Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake  (Read 764 times)

V2DHeart

Re: Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 03:32:24 AM »
Nah, i cant help it.  In real life how u would come up with a 2pac vs. Gaga comparison is delusional and str8 dick riding.  And also, if ur aware of her antics then u would know duke is on some str8 ``im a fan of this artist, i really am and i have an example, but everything this artist makes is wack to me`` shit.  Duke is just a critic tryna get noticed in real life and tries so hard 2 derail/fade all of my good shit.  BUT ANYWAY, Drake`s core audience is women just like any other entertainer that gets on, yall do remember that women outnumber men right.  So if u get confused about Drake by his choice of singles and tha way he carrys himself at times then its undestandable, he really is just a new kind of rapper.  I picked Kendrick as of now becuz as of this second im caught up in that ``flavor of tha month`` aura, even tho i 1st heard his music back in 08/09.  I didnt wana pick J.Cole becuz tha fact remains he`s still a local and he`s yet to atleast gain my interest with anything, just becuz u signed with Jay Z doesnt make u interesting.  But as far as tha first few automatically choosing Kendrick just goes to show that this ``westcoast`` board really hasnt grown much, even tho honestly i have 2 damn near agree with u.  Right now tha only thing i see Drake has Kendrick beat in is tha fact Drake changed tha way rappers spit a little bit and he has Pop appeal which is good.   And no matter whut u wana say about Drake he made everybody have 2 step their game up and he brought producers to tha game that made other producers have 2 step their game up.  Other than that as of now (and im expecting and anticipating to hear more from Kendrick), they`re neck and neck with Drake just slightly ahead, even tho honestly that could change at any near moment with tha right amount of quality material consistantly being put out starting today.  U kinda have 2 ask urself has Kendrick already reached his potential, just like Bishop Lamont has or is he really really trilly about 2 spaz tha fuck out on us?

The reason this board hasn't grown much is that the majority respect authentic work. Most on here have the intelligence to understand whether or not music has been carefully assessed through quality control, or whether or not it's just been sh!t out to capitalize quickly on 'flavour of the month' trends... That's fine for pop fans, and investors, but a West coast forum want a talented artist who's reliable, and consistent in the level of his work where their hard earned money isn't wasted...

People aren't stupid and know some sacrifices have to be made in order to hit commercial success and stay on there for a little while, but when it's individuals with very little talent to begin with, people on these boards wont support it, because there's plenty of others with genuine 100% talent, and have provided years of good quality product to fans not getting their turn or opportunity to show what they can do at mainstream level regardless of whether or not their willing to modify their whole content, and image.

It has nothing to do with a 90's sound either, because artists or producers who are driven enough to adapt to adjust and tweak their work for a modern audience do just that, and still get love from the entire board. Neither Kendrick, nor Drake have the ability to contain an entire hardcore fan base for decades, and never will. Granted Kendrick can spit reasonably well, but his voice isn't to everybody's taste and he lacks star quality - Drake, exactly the same, both monotone rappers with no individuality or passion, and that's half the problem these days. There isn't a big enough market in the forefront to select a rapper for his uniqueness or personality. Game, and Kanye maybe, but no one young, no one new
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

MistaNova

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 03:39:04 AM »
Wierd combo, Kendrick V.S. J. Cole or Kendrick V.S. Freddie Gibbs would've been better.

I'll go with Drake.

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 03:59:25 AM »
But as far as tha first few automatically choosing Kendrick just goes to show that this ``westcoast`` board really hasnt grown much, even tho honestly i have 2 damn near agree with u. 

Besides that people actually explained why they like Kendrick better you don't think anything's strange about this statement like, say, you agree with Kendrick being better?

Oh, did you manage to sneak into your "grandmother's house" yet?

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
Nobody said WHY he is better, its just abuncha Drake is a pop star act disses, basically ignoring tha fact that Drake is actually lyrically talented and giving all of tha props 2 tha home team outta bias.  Like yall do know jealousy is a bitch emotion right.  I mean I fuck wit Kendrick kinda tuff now but where does he go, better yet how does he top ``vanity slave 2`` (and yes i know Kendrick has alott of other tough records too).  And i think its a pretty fair comparison in tha grand scheme of things, i just think tha truth about tha quality of Drake`s skills are too hard to over look.  Basically, all Ive seen is abuncha anti-successful rapper disses which is more common than not and ``i think Kendrick is better becuz he hasnt made it yet`` shit, in other words alot of statements with very little backbone 2 it.  But i fuck wit Kendrick tuff too so i understand it but sheep flock in high numbers.  We`ll have 2 see what direction Kendrick goes during and after this whole ``detox`` phase, it definitely should boost his game up.  Im not just gona hand Drake tha `w` like that but as far as i see it this moment he has a slight lead over Kendrick.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
Kendrick Lamar. To me lyrically hes better than drake and he can switch his flow up. Drake just bores me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why this is a comparison. Usually there has to be some similarities to make this work.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
Its radiotube tho he'll come up with some fucked up reason

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
Its radiotube tho he'll come up with some fucked up reason

Of course he will. There is a method behind all his madness.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 07:18:54 PM »
Kendrick and Drake are very similar, u dont know too much of anything if u cant c that.  If they were similar ver batim u`d find sum other reason 2 complain.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
Kendrick and Drake are very similar, u dont know too much of anything if u cant c that.  If they were similar ver batim u`d find sum other reason 2 complain.

LOL, alright. Show me one similarity in their music & I'll agree with you.

Different styles, different beat selections, different flows, different lyrical content, different everything.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 01:40:14 AM »
Actually dumb ass, everything u named is where they`re similar at but u wouldnt know becuz u`ve only heard a handful of Drake material.  Hope off tha west coast`s dick u fake ass new yorker.

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
Everything I've heard from Drake doesn't even register on my radar for good music.

First time I heard a Kendrick Lamar verse I was like 'Damn who is this?!'

Big big difference.

awol22222

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
Kendrick Lamar

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »
Actually dumb ass, everything u named is where they`re similar at but u wouldnt know becuz u`ve only heard a handful of Drake material.  Hope off tha west coast`s dick u fake ass new yorker.

I heard his first mixtape he dropped & his album. Am I missing something?

Post one song from Drake & one from Kendrick that are similar in any sense lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »

I heard his first mixtape he dropped & his album. Am I missing something?

Post one song from Drake & one from Kendrick that are similar in any sense lol.

nah i'm good, don't want to.  just listen and see for yourself