Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake  (Read 765 times)

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »
The way drake raps is annoying as fuck sometimes and minaj aswell that #hashtag style or whatever the fuck they call it. I think drake has some decent songs its just that hes way overrated

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Honestly speaking, I don't see the purpose.

this wasn't a "chamillitaryclick explains it all" type of thread

It wasn't any type of thread besides a "Look at me, I like to say things for shock reaction" thread.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Smh Spam, when will u realize that i just dont like u... On subject:  does anybody here even fuck wit Young Money.  Becuz its pointless 2 debate with this much hatin floating around, its kinda useless 2 even bring em up. 

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
lol when i try to sum up drakes lyrical prowess in the game all i can come up with is:

something something something, come n find me.....Nemo."

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Smh Spam, when will u realize that i just dont like u... On subject:  does anybody here even fuck wit Young Money.  Becuz its pointless 2 debate with this much hatin floating around, its kinda useless 2 even bring em up. 

I hate 2c u 2 suffer like this. You and cham need to kiss and make up

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »

LOL. More like "Its kinda pointless 2 even bring em up".

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »

LOL. More like "Its kinda pointless 2 even bring em up".

Yea Mack Maine is cool and Lil Wayne is hit or miss for me

I just don't like Drake all that much (Fm what ive heard)

Punchline rapping mixed with autotune just doesn't appeal to me (not exactly groundbreaking stuff), and doesn't have the same staying power for me as other types of rap
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 10:35:28 PM »

no one's been hating in this thread, you asked a question, so people answered it, and gave reasons for their answer

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:52 PM »
^^^ not at 1st.  i could tell it was about to go downhill so that's why i pointed shit out.  look, honestly, i really don't care and i would love to discuss it but if none of y'all are hip about Drake then it's just a waste of time and an irrelevant conversation.  i'm hip 2 Kendrick Lamar aka K.Dot but I know who is who and what is what. 

:spam: millitary click smh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »
^Clown. I listen to more Drake then you do, hence why I know there are no comparisons between the two. Hence, why I asked to hear these similarities. Hence, why you didn't come up with a single one. Because there aren't any.

You're talking apples & oranges here. They're both fruit (rappers) that's about it.

Will_B

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 04:26:19 AM »
^^^ not at 1st.  i could tell it was about to go downhill so that's why i pointed shit out.  look, honestly, i really don't care and i would love to discuss it but if none of y'all are hip about Drake then it's just a waste of time and an irrelevant conversation.  i'm hip 2 Kendrick Lamar aka K.Dot but I know who is who and what is what.

I ain't hatin, but you're saying you need to discuss this with someone who's already a Drake fan in order to sell them fact Drake is good? ???

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 04:58:46 AM »
y'all don't act like fans to me.  and last, if you haven't comprehended my words correctly, I said I'm a fan of both Kendrick and Drake and think both are talented, it's just now Drake has the upper edge (and u have 2 respect that).  tha same thing y'all said about Bishop Lamont and every other rapper from the West Coast that was supposed to be hot is tha same thing y'all are saying about Kendrick now, but 3 years from now y'all will be shitting on Kendrick calling him wack compared to his older shit and he's a sellout becuz he makes music for all of his fans instead of just 1 demographic and all of that other blah blah shit y'all be talkin.

Wow, u disagree'd with me, great, but fact is both Kendrick and Drake got more money than all of us combined (even if Kendrick is broke for a right now semi-famous rapper).  If he blows up then he blows up (i pray that man does) but if not it doesn't matter.  He's already done things that we all wish we could do now (which is part reason why all of us are here and on other Hip Hop sites in tha 1st place).  I think tha homie is great for an MC, but he has to keep getting better at it and keep on coming with tighter and tighter shit if he's gonna do somethin', otherwise he'll end up like how Nipsey Hu$$le is lookin at this moment (not that I'm countin Nip out right now or anything). 

If u wanna keep tha debate going then let's keep it movin' but if ur just gonna call Drake wack and say all of that other cliche' bullshit then I'm wasting my time.  There's no way in hell Drake is wack, even his soft-wack shit isn't all that terrible.  And for the record, Drake's music is "grown man music" and if u wanna fade that then you're fading yourself.  When I'm with tha bitches best believe I'm putting on some Drake, I don't think I could do that with Kendrick's music (and right now my friend my life is all about money, money, money, women, hoes, and weed). 

So like i said, if u wanna talk skills then Drake has Kendrick beat in:

1 - Popularity
2 - Lyrical ability (even tho both can blow alotta these niggaz outta tha water)
3 - Impact on tha game
4 - Longevity (tho I could see Kendrick definitely being around for a minute)
5 - Diversity
6 - shit niggaz are gonna do after they Rap in their youth

I think some of y'all got tha impression that I'm trying to fade Kendrick and that's definitely not tha motivation here.  I like Kendrick but let's keep shit 100...  In real life Drake says shit that touches your soul (no homo), Kendrick just says shit that's hot.  The way Drake does it separates him from any other rapper who Raps about real life.

*and Spamillitary, please don't ever use tha word "hence" like that again, u sound like u half a stick stuck up your ass*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/YJSoaNu0baA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/YJSoaNu0baA</a>

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 05:55:47 AM »
Dude first I personally don't come here because I wanna be a rapper or someshit like that. I just like dope music. Not all music is dope, and neither is all rap dope because I like some of it. I discriminate. I listen to what I like and especially rappers who can make a dope album, not just features or a radio song.

Second. Drake don't make grown man music of any kind. He's a youngster. He's a radio dude and props to him for making top of your list on popularity. Truthfully. But that's it. I could ask all my friends who Drake is, and probably at least half would know the dude. Probably most of the girls. So he's a hit. Name, exposure, radio play, sales the lot. I'm not discounting that at all. In any way shape or form.

Now Kendrick doesn't make grown man shit either. But! He makes lyrics with intelligence. He puts knowledge, word play, sociology, black politics and personal feelings, and his own style into his raps. Not industry style. Not What he needs to do to make Drake $$$. Just a young dude pushing to make a name in Hiphop. However if I ask my friends if they heard of Kendrick - probably 1 or 2 tops *may* heave. And I'd be stunned if it's any more than that. I hope he carries on his path and drops a dope album (which I'll support).

So on your list:

1 - Popularity
2 - Lyrical ability (even tho both can blow alotta these niggaz outta tha water)
3 - Impact on tha game
4 - Longevity (tho I could see Kendrick definitely being around for a minute)
5 - Diversity
6 - shit niggaz are gonna do after they Rap in their youth

1. Yes. Without doubt in the mainstream.
2 No.
3. on 'the game' as a whole, you can't call it. so 50/50 for what I've been talking bout above.
4 I think Drake will come and go like 99% of idustry Cats. I imagine I'll be listening for Kendrick for future years beyond Drake.
5. Kendrick wins 100%
6 Well that's interesting. Drake will prolly go into movies, get a video game...so who knows!

V2DHeart

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
^Clown. I listen to more Drake then you do, hence why I know there are no comparisons between the two. Hence, why I asked to hear these similarities. Hence, why you didn't come up with a single one. Because there aren't any.

You're talking apples & oranges here. They're both fruit (rappers) that's about it.

lol. That pretty much sums it up
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »
Radiotube, I did not once knock Drake in this thread. Although I'd rather listen to Kendrick, all I was saying is that there aren't any similarities between the two.