Author Topic: RIP Nate Dogg  (Read 6985 times)

Allgold

Re: RIP Nate Dogg
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
A huge blow to west coast (and everywhere else for that matter) rap. I've been listening to tracks with Nate Dogg for the last few days. It's kind of surprising when you sit back and look at the legacy he left. He's featured on a lot of iconic songs. I'm glad that I actually got to see Nate perform at the Up in Smoke Tour.

Could someone point me in the direction of where I could find the song "You Make My High Come Down" with Nate & Chico & Coolwadda? It's not on any of the tribute cds that have come out recently, and I have it on a mix cd, but it's been merged as one track on my iPod and I have to ff 45 min in to hear it. Thanks.

Long live the legacy of Nate Dogg, RIP. He may be gone, but nothing can erase the music he left behind.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:14 PM »

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
R.I.P. nate dogg , when i hear his music it takes me back to alotta memories over the years. Alotta good times pumpin nate dogg through the speakers.. It's fkn disheartening to even think about it. holddddd uppppp waiiiittt for all ma niggaz thinkin we softtt .. r.i.p. god rest his soul

Big BpG

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2011, 02:34:21 AM »
This hurts me more than I ever thought it would. To be honest, I haven't cared about Westcoast Hip Hop in years. I moved on. I new Nate was sick, but I didn't know to what level. Then last week, I heard the news. I instantly stopped. Nate? Dead? Really? I thought about it, then I pulled out "G Funk Classics" and it hit me... I realized I'd never hear a new song from him. Then emotions hit me. My eyes watered. I felt terrible. Listening to his music brought back so many memories. Suddenly I realized how much his music had on my life. I don't have the right words, but all I know is Nate's music means a lot to me, more than the average listener. His music was the soundtrack for so many years of my life.  I'll miss his voice, but I'll have his songs to keep his memory alive. I had the chance to see him perform a couple times. No one did it better. I mean that. Nate Dogg. I will miss you, a lot. Your music lives on.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2011, 06:07:43 AM »
This hurts me more than I ever thought it would. To be honest, I haven't cared about Westcoast Hip Hop in years. I moved on. I new Nate was sick, but I didn't know to what level. Then last week, I heard the news. I instantly stopped. Nate? Dead? Really? I thought about it, then I pulled out "G Funk Classics" and it hit me... I realized I'd never hear a new song from him. Then emotions hit me. My eyes watered. I felt terrible. Listening to his music brought back so many memories. Suddenly I realized how much his music had on my life. I don't have the right words, but all I know is Nate's music means a lot to me, more than the average listener. His music was the soundtrack for so many years of my life.  I'll miss his voice, but I'll have his songs to keep his memory alive. I had the chance to see him perform a couple times. No one did it better. I mean that. Nate Dogg. I will miss you, a lot. Your music lives on.

-Big BpG

Very well said. I agree with you on a lot of points in there +1

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
Nate Dogg's Death Was 'A Crushing Blow,' Warren G Says

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660346/warren-g-nate-dogg-sxsw.jhtml

Kurupt clearly emotional in the video.

RIP Nate Dogg

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
The VIBE House x SXSW 2011: Warren G & Kurupt

UNCEEN

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2011, 01:52:13 AM »
Gonna wear this shirt to the Ice Cube concert i'm going too...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 03:52:45 AM »
Nate Dogg's Death Was 'A Crushing Blow,' Warren G Says

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660346/warren-g-nate-dogg-sxsw.jhtml

Kurupt clearly emotional in the video.

RIP Nate Dogg
lol MTV still thinks that this picture is nate:

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
999 posts, the next one is for you, homie.

I haven't posted in this forum for a long time. I really didn't want to do it in such a tragic circumstance, but i had to do it. I'm still in shock. Can't say much more, i'm in tears. I wanted to share my feelings with some of the homies from back in the days.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:23:12 AM by Antonio »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
RIP

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
RIP Big Nate.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
Nate Dogg Tribute @ SXSW 2011

Texas giving it up for Nate... then they switch it up to Pimp C

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
R.I.P.

:-[

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
I know it ain't really something but I just wanted to share with you!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

213 page views for the Nate tribute post on my blog. west west y'all, rest in peace Nate Dogg, king of the hooks!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill