Author Topic: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor  (Read 6338 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2011, 04:24:25 PM »
Well, there's popular music (popular shortened to pop) and then there's pop music (poppy shortened to pop).

What's the difference?  Are they both the same?

There is a difference.  Not all popular music is poppy.  Most poppy music tends to be more popular (among a certain age range).  

Poppy music is usually distinguished by a certain sound - note choices and arrangements.  

That's my biggest issue with this song.  It's not the drums.  If it were just the drums and them rapping, it would be doper.  

It's the notes from the piano and the way the chorus is sung, particular "to bring me back to LIIIIIIIIIIIFE"  It's that annoying "heart beat" sound during the verses.  This is poppy hip-hop.

Plus, Dre doesn't sound good on this.

It also doens't help that this comes after a slew of similar sounding tracks.

If this was the first one, my ears would definitely be more receptive to it. 

ACtion, That is eaxctly my point. Thanks for elaborating. I knew people would understand what I was trying to say. Its pretty fucken obvious. This NEW DRE shit is POPPY as fuck.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
Well, there's popular music (popular shortened to pop) and then there's pop music (poppy shortened to pop).

What's the difference?  Are they both the same?

There is a difference.  Not all popular music is poppy.  Most poppy music tends to be more popular (among a certain age range).  

Poppy music is usually distinguished by a certain sound - note choices and arrangements.  

That's my biggest issue with this song.  It's not the drums.  If it were just the drums and them rapping, it would be doper.  

It's the notes from the piano and the way the chorus is sung, particular "to bring me back to LIIIIIIIIIIIFE"  It's that annoying "heart beat" sound during the verses.  This is poppy hip-hop.

Plus, Dre doesn't sound good on this.

It also doens't help that this comes after a slew of similar sounding tracks.

If this was the first one, my ears would definitely be more receptive to it. 

Like most people, I like the concept and lyrics but cant stand that fucken beat. That sound is just not right. Dre sounds waay the fuck off. He sounds out of place and awkward. This doesn't fit him at all. I still don't know how the fuck this beat made it on DETOX. Fuck Jimmy I
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
Dre redeemed himself with that ending

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
welcome to february she blue...were you in weed rehab again now ur catching up on all the gangsta rap you missed out on?  :D