Author Topic: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)  (Read 10141 times)

snoop

Re: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 06:37:54 AM »
reviews on itunes are for the most part very positive

thegooddoc

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 07:18:16 AM »
reviews on itunes are for the most part very positive

I was surprised to see so many reviews already, less than 8 hours after its release. I think this song will do better than Kush just based on its mainstream sound. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 07:23:39 AM »
  I've got no problem with people not liking this song.  I  don't really like it either.  But I think drawing the conclusion that this song will be representative of the way the entire "Detox" album sounds is way premature, at this point.  For one thing, "Kush" is also supposed to be on the album, and this song and "Kush" sound nothing like each other.  Now, I realize a lot of people don't like the "Kush" single either.  To me though, "Kush" at least sounds like a Dr. Dre song.  This song sound more like it would have been a better fit for an Eminem album.  It has Eminem on two of the three verses and Skylar Grey's hook sounds more like something that Em would have used for one of his songs.  At any rate, the two songs that are supposed to be intended for "Detox" sound nothing alike, and there's no release date for "Detox."  I wouldn't be surprised if the final tracklist gets changed about 10 more times between now and then.  I would try to keep an open mind about the rest of the album, even if you don't like this song.  If and when this album ever drops, I very much doubt that Alex Da Kid, Skylar Grey, and Eminem are going to be on the bulk of the album.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:25:17 AM by JohnnyL »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Hahahah, regardless of whether you like this song or not. Its just kinda sad its gonna sound like every other song out. I just peeped the Lupe leak and it has the exact same singer and producer. lmao.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
this song wouldnt be so bad if it was for relapse2/recovery2 or whatever em's new album is called instead of detox..
but again, after hearing rumors about dre working with soulja boy and bieber etc this isnt that bad.. just dont fit on detox
reminds me of castle walls with TI and christina aguilera..

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »
I always expected Detox to be a groundbreaking album, with trend setting sounds and innovative music.  This song is just following what everyone else is doing, and not even at a top notch level. 

Talk about MAJOR disappointment.  Damn, Dre. :-[

Dude, this is JUST 1 SONG!  Why do we need Dre to innovate again?  I just want him to make a great album!  Isn't that what it's all about?  Also, Lord Finnesse produced 1 song in 2001, so I'm not surprised that there's a non-Dre track on Detox.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »
fits right in with whats hip on the radio these days. dre fans = disappointed while the new gen will like this. Maybe dre is targeting the younger crowd for this album, oh well not the end of the world. just another artist and producer that fell off

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »
Funny to see everybody posting their suicide notes in this thread.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

snoop

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
it is already #2 on itunes. so much for it being a complete failure.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:02:41 AM by snoop »

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
anyone else think they took inspiration from doctors advocate, to the point where thet could be straight jackin it?

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
anyone else think they took inspiration from doctors advocate, to the point where thet could be straight jackin it?

i think they took inspiration from T.I castle walls, or airplanes with b.o.b, or any other HipHop/RnB joint on the radio..

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Lucifuge

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
shit is wierd.those drums are wack.but bass hit it.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

i think they took inspiration from T.I castle walls, or airplanes with b.o.b, or any other HipHop/RnB joint on the radio..

peace

except none of those songs have any comparable subject, soo  ::)

DjKeyz

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
lol @ all the positive reviews on iTunes

JohnnyL

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
lol @ all the positive reviews on iTunes

Well, I guess the more mainstream audience are going to be more receptive to this song than the people on this board.  I have to figure that's the demographic they were trying to go after with this track.