Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9273 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2011, 04:01:29 AM »
^ I been postin here for almost 10 years (holy shit that's crazy how much time has passed) and I can honestly say this song is sick as fuck to me. I have no problem with artist doing something different as long as its dope. The beat is energetic, dre has swag in his flow and he spit that shit flawlessly. Just sucks that he probably won't finish the track now that its leaked. All it needed was another verse or 2, pulled the fake nate dogg, and added nikki grier's hook following the verses and you got a song I'd play often

I remember knocturnal has a "gangsta techo" (his phrase, not mine) song called "come all you" that not many people liked but it was one of my favorite knoc songs
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

David Gutterman

« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2011, 04:06:00 AM »
^ I been postin here for almost 10 years (holy shit that's crazy how much time has passed) and I can honestly say this song is sick as fuck to me. I have no problem with artist doing something different as long as its dope. The beat is energetic, dre has swag in his flow and he spit that shit flawlessly. Just sucks that he probably won't finish the track now that its leaked. All it needed was another verse or 2, pulled the fake nate dogg, and added nikki grier's hook following the verses and you got a song I'd play often

I remember knocturnal has a "gangsta techo" (his phrase, not mine) song called "come all you" that not many people liked but it was one of my favorite knoc songs

Never Heard of it, do you still got it, can you hook me up?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »
that's YOU and a handful of other people... that's not tha rest of tha world.

dr. dre is making music that nobody wants to hear from him (truthfully)... i mean son, i don't wanna hear no muthafuckin' Techo Ass Dr. Dre songs, really i don't and i don't think (matter of fact I KNOW) most people don't either.  If Dre goes that route "Detox" will be tha talk of tha town 4 a month and after that there's no more except for DubCC and AHH (that's just what it's become)... it'll be a hit for a quick minute online and then POOF, he'll be just like any other artist out there becuz tha songs he's making sound like a song any other artist would make.  it's good that you're optimism is still strong but homie u must not get out much if your still holdin' your breath and have high expectations of Dr. Dre

like some1 said "it's already worse than The Chronic and 2001 becuz it has 3 bad songs on it already" and nevermind that these are the singles... what about tha rest of tha album.  I think u need 2 crawl out whose'ever asshole ur in (no disrespect).  homie i'm tired of talking about "Detox" and Dr. Dre and I can name anything Dr. Dre's has ever touched released or unreleased, music or something else and still know to this day but it's old, it's like chasing the same girl you did in highschool that you couldn't fuck then when y'all meet 15 years after graduation (let alone 5 years).

in real life people truely ARE pissed at Dr. Dre, EVERYBODY (including you, don't lie 4 tha sake of words)... from what i see can see ("real recognize real") if you're still defending Dr. Dre today then you're just kissing his ass straight up and there's no way around that (not 1).  EVERYBODY ELSE in Hip Hop (be it KRS1, Melle Mel, u name him/her) has done something in tha past decade on some solo shit but Dr. Dre hasn't (seems kinda suspect if u ask me,,, like what was really goin on all those years?)  

like i said when dr.dre starts cranking out meth like them BrickSquad niggaz have been doin (or name ur favorite artist if u feel some way about it) then i'll reserve and refrain from expressing my opinion but until then until we get that REAL GANGSTA SHIT from Dr. Dre (the creator of it; pretty much) then nah son, he doesn't get a pass especially for keeping us waiting so long.  I mean if he would've 1st announced "Detox" in like 08' or 09' or some shit like that then okay, fine, tha delays would've been accepted and well warranted but this is real life and he didn't so we ALL have 2 take it 4 what it iz and it'z not lookin good at all.  

these bamaz on DubCC and AHH might keep u hyped about "Detox" but in real life tha rest of tha world could care less (ask somebody wats more important... Rent Money or "Detox",,,, matter of fact "Weed Money" or "Detox" lol, tha proof is in tha pudding).  i used to care and feel just as adimate about "Detox" as u have been; note tha quote about me making fake tracklists but i have a life homie just like everybody else does (most people anyway) and dude's not pulling no more capers on my brain, i like how i think.  

people saying that they like all of these leaks (like "My Prescription") are only feeling it becuz it's Dr. Dre, let it be The New Boyz or some shit then we would've forgotten all about this song by now.  u ask me if Dre is going that Euro Pop route then he needs 2 just start backing up newer artists who do this type of music or who are in this space and common knowledge will tell u it's not Dr. Dre lol.

and before u get me all fucked up in a raggidy... i'm not gonna sit here ALL DAY (like y'all still do) and talk about Dr. Dre, Detox, or The Ruthless Family Tree all day... it's tired, it's just as tired as the Backwards Jerseys the St. Lunatics used to rock back in tha day (seriously).  there's no point in "discussing" and "debating" [notice i used quotation marks] the music of some guy who doesn't release music, it's redundant.  if y'all wanna talk about his headphones then fine, if u wanna talk about his influence and how he influenced people then be my guest, talk about how he literally changed the world (atleast the Western Hemosphere) 4 all i care but don't sit here and talk about something that isn't about some guy who's not #feelme... ask Daz, WarrenG, Scott Storch, Mel Man, Sam Sneed, Glove, Mark Batson, and all them other niggaz who Dr. Dre really iz...

My fault (1 last part):  Dr. Dre has been around tha SAME group of Producers/Musicians for LITERALLY over a decade now and all of the time u see them listed as playing instruments and co-producing.  Now think about this, if ur in a room with tha same people everyday making the same sound of music everyday for a decade and knowing that Dre doesn't really do anything but lend an ear or maybe play something here and there then I ask you "what is he really doing"... i mean u'd figure after 10 years of working with tha same people everyday and you're tha coach and you're giving them directions day in and day out... i mean don't u think they already would know what to do and how to do it WITHOUT Dr. Dre?  Dude just probably gives the "okay" on tracks nowadays, i don't really think Dre is in the studio day in and day out grinding with these producers and musicians (i can't see it and if you have any sort of independence/tiger blood in you then you know what i mean).  As long as they're paid i'm sure they can keep their lips sealed (as would I).

"Dr. Dre" is a business, Andre Young knows what he's doing and got hip a VERY LONG TIME AGO what happens when he attaches his name to something... don't be a sheep homie!

Dre needs a few more instrumentals that hit hard like "Cocaine Runners"... will he do it, by tha looks of it probably not, should he... hell yeah (in his voice).  

And honestly, why is Dr. Dre concerned about selling records and crossing over he should just worry about maintaining at this point.  Dudes been on tha Forbes list for like 10 years straight now, why does he need 2 sell records, what harm could come if he only sold 20K... he's Dr. Dre and like he said "i haven't spent my own money since Eminem dropped..." i mean what why even go against tha grain like that... who is he going/trying to please (seriously)... the youngin's aren't gonna eat his records up just becuz he's Dr. Dre and he did a dance record and neither are the Euros like yourself so stop acting like if u say tha truth about Dr. Dre/Detox on a website that tha world is gonna come 2 an end and Dre is gonna scrap tha project lol.

Last, I see old niggaz (40+,50+,60+) who are EITHER rich, poor, and in tha middle who smoke hella weed and get drunk and fuck young hoes daily (not tha super poor niggaz anyway unless they trickin)... there'd be absolutely nothing wrong with a 40something year old legend talking about tha good life on his records... that misconception doesn't hold much weight in tha real world (and it's Dr. Dre at that)

Dr. Dre and his "legend" are old... tha youngin's are gonna grow up NOT 2 respect this guy, u think i'm playin', wait about 5/6 more years and they'll be saying "oh, Eminem's producer, yeah he's ok".  There's alotta voids (important voids) in Dre's career this past decade (not to put fear in anybody's heart becuz as a fan i know how it iz) and i know he was protecting his aura but it's time 2 "put up or shut up", tha world's not gonna miss him when he's gone after about tha 1st 6 months after he's gone (#just sayin)... i mean what do we have besides a few Eminem and 50 Cents beats and some headphones ?? ?? ??

i'm done, u figure it out now

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/au8Bm6tEj3w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/au8Bm6tEj3w</a>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:36:46 AM by Arthur (me) >>>> Sucker (you) »

Invincible

« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
^^^

Do you think anyone is actually gonna read all that? No-one gives a shit about your opinion as it is and then you go and write a 13 paragraph message.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
^^^
Do you think anyone is actually gonna read all that?

WALL. OF. TEXT

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
^^^

Do you think anyone is actually gonna read all that? No-one gives a shit about your opinion as it is and then you go and write a 13 paragraph message.

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2011, 12:36:55 AM »
^^^

actually yeah... and matter of fact why wouldn't I... you guyz r 14 pages deep (a couple thousand views in)... so yes I KNOW FOR A FACT that most of you will read it (if not all of it then most of it).  it's tha truth and tha truth hurts, that's why everytime it's brought up people like y'all get on defense mode (you aren't fooling anybody, we know who you are)

but bringing it back:

"Dr. Dre" isn't Andre Young soley, "Dr. Dre" is a brand that consist of multiple people at a time that are writers, musicians, and producers, which is why "Kush", "Under Pressure", and "I Need A Doctor", and let's not forget to mention ALL of those fuckin' leaks are neither written or produced by "Dr. Dre" himself.  And yeah I know he's an engineer but it's really not that tough/thoro/complex of a job in most cases (just make sure shit sounds right and it's all good from there and u really don't even have 2 do much in most cases).  That's why in most cases 9.6/10 times Dre hardly ever touches a track but u always notice he gets the credit, Andre Young is simply the "face" of "Dr. Dre" [wild shit i know, is it true... u tell me, just get tha facts first, that many people can't all be lying or halfway telling the truth... the streets are shady but they just don't lie like that]...

Another note 2 leave y'all with (i'll leave the Aftermath/Interscope dick sucking to y'all):
"Detox" should 1st be released as an EP that way Dre can still keep the "it's not finished yet" fresh and at tha same time give us what we want... and when the LP comes out just add tha EP to it and it's a done deal [that's if Dre wants to play it smart]... but hey look at me i'm talking about Dr. Dre again, same story, same ideas (ideas that i should be putting to use myself foreal foreal), and same ol' dialog, it's tiring, obsessive, and gay... it's lame, a waste of air, and boring.

:'( = Dr. Dre fans when they find out you're not on tha same page as them

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:38:44 AM by Arthur (me) >>>> Sucker (you) »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #307 on: April 20, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
Oh yeah:

Don't forget that "Detox" was supposed to released today (again).  So why y'all are sitting there thinking of ways of trying to "hold on to tha dream" and praising and worshipping this nigga (who didn't live his raps or even write em) don't forget that this nigga is lying to you and using your loyalty to make his pockets fatter by way of nostalgia and emotion (you're a die hard, you have some sort've feelings about it all).

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:49:12 AM by Arthur (me) >>>> Sucker (you) »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2011, 04:01:20 AM »
I dig this track. 

I always catch wifey singing Sly's parts.
did you slap her for that?  :laugh:

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »
this duke stanning butt hurt by no detox
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:29 AM »
^^^

actually yeah... and matter of fact why wouldn't I... you guyz r 14 pages deep (a couple thousand views in)... so yes I KNOW FOR A FACT that most of you will read it (if not all of it then most of it).  it's tha truth and tha truth hurts, that's why everytime it's brought up people like y'all get on defense mode (you aren't fooling anybody, we know who you are)

but bringing it back:

"Dr. Dre" isn't Andre Young soley, "Dr. Dre" is a brand that consist of multiple people at a time that are writers, musicians, and producers, which is why "Kush", "Under Pressure", and "I Need A Doctor", and let's not forget to mention ALL of those fuckin' leaks are neither written or produced by "Dr. Dre" himself.  And yeah I know he's an engineer but it's really not that tough/thoro/complex of a job in most cases (just make sure shit sounds right and it's all good from there and u really don't even have 2 do much in most cases).  That's why in most cases 9.6/10 times Dre hardly ever touches a track but u always notice he gets the credit, Andre Young is simply the "face" of "Dr. Dre" [wild shit i know, is it true... u tell me, just get tha facts first, that many people can't all be lying or halfway telling the truth... the streets are shady but they just don't lie like that]...

Another note 2 leave y'all with (i'll leave the Aftermath/Interscope dick sucking to y'all):
"Detox" should 1st be released as an EP that way Dre can still keep the "it's not finished yet" fresh and at tha same time give us what we want... and when the LP comes out just add tha EP to it and it's a done deal [that's if Dre wants to play it smart]... but hey look at me i'm talking about Dr. Dre again, same story, same ideas (ideas that i should be putting to use myself foreal foreal), and same ol' dialog, it's tiring, obsessive, and gay... it's lame, a waste of air, and boring.

:'( = Dr. Dre fans when they find out you're not on tha same page as them

Where is that truth that you were talkin bout? So far i can only see a theory. Crazy theory for a fact.

Behind all the discusion, Im very curious, where did people see that 'Detox' is droppin on 4/20? I can only remember the video where Dre (?) shouts "4/20!" and somethin meaningless. There havent been said that its a release date for "Detox". So dont use this as a argument for 'Detox' being not real or whatever else you think of. Couse its just scretchin reality to your theory.

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:03 AM »
I don't care what anyone says this is the first song I like from Detox  :bandit:

BiggBoogaBiff

First off... why tha fuck are y'all attacking ME like y'all don't ALREADY KNOW Dre iz on that bullshit, that's bugged!  

2nd... stop talking to me like your some fucking scholar talkin about theories n shit... i put 2 and 2 together and i got 4 #feelme
(tha devil's in the "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" booklet details/"the devil's in the details")
- and that's just 2010/2011... i mean u can pull up tha nigga's track record on here

3rd:  just give it a break already.  all of y'all are makin ya'llselves out 2 look like dumbasses trying to go on me or anybody else in tha name of Dr. Dre and "Detox"... the rest of the world is growing up, you should join in on it.  i swear even mentioning Dr. Dre or "Detox" is so wack now, that shit really iz played out.
- and everybody already knows that Dr. Dre is practically my number 1 idol and i've said that various amount of times thru various topics so my position on where i stand with dude (this sounds more serious than it really iz)... it's just that I got hip [like alot of people are getting nowadays]... Dre is a brand, not an artist or producer.  Yeah I'm pretty much positive he sits in on quite a few of the sessions telling his people how he feels about the instruments and giving "direction" and what not but seriously son, if Dre was the MAIN Creator of all of his "Produced By: Dr. Dre" credits then there would be no need 2 keep niggaz like Dewaun Parker, Mike Elizondo, and Mark Batson, and Scott Storch and ALL of those niggaz around him (especially for as long as it's been, add it up).

4th:  "Detox" so far has gone down as THE MOST OVERRATED and ANTICIPATED album in Rap History EVER (and that's saying alot).  Quik was right when he said Dre needs to drop it so everybody over there can celebrate and move on, do u know how pathetic Dre is starting to look (and this is coming from some1 who's idolized this nigga literally pretty much my ENTIRE LIFE and i don't cut cardz 4 any1... not even my own Father).  

U know people would've been ok if he never mentioned "Detox" and then dropped tracks here and there like he's doing now, then it would've been an easier pill to swallow but he's been gassing it for a couple years now and even getting on CNN with tha shit (next to Jimmy Iovine at that).  Dr. Dre has absolutely NOTHING to worry about except just putting out music that only Dre knows how 2 do.  Shit, i'll buy into Dr. Dre tha rapper in 2011, i don't have a fuckin problem with it at all (and i betchu deep down inside most people don't either) but this dragging on of sub-par music and music that us fans couldn't appreciate for years to come just isn't worth it.

Read this part if nothing else:

*Read it all if u want to, it doesn't matter.  This is IN-DEPTH anaylsis from some1 who's been jockin since in was hangin off my mother's stockin, I'm not really bringing you my opinion (really i'm not) I'm just tellin it like it iz and if y'all don't wanna except it then fine (that's all on u).  All I know is Dr. Dre is getting rich off of our emotions and gullableness and I don't know about u but I'm not really cool with that anymore [i feel like when Bill Maher was talking about Charlie Sheen these past couple weeks {even tho i disagreed}.  At tha end of tha day he's just another rich guy, he's not tha Andre we all grew up with idolized anymore, he's just another businessman who might aswell be sitting on the same side of the table as them Goldman-Sachs niggaz*

Question:  Would I still buy "Detox" if/whenever it drops, yeah maybe, but only if I'm gettin that music we're supposed to be getting and not some corporate Euro Pop shit.  I'm not even gonna lie, i'll probably download it (for free) when it drops if it's like that, play it for a month or two (maybe) and only keep tha tracks i like.  I'm not supporting this man anymore, he's turned his back on us and you're blind if u can't see that (*us as in the REAL fans, fuck it, just us fans in general*).  "Dr. Dre" is becoming irrelevant and he's the ONLY cause of that.  None of us owe Dre anything besides our "support" which we've always gave him, this time around he owes US!
- literally like everybody from the time Dre first came on deck to tha niggaz of today have released music and kept on giving to their/us fans, Dre don't do that, and he's being so fake about it (fake as in being a fake nigga).  

- I'll leave y'all with this just in case i didn't make THE point any clearer.  This white dude that i work with, 28 years old, almost as much of a fan of WestCoast Hip Hop in general as me  ;D talks about Dr. Dre and Eminem like there's no tomorrow (it's sickening almost) and come 2 find out me and this nigga pretty much see eye 2 eye on all of this shit.  "I Need A Doctor" is wack and Dre needs 2 stick 2 doing Dre, "Kush" was ok for the moment but is fading fast, Eminem fell off a little, and some more shit.  I swear on everything we were at work yesterday and all this nigga could talk about was "ain't Detox supposed to drop on 4/20, blah blah blah".  

Keep in mind this white cat is 28, a little hood but u can tell he's a goofball, he doesn't hide or try 2 cover up tha fact that he's pure Caucasian, LOVES WestCoast Rap, lived out in LA for a few months, and blah blah blah... basically he's kinda like tha dude Dre is marketing his new brand to except he's from America... It's just so mind boggling how Dre has fucked up so many people's heads over the years and got EVERYBODY'S hopes up.  I'm telling you right now that Dr. Dre's biggest obstacle isn't finding the right music, it's gonna be getting past the fans resentment that's been built up...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:24:04 AM by Arthur (me) >>>> Sucker (you) »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
keep your thoughts to yourself stan.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #314 on: April 20, 2011, 09:21:09 AM »
keep your thoughts to yourself stan.

all jokes aside everything i said was THE TRUTH... you'd just be pulling out your mojo if u say otherwise #reallife

i'm done with it tho, if y'all wanna stay in twilight sheep heaven then by all means do u but the rest of tha world isn't with u, the rest of tha world is with everybody else