Author Topic: The Game Confirms That Wu-Tang's RZA Filed Lawsuit Against "Heartbreaker"  (Read 1133 times)

EnzoUK

Exclusive: Game explains that he and RZA made a song that couldn't be used for "R.E.D.," but when it ended up on this week's mixtape, the Abbott started sending cease-and-desists.

Yesterday, HipHopDX spoke with Compton, California emcee Game about his just-released double mixtape Purp & Patron. After revealing that Nas is a fan of "The Kill" and how iconic deejay Funkmaster Flex got involved with the project, Game also confirmed reports that Wu-Tang Clan's RZA had sent a cease-and-desist to Game and the media over the song "Heartbreaker."

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 Universal Music Publishing Group sent an "unauthorized use" letter on behalf of Robert Diggs (a/k/a RZA) to several media companies, including HipHopDX.com, asking for the removal of "Heartbreaker" from Purp & Patron, on behalf of the Wu's co-founder. The song has since been removed from the double-mixtape on DX. Yesterday, Game weighed in with what happened behind the scenes.

"I think RZA [is] tryin' to sue about ['Heartbreaker'] or somethin'," confirmed Game to HipHopDX yesterday. "That's fuckin' crazy. Like, I don't even know how RZA sues The Game." From Game's understanding, the song was an agreement. "He came to the studio and brought the ['Heartbreaker'] track to me. He's like, 'Yo Game, this is for you. You can have that.' Those are his words." Game also maintains that RZA's company on that day, Rev. Burke, was invited to rhyme on the record. "His boy spit crazy. I [rapped after] him."

Originally unsure what to do with the final product, the team learned that there were problems with the song's composition. "We found out that the sample was un-clearable," said Game about the Grand Funk Railroad song of the same name. "For anybody." In the rapper's eyes, that made the song unusable for his upcoming R.E.D. album. "So I threw it out [on a mixtape]. The next thing I know RZA is suing The Game. That shit's crazy. I didn't even know Wu-Tang sued niggas." Although the Aftermath Entertainment star was taken aback by the news, he says it's nothing personal. "I still got nothin' but respect for RZA [and] the whole Wu, and all of that. I'm good. I'm good friends with Ghostface [Killah] and [Raekwon] and Method [Man]. Those are my dudes. I would never speak down on RZA or any of those dudes for that matter - not that any of those dudes [have anything] to do with this conversation. But with the Wu, you gotta speak to a pack. It's all love." Last year, Game appeared on Ghostface Killah's album, Apollo Kids. On Game's last album, L.A.X., Raekwon appeared.

Although the song is presently an endangered species with Universal Publishing's cease-and-desist on behalf of RZA, Game remains complimentary of RZA's latest lyrical protege. "This dude Rev. Burke, he threw some shots out. He had a crazy lil' pimp swag. He had two girls with him; they were lookin' at this lil' nigga like he was Jesus and shit, while he was spittin' in the booth. I felt like when he was in the booth, that I was in the movie The Mack. This nigga was standin' there rockin' back and forth at the mic, and these chicks was dancin' slow and seductively. Shit was crazy."

SOURCE: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13856/title.game-confirms-that-wu-tangs-rza-filed-lawsuit-against-heartbreaker

seem's like a bitch move to me, althought we ain't heard RZA's side of the story yet and game is notorious for talking shit  ???
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
LMAO @ RZA .

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
who knows, maybe Universal just put RZA's name on it

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
i knew somthing wasnt right about game releasin this, RZA doesnt let people release his tracks on mixtapes, game should of thought a little more! the beat is quality though!

Muhfukka

its funny people would believe anything the game says at this point

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

didnt even know RZA did productions outside the Wu-Tang camp..

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did anyone read the full article? He's tryna say he recorded the album in 7 days lol fuck outta here with that bullshit game, I'm sure in another interview he said he went through his hardrive and grabbed a bunch of old songs, game stay contradicting himself, lucky there's some bangers on the tape

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

RZA produced song in Kanyes last album too

Original88

• Lil Geezy
If the beat was un-clearable it wouldnt have been used on any album, therefore it never would have made any money. RZA just being a bitch.

SMH

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
rza wants to get cake and doesn't want his material out in the public unless he is getting paid and his permission.  game fucked up.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Game Confirms That Wu-Tang's RZA Filed Lawsuit Against "Heartbreaker"
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
lol it's okay to have Dre on a mixtape, but RZA wants to have a cry - fuck outta here

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »
as Eminem would say:

RZA TRYING TO EAT OFF GAME CUZ HE MISSED THE BOAT
YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BLOW, BITCH YOU JUST TOO OLD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »

RZA produced song in Kanyes last album too

yeah, i remember now.
he did a beat for Biggie too, "life after death"-album or somethin like that?

other than, i never understood why he never worked wit other rappers. only Wu-Tang, Killa Beez-dudes..
RZA is a dope producer tho.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »
RZA was a dope producer in the 90s

but his best beats were used for GZA, Raek, Meth and the Wu as a whole

plus he had a few dope bangers for the Gravediggaz ofcourse  (although princep aul did mosta that)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
as Eminem would say:

RZA TRYING TO EAT OFF GAME CUZ HE MISSED THE BOAT
YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BLOW, BITCH YOU JUST TOO OLD

you serious? At this point in time RZA is in a way better position than Game. Game may or may not be able to make a successful comeback. Its rumored he's in need of money. RZA has no shortage of people who want his productions. He could eat off his Wu brethren for years. And in addition to music he has an acting career, is getting into directing and composes themes to movies.