Author Topic: Peyton will be the highest paid player in te NFL next year one way or another  (Read 137 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Stupid Colts franchised him and will guarantee him 23 mil next year unless they work out a deal. I wonder what the hold up is. It can't be money, and if it's number of years I don't get that either. You could always trade him to Oakland if he starts to show his age, and probably get a first round pick for him. Maybe Peyt's been listening to me and the hold up is what kind of team is he going to have around him in the next few years. It wouldn't even shock me if he wants to be involved in the drafting, trading, and free agent signing and have that be in the deal.

He plays against great defenses all the time, he has to know that he doesn't have one playing for him. He also knows that his o-line can't move the line. The 3-4 defense has won 5 of the last 8 SBs and Eric Mangini is just laying out there. Draft a nose tackle in round 1 and bring in the Mangenius to run that D. Then draft the best cover corner available in round 2. I'd say trade all the stars you have for high picks, but every other GM already knows stars with Manning and stars with is isn't the same thing. You probably couldn't even get a mid 2nd round pick for Wayne.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I'm pretty sure he's just going to rot away the rest of his career in Indy.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You and me both. But I can dream can't I. As long as they stay only a couple plays away from winning in those playoff losses this team will stay as is until Peyton leaves. I guess I hope for his sakes that those couple plays that beat them just don't happen and he gets another ring. If he stays franchised and Indy wins it next year in Indy and it's on the back of his arm, oh boy he could ask for 50% of the team in his contract and they might give it to him. If he only gets one more ring I really really hope it's on home turf.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

You and me both. But I can dream can't I. As long as they stay only a couple plays away from winning in those playoff losses this team will stay as is until Peyton leaves. I guess I hope for his sakes that those couple plays that beat them just don't happen and he gets another ring. If he stays franchised and Indy wins it next year in Indy and it's on the back of his arm, oh boy he could ask for 50% of the team in his contract and they might give it to him. If he only gets one more ring I really really hope it's on home turf.

I mean, they'll likely win the division & be back in the playoffs next year. So it's not out of the question for them to win.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I mean, they'll likely win the division & be back in the playoffs next year. So it's not out of the question for them to win.

I think that will depend on how well Wade can turn around the Texans defense. If he can turn them into a top 10 scoring D that can create turnovers, it'll be a potential 12-4/13-3 team. The Colts need to find their Reggie White; meaning they have to go out and get themselves and one last run defensive captain to come in and whip these guys into shape. Ray Lewis may be out of the question. Jim Leonhard could be the John Lynch this Tampa 2 defense needs though. I think Pozlusny is being wasted in the 3-4 in Buffalo and would be a perfect MLB in Indy. Pat Angerer maybe better suited for the Bills 3-4 anyway, a package deal could be created.

So if Indy can trade for Leonhard, then get an end of his career Brian Dawkins to split time with the other safeties, trade for Paul Poz to rotate with Brackett, draft a cover corner and get another CB from Buffalo, and draft a power full back (or they and pick up Danny Woodhead) they would be a force to reckon with. They'd also need a gritty tough as nails vet in the WR position, because Collie is getting hurt too often and Blair White is a little princess, and that can come cheap in the form of Julian Edelman.

Needles to say I could turn this team into a Superbowl winner, because that team goes 19-0 in 09. No way are all these things happening, but if even two of them happen they are in great shape to make a run. Woodhead alone would have made sure they beat the Jets in the playoffs, the Pats, the Cowboys, and the Eagles in the reg season. But they still most likely would have lost to Green Bay in the SB. Dude can't run as well as Addai but he can block better, catch better, fight for yards better, and on special teams tackle players for short gains. He would be the easiest sign. Because I garauntee whoever Indy gets in round 1 this year won't be as good for them as Danny Woodhead.