Author Topic: What are some songs mixed by Dre but he's not given producer credit?  (Read 735 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: What are some songs mixed by Dre but he's not given producer credit?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
Didn't Dre mix one of Jay-Z's entire records?

Kingdom Come...and it sounds great. Quik also needs to be mentioned when it comes to masters of the sonics/engineering/mixing side of things. Right up there with Dre and generally on a much lower budget.
yeah he did a great job with All eyez on me

TRG

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
Candy Shop
Just A Lil Bit
P.I.M.P.

The mix really brought these tracks to life

and yeh Quik is right up there aswell.  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:03:31 AM by TRG »

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 01:00:18 AM »
Why should Dre be given production credit anyway for mixing a record? Jimmy Douglass doesnt get credit for mixing all of Timbalands productions, and Guru doesnt get production credit for mixing all of Roc A Fellas productions. They get credit as a MIXER, as do all other mixing engineers, which is what Dre should get, not producer credits

This is the only intelligent post in this thread. Anyone who knows anything about music production know that when you mix a track (check: not producing, composing, writing the music etc) you get credit for MIXING the track.

I can't believe you people need to be spoonfed information like this.

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 01:14:07 AM »
Why should Dre be given production credit anyway for mixing a record? Jimmy Douglass doesnt get credit for mixing all of Timbalands productions, and Guru doesnt get production credit for mixing all of Roc A Fellas productions. They get credit as a MIXER, as do all other mixing engineers, which is what Dre should get, not producer credits

This is the only intelligent post in this thread. Anyone who knows anything about music production know that when you mix a track (check: not producing, composing, writing the music etc) you get credit for MIXING the track.

I can't believe you people need to be spoonfed information like this.
Who even said he should get production credit?...

dnjp4life

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:44 AM »
Mixing, in my opinion, has been one thing through out Dre's career that has been flawless.

I agree too.  You can't fault a Dr. Dre mix for a record in making it sound sonically damn near perfect.

BUT, let me just say that I believe Quik's Rhythm-al-ism is the best 'sounding' record that I've ever heard.  Even though it's from '98 or whatever, it still sounds perfectly crisp and clear in comparison to many other records released today.  Quik had a brilliant mix with that record.  That and 2001 are the two best mixed in my opinion.

Matty

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »
Mixing, in my opinion, has been one thing through out Dre's career that has been flawless.

I agree too.  You can't fault a Dr. Dre mix for a record in making it sound sonically damn near perfect.

BUT, let me just say that I believe Quik's Rhythm-al-ism is the best 'sounding' record that I've ever heard.  Even though it's from '98 or whatever, it still sounds perfectly crisp and clear in comparison to many other records released today.  Quik had a brilliant mix with that record.  That and 2001 are the two best mixed in my opinion.

i think Street Gospel is way up there too, possibly even better sounding! but i don't like Suga Free enough for it to get anywhere close to Rhythm-al-ism in my book.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
Tha Dogg Pound's What Would U Do? and Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?. Dr. Dre mixed those songs.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
He definitely shouldn't be given "producer" credit for a mix but "production credit", yes. I'm guessing this was either a type-o on your part or you misunderstand what production credit is. If Dre mixes down a record, he shouldn't be credited as a producer but should get the rightful credit for the mixing.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »
He definitely shouldn't be given "producer" credit for a mix but "production credit", yes. I'm guessing this was either a type-o on your part or you misunderstand what production credit is. If Dre mixes down a record, he shouldn't be credited as a producer but should get the rightful credit for the mixing.

Which he get's 99% of the time+++.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 02:14:57 PM »
As he should but I was establishing the difference between "producer credit" and "production credit". If someone is listed as playing the keyboards, that's "production credit". So someone should get production credit for mixing a record.