Author Topic: Funk Music  (Read 1454 times)

Matty

Re: Funk Music
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »
80's clap funk is my lane...and the real stanky/outrageous stuff from before then. stuff with a slamming, infectious groove. parliament is dope for sure. mainly groups like Cameo, The Bar-Kays, Mtume. there's this lesser known group called Shock that are really dope. i noticed some Dayton in that rar, Hot Fun is a sick LP :bandit:

put together a little funk compilation myself if anyone is interested. 19 tracks - sequenced, no filler, pure jammin' records front to back. high volume advised :bandit:

Matty's Bag Of Funk Vol. 1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MAYF12RZ

thats the shit i was raised on...i love p funk though honestly i never even broke it down to the extent that yall are i didnt know it spread into so many diff genres, im gonna spark up tonight and do a musical study of my own later.

imma dl that compilation thx.

dope, thanks. it's on the 80s electronic clap funk vibe than traditional p-funk, but some slamming grooves! seems to be a strong correlation between having weed in the house and going hard on the funk music :bandit:

and yeah the not available thing is megaupload...think it happens when a file is being downloaded more than once or something.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
80's clap funk is my lane...and the real stanky/outrageous stuff from before then. stuff with a slamming, infectious groove. parliament is dope for sure. mainly groups like Cameo, The Bar-Kays, Mtume. there's this lesser known group called Shock that are really dope. i noticed some Dayton in that rar, Hot Fun is a sick LP :bandit:

put together a little funk compilation myself if anyone is interested. 19 tracks - sequenced, no filler, pure jammin' records front to back. high volume advised :bandit:

That first song , Number One insturmental, is dopeness. In fact everything is good. Props for that upload!!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
im sparkin to this mix right now...there are songs on here i havent heard since i used to raid my mamas record collection litterally a decade or so ago...she loved some evelyn champaign king.

nice.

Elkoizm

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »

Cheah.
Downloading now. Thanks homie.  8)

So far the first compilation is so fucking boss.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »

Cheah.

Re-up please :)

Matty

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »

Cheah.

Re-up please :)

my one is up...just have to retry if it says not available, megaupload issue...

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »
Bootsy always been my favorite in this genre. He brings the funk, but also that smooth shit.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
Bootsy always been my favorite in this genre. He brings the funk, but also that smooth shit.

no fuckin doubt.

bootsy breaks that shit down...

Matty

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
bootsy's 90's-current releases are amazing too...crisp modern production with whole funk vibe. 'play with bootsy' is one of the best sounding funk-pop records ever, the bass is just bananas :banana_trippin:

Matty

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »
Matty's Bag Of Funk Vol. 2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWLB15SN

more of the same here. 20 tracks of slamming grooves, stanky and electonic vibes. got another couple of selections lined up - one classic funk with less 80s influence and the other all-out 80s sounds.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:07:12 PM by Matty »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
fuck yes...the link is unavailable at the moment but im gon cop this for sure.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
whats funk without james brown?

wouldnt have pfunk without him

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »

Yeah. I prefer the classic funk that derivated and mixed with Soul.

Matty

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »

Yeah. I prefer the classic funk that derivated and mixed with Soul.

got a great selection coming up which is much more old school funk, disco-soul influenced, than the 80s stuff 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
i want that one too. 8)