Author Topic: Dubcnn: Remembering Nate Dogg #2: Battlecat Speaks  (Read 562 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Dubcnn: Remembering Nate Dogg #2: Battlecat Speaks
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

First of all, let me once again say Rest In Peace to the one and only Nate Dogg again. Yesterday, dubcnn brought you the first part of our new "Remembering Nate Dogg" series, throughout which we will be talking to artists that were close to or had the opportunity to work with Nate Dogg throughout their career.

E-40 started it off yesterday, and today we bring you the thoughts of DJ Battlecat, one of Nate Dogg's more frequent producers, with whom he produced many classic records, one of which we featured yesterday, "Nah Nah", featuring E-40 and Nate Dogg. Battlecat tells us about first meeting Nate Dogg and what Nate meant to the world of music:

Battlecat: "Nate Dogg was destined to be a huge part of something that we didn't even see coming. How passionate he chose to be and his dreams… I didn't see that far. I know he merged with greats, with Dre and Dre's brother Warren G. But I had no idea that his journey would go as far and that his passion would be that strong to put out such a body of work. For me to actually work with him was definitely a honor.

The professional impact that he had in his presence, it was overwhelming. It was an opportunity to see him in action, to see his craft and his way of thinking as a human being as well as an artist. And it was surprising all the time because you never know what's gonna come out his mouth or what he had seen to be blessed with such great talent.

I would like to pick a favorite collaboration I did with him, but I can't really pick one out of all, so I've got to say from day one up to his last appearance on a record, they were all dear to me. His whole composition was dear to me. Nate Dogg was a favorite, period. Just to pick one would be impossible, because it goes back to what I was saying about him being so unpredictable and diverse with his gift.

It's too many to name, but I was so grateful to have an opportunity to have him over my music, because I was a fan and I had a friend who was a close member of his crew at one time, which was Domino. So the first time I heard about Nate Dogg before I met him was through Domino. So my first impression of West Coast music on a mainstream level was a Long Beach artist. My relationship with Nate Dogg runs deep, from '93 to now. I love you and respect you Nate Dogg. R.I.P. DJ Battlecat."

We will be compiling these articles on the official "Remembering Nate Dogg" page on dubcnn, where we will be compiling all related Nate Dogg media. Feel free to share the link and check back with us tomorrow to hear from Kokane.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dubcnn: Remembering Nate Dogg #2: Battlecat Speaks
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
Cool.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:25 PM »
thx battlecat! thx dubcnn! RIP Big Nate

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Thanks again Dubcc for this.

Cant wait for the next one.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »

kemizt