really have no specific attachment to this mixtape.  As a matter of fact, I haven't quite finished listening to disc 2 yet.  I do think most of your posts tend to be negative, but I don't even have a problem with that.  As a matter of fact, my original post in this thread wasn't just directed at you, but you keep replying, so I guess I have to keep restating my point...

*mixtape = free
*you = out nothing 
*complain if want.  I = not boss of board. 
*but complain - argument to support complain = me not taking complaints serious

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »
Cd was dope

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2011, 01:54:18 AM »
Dead: This beat has so much potential, but sounds poorly mixed. If Dr.Dre had mixed this it would have been near classic and should definitely have made RED.

History: This is my favourite joint off the album, and as I'm an old fucker (36), I love the fact that it's got KRS, Kane and Fresh on it.

The Kill: Overused sample of a song that was already huge in Europe in 2009, but it works.

Living Better Now: Great track. The panned snare drums are bangin'.

Burn NY: No Game but this is a great Mysonne track.

Loads of other pretty dope songs on here. For a mixtape, this is exceptionally good and clearly Games best mixtape so far.

Trip Dee

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:04 AM »
never been a huge Game fan but i gave it a try and i'm preety much likin' it. altough one CD with wisely chosen tracks would be better, i'm not complainin' cause they proly wouldn't be chosen wisely...

i kept: LA Times, RIP Story, Purp & Patron, I'm The King, Taylor Made, Children Story, Dead, The Kill, Heart Breaker, Burn NY, Wonderful World, I Just Want To Fuck, 187, Supastar, History and The Ocean of which i really love all the tracks i mentioned from the 1st CD, and History from the 2nd one.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
So basically I took a few days to listen to the tape a few times and get a overall feel of how it went. I still think that this mixtape is an instant classic and should always be mentioned with some of the best mixtapes we have heard. I honestly feel that way. I felt that the reception it recieved was EPIC given that promotion for the mixtape only started a week before it came and was mostly done through our forum and twitter. So to see the impact it has had on the music industry surprises me, you got Lawsuits being filed by RZA......Game has an interview up on all the damn music websites and magazines AND ITS ALL OVER A MIXTAPE. This was a G move in my book. He went out and promoted the shit out of himself with a double mixtape. Some fools dont even release a double LP in their careers. Its smart strategy. Now he has Interscope drooling over the opportunity to put out R.E.D. Album. Hes got them hooked, now he just needs to make that crucial first single decsion. Now I know you guys are gonna say that the crap he claimed last year as singles failed and blah blah blah.....He did that to test the waters. He is now at a point where the serious album single needs to come. As long as this record is the one that takes off, he will do the numbers he always does. If the first single is good enough, Interscope will promote the shit out of it and follow up with a promotion of Detox all at one time. You gonna have Dre & Game making appearances on BILLBOARD at the same quarter. Its like Interscope is about to let off its Hip Hop Arsenal on the industry all at once.

As far as P&P goes. I listened to it straight through (with tags) twice. No interuptions on my beats and I loved the whole tape. Some of the songs werent my favorite style but I was able to take something I liked out of every song. Game's vocals are on point in this mixtape, his flows and harmonies are all in sync. Hes delivered a great tape. If I had to cut it down to one tape Im sure there a few tracks here and there that I could live without, but I DID NOT LISTEN TO A SINGLE SONG THAT I FELT WAS BAD. Some were amazing and some were just good, but no bad. To me thats a solid mixtape. Game gave you guys a solid joint here and we are about to get another mixtape in a couple of days thats got even more heat for us. So be thankful that its finally happening. I also noticed that Game, Dre & Kendrick Lamar posted a pic of them in the studio last night. Good sign. Dre has all the records and it seems like hes got all the people that he wants coming in to finish it up.

And If I had to condence the mixtape to a single disc, this is how it would go (not that I would or feel the need to but since you guys are curious)

1. L.A. Times [Prod. By EP]
2. In My '64 (Ft. Pharell & Snoop Dogg) [Prod. By The Neptunes]
3. Purp & Patron (Ft. Sam Hook, Menace & TD)
4. I'm The King [Prod. By 1500 or Nuttin']
5. Taylor Made (Ft. Wiz Khalifa) [Che Vicious]
6. Children's Story [Prod. By EP]
7. Dead [Prod. By 1500 or Nuttin']
8. Ferrari Lifestyle (Ft. Fabolous) [Prod. By D.A. Dorman]
9. The Kill [Prod. By Cool & Dre]
10. Heart Breaker (Ft. Rev Burke) [Prod. By RZA]
11. Khaki Suit (Ft. T-Pain) [Prod. By T-Pain]
12. Ashes To Ashes (Ft. Rick Ross) [Prod. By Kanye?] ***Ross shouts him out so Idk*****
13. Soft Rhodes (Ft. Ashanti) [Prod. By Dr. Dre]
14. I Just Want To Fuck (Ft. Kurupt) [Prod. by Denaun Porter]
15. Favorite DJ (Ft. Clinton Sparks, Jim Jones & Bun B) [Prod. by Green Lantern]
16. 187 (Ft. Lil Boosie)
17. History (Ft. Doug E. Fresh, KRS-One & Big Daddy Kane [Prod. by EP]
18. The Ocean (Ft. Dr. Dre, Wyclef Jean & Busta Rhymes) [Prod. by Dr. Dre}

I think that mixtape right there would be better than Drake's debut album anyday. I also would say this is better than Carter III.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:49:29 AM by xxrayrayxx »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »
he's giving free music to make up for the delay of RED.

Mr.West

« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2011, 03:34:52 AM »
HISTORY is without a douth the best track!! WOW fucking insane!!! Real HipHop!!!

GAME TIME

Think R.E.D.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2011, 12:42:29 AM »

1. Did I even read your post?  Yes.
2. Either I have a problem with your post or I don't?  See point #3 in my previous post.
3. You sent most of the tracks to the recycle bin?  Good work.
4. I have a problem with any negative input?  What do you mean, about this mixtape or in general?  I really have no specific attachment to this mixtape.  As a matter of fact, I haven't quite finished listening to disc 2 yet.  I do think most of your posts tend to be negative, but I don't even have a problem with that.  As a matter of fact, my original post in this thread wasn't just directed at you, but you keep replying, so I guess I have to keep restating my point...

*mixtape = free
*you = out nothing  
*complain if want.  I = not boss of board.  

Really? Who was your initial post directed at then?

If you have a point it is completely lost on me. Obviously its a free mixtape. Obviously I didn't spend any money listening to it. You are simply stating obvious facts that everyone knows. What is the point of that? There is none....

UNLESS you happen to have a problem to me giving a negative review of the mixtape. IF that was the case then your post would make sense. And my response to that as I've told you already, would be that my opinion belongs here just as much as those who loved the tape. This is a music forum and I believe its purpose is for people to discuss music on, including the quality of it. If you don't have a problem with that then I see no reason why you continue to reply.

JohnnyL

« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2011, 02:48:54 AM »

1. Did I even read your post?  Yes.
2. Either I have a problem with your post or I don't?  See point #3 in my previous post.
3. You sent most of the tracks to the recycle bin?  Good work.
4. I have a problem with any negative input?  What do you mean, about this mixtape or in general?  I really have no specific attachment to this mixtape.  As a matter of fact, I haven't quite finished listening to disc 2 yet.  I do think most of your posts tend to be negative, but I don't even have a problem with that.  As a matter of fact, my original post in this thread wasn't just directed at you, but you keep replying, so I guess I have to keep restating my point...

*mixtape = free
*you = out nothing  
*complain if want.  I = not boss of board.  

Really? Who was your initial post directed at then?

If you have a point it is completely lost on me. Obviously its a free mixtape. Obviously I didn't spend any money listening to it. You are simply stating obvious facts that everyone knows. What is the point of that? There is none....

UNLESS you happen to have a problem to me giving a negative review of the mixtape. IF that was the case then your post would make sense. And my response to that as I've told you already, would be that my opinion belongs here just as much as those who loved the tape. This is a music forum and I believe its purpose is for people to discuss music on, including the quality of it. If you don't have a problem with that then I see no reason why you continue to reply.

My post was directed at you.  It just wasn't directed at only you. If I wish to make the observation that this is a free download as a way of trying to keep things in perspective for the people who were disappointed with the project, I don't see why there should be some issue with my doing that.  Of course this is a music forum and you can give your thoughts whenever you like.  Shouldn't I also be able to do that?  How many times would you have me explain it?  I don't have a problem with you disliking the mixtape.  And in none of my posts have I made that assertion.  I disagree that you really gave a substantial reason for disliking it though.  If anything, it sounded to me as though you were blaming people on this forum for you not liking it, because they raised your expectations.  I really see no point in continuing this debate.  I thought my original post was pretty self-explanitory.  You obviously disagree with that, but going back and forth over this is a waste of both our time.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
I too am confused why you continue to post when you have essentially added nothing. All you did was point out the fact that it was free, which is completely obvious. Its a worthless fact on its own, UNLESS you were using that fact to imply I shouldn't be criticizing it. Which you keep denying. BUT

If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.

You clearly took exception to my opinion. There really is no other way to take your og post.

JohnnyL

« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
I too am confused why you continue to post when you have essentially added nothing. All you did was point out the fact that it was free, which is completely obvious. Its a worthless fact on its own, UNLESS you were using that fact to imply I shouldn't be criticizing it. Which you keep denying. BUT

If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.

You clearly took exception to my opinion. There really is no other way to take your og post.

Ughhh.  We still haven't moved past this?  You keep mentioning my replies to this thread, but you continue to take my original one-sentence post and scrutinize it to find some deeper meaning than what was plainly stated in the original post.  If you thought what I said was obvious and not worth mentioning, so be it.  But I have no desire to continue pouring over the minutiae of a single post that I posted 3 days ago.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #268 on: February 02, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
You took exception to my opinion and posted a reply. I responded to it. If you continue to reply then that's really on you. You're welcome to stop this conversation any time.

However you keep insisting you didn't take exception and were simply stating that it was free. That its free is what is obvious to me and if that was all your post was about then I'm still left wondering what the point of that was.

JohnnyL

« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »
You took exception to my opinion and posted a reply. I responded to it. If you continue to reply then that's really on you. You're welcome to stop this conversation any time.

However you keep insisting you didn't take exception and were simply stating that it was free. That its free is what is obvious to me and if that was all your post was about then I'm still left wondering what the point of that was.

I still think the point was pretty clear, but even if you don't agree there was a point, I have every right to post.  For someone who champions the cause of speaking one's mind, you seem to have a problem with my doing so.