Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said (Feat. Skylar Grey) (Produced By Alex Da Kid)  (Read 591 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^Certainly not, I'm not giving him credit for that. All I'm saying is, he can keep making similar beats & throw females singers on the hook, but if the song as a whole sounds different then everything named in this thread, I don't mind it.

Not going to lie, these songs may get played out way too much & it eventually effects my opinion of them, but I did like all the songs mentioned in this thread at one point.

Avalanche

this an internet rip? there is a facebook chat beep during the middle of the song lol

jeromechickenbone

Lupe has been talking about this stuff for a minute...def impressed that he is addressing these things, and especially pushing it as a single. 

See how artists have to make huge concessions for the label?  It's like, ok, you can put whatever lyrics you want, but we're still gonna make it over the current flavor of the week producer, make it sound like every other song, get this ho to sing on the hook, etc...

Exact same shit they did w/ Nas' last album...Hero was very dope lyrically, spoke on some real shit...but they made him hop on one of Polow's beats and get Keri Hilson or whoever it was on the hook.

Check Lupe at the end of his Letterman performance: "No New World Order"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H2ysh84Xrq0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/H2ysh84Xrq0</a>

Lunatic

See how artists have to make huge concessions for the label?  It's like, ok, you can put whatever lyrics you want, but we're still gonna make it over the current flavor of the week producer, make it sound like every other song, get this ho to sing on the hook, etc..
Basically..

So sad (from the label perspective).

It's like a compromise
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nothing wrong with having a dope beat to sell music.  it's just a matter if it work or not.  nas's hero and lupe's words works.  other times, love the way you lie (despite being huge), don't.  just my preference though
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

kuruptDPG

I really can't wait for this "let's run to alex da faggot for a single" phase to go away

the drum beat makes me want to punch my screen

completly...ruins the trak, no offence but i dont kno how ppl can like this

Paul

I like Skyla Grey.

I hate Alex Da Kid  :-X
funkyfreshintheflesh