Author Topic: DJ Quik airing out AMG  (Read 1075 times)

Elàno - banned

• 'G'
Re: DJ Quik airing out AMG
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
Hey, friends and business will always result in problems. I've had issues with my boys just working nine-to-fives when we were younger so I can imagine what it would be like when there's million-dollar deals on the table.

million dollars deals for quik and amg ? i doubt it...

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »
Hey, friends and business will always result in problems. I've had issues with my boys just working nine-to-fives when we were younger so I can imagine what it would be like when there's million-dollar deals on the table.

Apart from this Nate thing, I still find it silly and childish to diss people over twitter. And I say this as a person who likes his music.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »
Quik is, and always has been, an emotional roller coaster. No doubt, he is one of the best on the coast.However, if I was his PR rep, I would tell him to chill the fuck out on the public rants. It never benefits his career. If anything, it gets him in more shit. First it was Hi-C. Then it was 2nd II None. Now AMG?

Remember when he first started hating the shit outta Suga Free and then dropped "Nobody" like it was the ultimate duo comeback? As fans we were stoked. Guess what happened a few months later @ the Key Club.... full on disses thrown at Suga Free. It will be interesting to see if that track sees the light of day on "The Book of David".

Anyway, at the end of the day it's all just music. Still, this is probably one of the main reasons why Quik has never achieved the commercial level which he should have achieved. Regardless, I love the dude and his music lol. That's Quik.....

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Elàno - banned

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 03:25:29 AM »
Still, this is probably one of the main reasons why Quik has never achieved the commercial level which he should have achieved.

his beefs with suga free 2nd II none hi-c and amg has nothing to do with it

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 04:20:57 AM »
I believe it absolutely does. Having a solid family of artists with a strong leader only helps to better the group and the leader. Look at past groups for examples. Scarface with the Geto Boys. Ice Cube with Westside Connection. Snoop and the Dogg Pound. The list goes on. Promoting and surrounding yourself with artists that you consistently promote and support over the course of many years has proven to benefit an artists career. I think Quik was on the verge of this in the early 2000's. If he had been able to keep Suga Free, Hi-C, 2nd II None, El Debarge, AMG and Playa Hamm together as a close nit group, it is unimaginable what limits he could have reached commercially. With that much talent on a roster on a consistent basis, who knows where things could have been for Quik....

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Elkoizm

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 05:30:15 AM »
^^ And maybe we could've gotten a Konnectid Project II!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 06:54:01 AM »

Apart from this Nate thing, I still find it silly and childish to diss people over twitter. And I say this as a person who likes his music.
not to mention that he'll probably kiss amg's ass in a few months again

dnjp4life

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
i swear yall some idiots.how is quik makeing his self look stupid by tweeting whats on his mind.it sno diffrent then whn a dude make a diss record.amg always been garbage.i wish the fixxers was suga free & dj quik instead

He's making himself look stupid because he's acting like some hormonal teenage girl.  Nobody else cares that he's fallen out with AMG - he should just keep these things to himself.

NoobCake

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »
Quik is laaaame.  Can't rap, can't produce, can't beef, looks like a crack addict, beats his sister, gang member, drug user.

MarshColin

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
i swear yall some idiots.how is quik makeing his self look stupid by tweeting whats on his mind.it sno diffrent then whn a dude make a diss record.amg always been garbage.i wish the fixxers was suga free & dj quik instead

He's making himself look stupid because he's acting like some hormonal teenage girl.  Nobody else cares that he's fallen out with AMG - he should just keep these things to himself.

For real. And he's done this same song and dance like ten times already in his career with AMG and it really gets old. If you're just going to be fighting like a month after squashing shit then that's a sign they need to just go their separate ways. The fans don't care about this shit. Quik been doing it since 95 with AMG. Check out "Get At Me" on Safe & Sound, somebody quoted it earlier in this thread. I'm one of the biggest Quik fans out there but as a person I just don't understand him. I'd even go as far as saying he might be bi-polar.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »
Quik just makes himself look plain stupid saying these sort of things.

it was one thing when it was on songs from the CLASSIC Safe and Sound

its another when its lame twitter messages
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »
Quik is one of my fav artists, but Nate Dogg has just passed away and this moron spends his time bullshiting on twitter.

i'm sure that quik will be @ nate's funeral, how he spends his time is not your fucking business.

+1
nobody outside the internet gives a fuck what quik and amg got goin..

could careless...

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
At least AMG isn't the one airing shit out via Twitter