Author Topic: Game Talks Dr. Dre-Produced Tracks On "Purp & Patron" And "The R.E.D. Album"  (Read 1302 times)

woof

On Including Two Songs Produced By Dr. Dre For His New Mixtape, Purp & Patron

"Everything on that is new. [I recorded the songs with Dre] probably a couple months ago in late July. I was just trying to fill a mixtape, so I just put as many shits as I could. They didn’t necessarily have to be Dre songs, or Cool and Dre. I just was going through the hard drive and whatever I found that was of good quality and recent recording, I gave to Skee. And some of those had already leaked, maybe a verse or hook. The whole version didn’t leak, so that’s why I threw the Dre joints out because they had already leaked. [In terms of having a song with Ashanti], I don’t think she was riding with anything. She separated herself from the beef if anything. Dre called me and was like, 'You ever work with Ashanti?' and I was like, 'Nah.' He was like, 'Are you opposed to it?' And I said, 'Nope.' So we did it. People think 'You’re back in with Dre,' but I’ve been in with Dre. I haven’t necessarily had him on an album, but I’ve been working with Dre on Detox for my entire career. The world doesn’t know ‘cause Detox hasn’t come out yet and I haven’t had anything from him on L.A.X. and Doctor’s Advocate because, you know the politics. But me and Dre been talking and chilling since the beginning. Documentary came out and I went my own way, did what I had to do to take care of my family, but it ain’t like he didn’t call me or I ain’t check on him."

On The R.E.D. Album

"I think 'The KIll' is the only song [off Purp & Patron] with enough potential to make it on The R.E.D. Album. The R.E.D. Album is pretty much 95 percent done. Until I find a record that is just so amazing to me, and it’s next level and doesn’t sound like anything that’s out, and makes me feel comfortable with it being played on the radio and shooting a video to it, I won’t give R.E.D. Album a date. At this point it’s pretty much in my hands. I had a meeting with Jimmy Iovine and the label heads about a week ago and they gave me the green light to kind of pick a date when I want. The album is so classy, that I can’t sell it short with any single man. I wanna come with the right song, and make sure it’s a song that’s classic and iconic, and then we’ll know. I’m recording every day for no reason. Pharrell is executive producer and it ain’t gone change. I got Dre producing on the album, I got Premier. Like all the people I’ve wanted on one album, are on this album. I knocked out like two, three joints with Premier before I left on tour, so maybe shit, the end of like October, but, I’m probably gonna use one on the album. Premier sent me the joints he did. Something he don’t never do. Premier don’t send you shit through email, but we’ve been meaning to catch up to each other and work, and he was doing some stuff with Christina Aguilera and some other things so he be everywhere. So he ended up saying, 'I’ll just send you these joints. I made this for you.'"

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
Sounds good  8)

Dunno why he is dropping a mixtape now if the album anit coming soon this hole Buzz for game music will be gone soon

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Props for the info. I think it's from the DJ Skee interview from last night. I CANNOT wait to hear game over a dj premier beat. I really hope Premo gave him some gems. Some recent beats he made weren't that good, though he still got it from time to time. Check the new reks single for example. That one is dope as hell. He said he got other beats from dre for his album, right? Why not putting out a Dre single? Dre must be really confused with his OWN beats...

Matty

i think game could be real dope over a premo beat 8)

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think game could be real dope over a premo beat 8)

Me too. Can't wait to hear it

I think if RED is still a while away game should have created a Game Wednesday or something where he leaks a track every week or something. But I ain't complaining :)
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this mixtape is just left overs of stuff that didn't make "brake lights"
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

sav

Yeah right. Hahahah

Original88

• Lil Geezy
Damn you stupid

Lunatic

"I think 'The KIll' is the only song [off Purp & Patron] with enough potential to make it on The R.E.D. Album.
Game has good taste. I been sayin' "The Kill" was the best track on P&P  8) :laugh:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

But me and Dre been talking and chilling since the beginning. Documentary came out and I went my own way, did what I had to do to take care of my family, but it ain’t like he didn’t call me or I ain’t check on him."

lmao, right. That's why you had lyrics pleading with dr. dre to pick up the phone  :D

sofdark

But me and Dre been talking and chilling since the beginning. Documentary came out and I went my own way, did what I had to do to take care of my family, but it ain’t like he didn’t call me or I ain’t check on him."

lmao, right. That's why you had lyrics pleading with dr. dre to pick up the phone  :D

well, he must've climb to Dre's window

MOON KNIGHT

On The R.E.D. Album

"I think 'The KIll' is the only song [off Purp & Patron] with enough potential to make it on The R.E.D. Album. The R.E.D. Album is pretty much 95 percent done. Until I find a record that is just so amazing to me, and it’s next level and doesn’t sound like anything that’s out, and makes me feel comfortable with it being played on the radio and shooting a video to it, I won’t give R.E.D. Album a date. At this point it’s pretty much in my hands. I had a meeting with Jimmy Iovine and the label heads about a week ago and they gave me the green light to kind of pick a date when I want. The album is so classy, that I can’t sell it short with any single man. I wanna come with the right song, and make sure it’s a song that’s classic and iconic, and then we’ll know. I’m recording every day for no reason. Pharrell is executive producer and it ain’t gone change. I got Dre producing on the album, I got Premier. Like all the people I’ve wanted on one album, are on this album. I knocked out like two, three joints with Premier before I left on tour, so maybe shit, the end of like October, but, I’m probably gonna use one on the album. Premier sent me the joints he did. Something he don’t never do. Premier don’t send you shit through email, but we’ve been meaning to catch up to each other and work, and he was doing some stuff with Christina Aguilera and some other things so he be everywhere. So he ended up saying, 'I’ll just send you these joints. I made this for you.'"

Translation :
The reason my album is pretty much 95% done & not 100% is because their have been numerous versions of this turned into Interscope and all have been rejected. Until I find a record that creates a buzz, will be played on the radio, and shoot a video...INTERSCOPE will not give me a release date. Had a meeting with Jimmy last week, they gave me the green light to "kind of"  ??? pick a date when I want.  :laugh:

(Can you imagine inside the offices of Interscope.....)

Jimmy : Mr. Taylor please have a seat.
Game : Thanks Mr. Iovine.
Jimmy : Listen Jayceon we here at the Universal Music Group are so impressed with what you've turned in lately and have a surprise for you.
Game : What ? Tell me.
Jimmy : We're ready for the go ahead on your new album. What's it called again ?
Game : The R.E.D. Album.
Jimmy : Uh....Oh that's it.
Game : I spent years coming up with this concept. Rest assured Mr. Iovine it's Game time again. This is definately gonna be my best album yet.
Jimmy : Oh, I see. Well since you feel that way why don't we let you settle on the release date of this. I mean don't rush it...we still haven't shot the video to your first single yet anyway.
Game : You really mean it ?
Jimmy : Yes and if this date works out maybe we'll let you pick out some release dates for other Interscope acts.
Game : It would be an honor Mr. Iovine. Listen...I've got some great ideas for Detox.
Jimmy : Detox ?
Game : Yeah you know Dre's album, the one he's been in the studio working on. Didn't he tell you he invited me to some of his recording sessions.
Jimmy : Ahh...yea of course how could i forget.
Game : Do..Do..Do you think I could pick the day it drops ?
Jimmy : Game I'm going to have to wrap this little meeting up. I have to take this important call. But before you leave remember... Don't call us we'll call you.

Back 2 Reality -
Anyone who believes Interscope told him to "kind of" pick a date when he wants is just as delusional as Mr. Taylor or knows nothing about the record biz.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Translation :
The reason my album is pretty much 95% done & not 100% is because their have been numerous versions of this turned into Interscope and all have been rejected. Until I find a record that creates a buzz, will be played on the radio, and shoot a video...INTERSCOPE will not give me a release date. Had a meeting with Jimmy last week, they gave me the green light to "kind of"  ??? pick a date when I want.  :laugh:

(Can you imagine inside the offices of Interscope.....)

Jimmy : Mr. Taylor please have a seat.
Game : Thanks Mr. Iovine.
Jimmy : Listen Jayceon we here at the Universal Music Group are so impressed with what you've turned in lately and have a surprise for you.
Game : What ? Tell me.
Jimmy : We're ready for the go ahead on your new album. What's it called again ?
Game : The R.E.D. Album.
Jimmy : Uh....Oh that's it.
Game : I spent years coming up with this concept. Rest assured Mr. Iovine it's Game time again. This is definately gonna be my best album yet.
Jimmy : Oh, I see. Well since you feel that way why don't we let you settle on the release date of this. I mean don't rush it...we still haven't shot the video to your first single yet anyway.
Game : You really mean it ?
Jimmy : Yes and if this date works out maybe we'll let you pick out some release dates for other Interscope acts.
Game : It would be an honor Mr. Iovine. Listen...I've got some great ideas for Detox.
Jimmy : Detox ?
Game : Yeah you know Dre's album, the one he's been in the studio working on. Didn't he tell you he invited me to some of his recording sessions.
Jimmy : Ahh...yea of course how could i forget.
Game : Do..Do..Do you think I could pick the day it drops ?
Jimmy : Game I'm going to have to wrap this little meeting up. I have to take this important call. But before you leave remember... Don't call us we'll call you.

Back 2 Reality -
Anyone who believes Interscope told him to "kind of" pick a date when he wants is just as delusional as Mr. Taylor or knows nothing about the record biz.

agreed...
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

lmao, right. That's why you had lyrics pleading with dr. dre to pick up the phone  :D

well, he must've climb to Dre's window
i was about to post that.

plus he was saying, i don't need Dre & Detox needs me.

anyway, nice conversation Moon knight :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:04:14 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
hope he will release it until summer