Author Topic: Jeff Fisher's gone too  (Read 1322 times)

Lunatic

Re: Jeff Fisher's gone too
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
^ I'm fine with that also. Packers QB coach Tom Clements is the top candidate for the job. I'd be at peace with that too. the DC job has been offered to Jerry Gray. It's his if he wants it.

Bruce Matthews joined today as OLine coach. Awesome first hire!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »
If Heimerdinger gets a new job fast I guess we'll see what he thinks of VY by how hard he pushes to bring him in. Could a reunion of the two in Minn, SF, Arizona or Carolina be possible? Those are the only 4 teams I see even thinking about it either one of the two guys.

The Cards don't even have a real OC and is VY really all that different from Ben, if you're looking through Ken's eyes? Harbaugh's a QB coach at heart and they got no one at QB, and the whole team needs re-toolling. I think the Panthers just signed an OC but he can be renamed and shit can't he? He hasn't really ran a successful offense ever, and Rivera's a defensive guy. Minnesota should take what they can get on offense. Heimerdinger and Young might be a great fit there.

Of course they can both come to Indy if VY wants to learn how to block and catch, and we could use a guy that knows how to co-ordinate a run game. hell, Vinnie would learn a hell of a lot playing under Manning. If he's very patient he can wait for Peyt's retirement and become a starter again at 32 or 33 years old.

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
If Heimerdinger gets a new job fast I guess we'll see what he thinks of VY by how hard he pushes to bring him in. Could a reunion of the two in Minn, SF, Arizona or Carolina be possible? Those are the only 4 teams I see even thinking about it either one of the two guys.

The Cards don't even have a real OC and is VY really all that different from Ben, if you're looking through Ken's eyes? Harbaugh's a QB coach at heart and they got no one at QB, and the whole team needs re-toolling. I think the Panthers just signed an OC but he can be renamed and shit can't he? He hasn't really ran a successful offense ever, and Rivera's a defensive guy. Minnesota should take what they can get on offense. Heimerdinger and Young might be a great fit there.

Of course they can both come to Indy if VY wants to learn how to block and catch, and we could use a guy that knows how to co-ordinate a run game. hell, Vinnie would learn a hell of a lot playing under Manning. If he's very patient he can wait for Peyt's retirement and become a starter again at 32 or 33 years old.

I have a feeling Dinger isn't a big fan of VY. Seemed like we never saw the playbook open up with VY as QB. But that could have been Fisher refusing to remove Young's chains.

I really hope Young ends up in Minnesota.

I can care less where Dinger ends up team wise. I just hope he continues making a healthy recovery from cancer.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »

I have a feeling Dinger isn't a big fan of VY. Seemed like we never saw the playbook open up with VY as QB. But that could have been Fisher refusing to remove Young's chains.

I really hope Young ends up in Minnesota.

I can care less where Dinger ends up team wise. I just hope he continues making a healthy recovery from cancer.

Honestly, Dinger or not, I really think Whisenhunt should bring him in. He's already building up the defense he needs by bringing in the Pit team, and there is nothing in Ben I can't see VY doing as well. They are very similar style QBs, and the Pit offensive playbook should work with VY just like it worked with Ben. That being said, Ben in Arizona last year wouldn't have meant shit. Maybe they might have gone 8-8 for the Division title, but NO would have eaten them up in the playoffs. They aren't a win in the playoffs team with Ben, unless they really beef up the defense, so they wouldn't be a win in the playoffs team with Young. But they could be if the defense gets better.

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
I would approve of Young in Arizona too. I just want to see the guy win and shut everyone up.

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »
I love the Jerry Gray hire as DC. Shallow, you're a Bills fan, what do you know about Jerry?

Chris Palmer named OC today. He's known to be a QB development coach. Over 20 years experience in the NFL as a HC, QB coach, OC, etc.  I'm on the fence about this guy. He coached in the UFL last year. It is a positive sign that he's been hired by Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin on two separate staffs. They obviously think highly of him. He's worked with some great QB's (Eli Manning in his super bowl MVP year) and some terrible ones (Couch & Carr).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »
I love the Jerry Gray hire as DC. Shallow, you're a Bills fan, what do you know about Jerry?

Chris Palmer named OC today. He's known to be a QB development coach. Over 20 years experience in the NFL as a HC, QB coach, OC, etc.  I'm on the fence about this guy. He coached in the UFL last year. It is a positive sign that he's been hired by Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin on two separate staffs. They obviously think highly of him. He's worked with some great QB's (Eli Manning in his super bowl MVP year) and some terrible ones (Couch & Carr).

I'm trying to remember what the D was like when Gray was DC. I was left very sour after the Flutie trade and gave up on my boys for a couple years out of disgust. He came with Williams I know that, but did he stay when Mularky came in. I remember almost making the playoffs in 04. Had we started well in that season and beaten the terrible 04 Raiders and the not so great Jags we would have squeezed in.

I do think our best defenses since Wade left were in the Jauron era. We just had zero offense. Losman really was a joke. I don't even think McDaniels, Wies, and Jesus combined could make him a winner. Mularky never had a chance.  He really fucked us up. We traded up to get him in the first round when the next QB picked late in the draft was Matt Schaub. But the really funny thing is what we traded up for. We traded our 2005 first round pick, which was guarantee to be high, and a few picks in the 04 draft, and because these idiots thought Losman was a prospect they avoided picking a QB at all for a couple years. Had they just stuck with whoever they could get and not traded the 1st round pick in 05 they would have drafted a QB with that pick. Do you know the highest available QB was in 2005 draft with the Bills #20 pick? Well that would have to be the #24 picked Aaron Rodgers.

What a fucking joke. It makes me mad thinking about it. Mularky would have turned Rodgers into Matt Ryan, like he did Matt Ryan, and Rodgers would have flourished even more than Matty, while our defense wasn't half bad to begin with.

Long story short; Gray is the closest thing to Greg Williams as DC as you're gonna get, so that's a good thing. The problem is unless my dreams come true you're going to have to play Peyton Manning twice. Not to mention a newly crowned by me playoff team Houston Texans with Wade on defense, twice.

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
^ I never worry about the Houston Texans until they (finally) prove me wrong lol. They are perrenial chokers.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
^ I never worry about the Houston Texans until they (finally) prove me wrong lol. They are perrenial chokers.

Chokers are expected to win but lose. Teams with no defense are never expected to win in my world. Wade Phillips is a rock solid on defense. I'm calling it now, barring major injuries, the Texans will be playing in January of 2012.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »

Chokers are expected to win but lose. Teams with no defense are never expected to win in my world. Wade Phillips is a rock solid on defense. I'm calling it now, barring major injuries, the Texans will be playing in January of 2012.
My point is everyone & there mama pointed to this past season to finally being the year th Texans would shine and make the playoffs.. And once again, it was more of the same.