Author Topic: Dragon Quest/Warrior  (Read 517 times)

Trauma-san

Dragon Quest/Warrior
« on: January 06, 2003, 03:36:12 PM »
Man, in america, Dragon Quest was released as Dragon Warrior, for the nintendo.  I found it at a flea market when I was younger, and LOVED the game.  Recently, I fINALLY found Dragon Warrior II, and I've been playing it non-stop ever since... Does anybody out there have Dragon Warrior 3 or 4 they can sell me? They're rare, and I can't find them anywhere.  I'd also trade you something if you're interested.  

Same thing with Final Fantasy 2 or 3 for the supernintendo, I would trade you a game if you're interested, or just buy it from you.  I can't find it anywhere around here.  

But back to Dragon Warrior, does anybody know if the o.g. Dragon Quest's work in america nintendos?  I guess I couldn't play the japanese version (wouldn't understand it) but was it released in England or anything? There's a bunch of them that they never released in america, and also the same thing with Final Fantasy, the Final Fantasy's released in america skipped final fantasy 2 3 and 4 I believe, and released 5 as 2.  I still don't understand that, LOL but does anybody have any games they wanna part with layin' around?  Peace~

verbalassaulta

Re:Dragon Quest/Warrior
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 03:44:02 PM »
why dont you just download an emulator and download the game...i got about every one of my old favorite nes/snes games out right on my desktop....and i think there was a snes dragon warrior...cant remember

min0rity

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 03:47:53 PM »
YES!! about fucking time somebody from america likes this game...i've been trying to tell people..this is the best RPG in the world...the graphics are horrible but the gameplay is superb....if you have the playstation..you should check out dragon warrior 7....UNBELIEVEALE GAME.....should only cost you 29.99.....recently they have announced dragon warrior 8 but not too sure which platform its gonna be...oh yeah if you own a gameboy advance you can also get dragon warrior 1 AND 2(2 games in one!!!) and dragon warrior 3...for a meager price of 14.99-19.99 ...its the exact same version as the nintendo...and yes i own dragon quest 2 and 4 but its for the japanese famicom so obivously you wouldn't want it...lol

og dragon quest doesn't work on america's nintendo....

dragon quest 5 and 6 was never released in america....

i've played dragon quest 1,2,3,4,6,7 and i have to say 4 is the best ever....you have to play it man trust me...they were supposed to rerelase dragon warrior 4 on the playstation but they fucking cancelled.....

but if youre desperate...download nintendo roms and super nintendo roms to play dragon warrior series on your computer!!!

meanwhile...check out www.enix.com the creators of dragon warrior and other masterpieces..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2003, 03:52:09 PM by drunken_mastenori »

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 04:22:48 PM »
Man I can't believe other people are into this game!...I had Dragon Warrior 1 for nes, and it was my favourite game when I was a kid for like 2 years!... I just suddenly got really hooked on it... I remember I got it for free when I subscribed for Nintendo Power magazine one year... but yeah I just remember those slime's... and I remember going into the caves and there were dragons in there and shit... oh yeah can't forget the goldmen that you could find at that certain part of the map... man they could get you hella money... haha memories ;D

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 05:18:10 PM »
Hahah, yup.  I'll agree, it's the best RPG I've ever played; it don't look as good or anything like that, but man it's just SO FRIEKIN FUN.  I've got 1, and 2, for nintendo, I'll try and find 3, and 4.  Good to hear 4 is the most fun, 1 and 2 are amazing.  I've got a gameboy advance, so if I don't find 3, I'll get it for advance.  Are the Dragon Warrior Monsters any good?  

verbalassaulta

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 05:52:04 PM »
whoah...slow down now way is it even any where in the same league as final fantasy 7 & 3 or even zelda 3, or chrono trigger and cross....i mean i'll agree its dope...even now its pretty good...but its system is too flawed compared to more modern rpgs...i wont even mention graphics and sound cause it was a different era...but im talking battle system, story, play challenge, experience...sorry..its a great old school game...but now days i wouldnt be caught dead playing it...have you played playstation final fantsy 7&8 and chrono cross and snes final fantasy 2&3 and chrono trigger...if you havent i highly recomend them if you like rpgs like i do...if you dont mind loosing about 60 hours per game of your life...cause theyre very involved and hella addicting...download a emulator and get the snes ones for free by the way
« Last Edit: January 06, 2003, 05:53:47 PM by verbalassaulta »

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 05:54:09 PM »
whoah...slow down now way is it even any where in the same league as final fantasy 7 & 3 or even zelda 3, or chrono trigger and cross....i mean i'll agree its dope...even now its pretty good...but its system is too flawed compared to more modern rpgs...i wont even mention graphics and sound cause it was a different era...but im talking battle system, story, play challenge, experience...sorry..its a great old school game...but now days i wouldnt be caught dead playing it...have you played playstation final fantsy 7&8 and chrono cross and snes final fantasy 2&3 and chrono chross...if you havent i highly recomend them if you like rpgs like i do...if you dont mind loosing about 60 hours per game of your life...cause theyre very involved and hella addicting...download a emulator and get the snes ones for free by the way

alright man Id like to check some of them... but I don't know how to get an emulator? I remember I tried to download one once but it never seemed to work? you know where I could get one homie? thanks...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

verbalassaulta

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 06:12:43 PM »
http://www.psychofox.com/ or  http://www.freeroms.com/snes.  ....just click on the format you want download it..for snes use zsnes or snes9x....download games by downloading rom files ....you will also probably need winzip cause the files usually come as zip files so you'll need to unzip them(including the emulator)...if you dont have winzip...just do a search its easy to get....oh and there are tons of sights with way more emulators and roms than that one...just do a search for emulator...just think you can have ever single snes game on your desktop if you want..i got like 30 games though really dont play them much
« Last Edit: January 06, 2003, 06:14:59 PM by verbalassaulta »

min0rity

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 07:03:37 PM »
man final fantasy isn't for me...they don't focus on the gameplay(eg FF10)

now chrono trigger is the shit...its real dope and fun to play

btw chrono trigger was partially made by the same folks who made the dragon quest series....(it was a squaresoft + enix collabo)

zelda for the super nes was unbelieveable..i might get the remake on GBA

but still i don't think none of these can fuck with dragon quest 3,4,and 7...especially 4 which i consider the best RPG made ever......mannn the whole game is divided into 5 different CHAPTERS..like a book....and you play each chapter and it has different characters and plots.....funny thing is you don't even control the hero until the last chapter which is the REAL journey....ok i  don't wanna spoil it no more lol...but be sure to give this game a try as you would lose a lot of sleeping time and perhaps, a little of your social life.... ;) thats how much fun it is
« Last Edit: January 06, 2003, 07:09:09 PM by drunken_mastenori »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2003, 08:05:41 PM »
damn man u still got a nes.  lucky bastard, I wish I still had one.  Fuck all the other game systems.

min0rity

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2003, 08:28:27 PM »
damn man u still got a nes.  lucky bastard, I wish I still had one.  Fuck all the other game systems.

you can play super nes and nes on your computer with roms...its fast to download and its free!! theres like 928314783974374 games you can download and play...i got zelda, super mario series, dragon quest series, mario kart, super mario RPG, street fighter2 and whole bunch of shit

verbalassaulta

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2003, 09:21:56 AM »
i cant beleive some of you guys dont have emulators...every classic system and game you can think of....though its like stealing music...but hey you cant even buy them anymore...so no big deal...and bet you guys didnt know..but enix and square merged this past year...and chrono cross was made by the "dream team" of designers....makers of final fantasy, dragon warrior, and dragon ball z...awesome game....all of you who dont have emulators though i would download one now
« Last Edit: January 07, 2003, 09:25:41 AM by verbalassaulta »

min0rity

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2003, 09:49:26 AM »
i cant beleive some of you guys dont have emulators...every classic system and game you can think of....though its like stealing music...but hey you cant even buy them anymore...so no big deal...and bet you guys didnt know..but enix and square merged this past year...and chrono cross was made by the "dream team" of designers....makers of final fantasy, dragon warrior, and dragon ball z...awesome game....all of you who dont have emulators though i would download one now

yo do you know any good sites where i can download roms?? it seems like there are a lot of phony sites that claims they have roms but they don't

Smooth

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2003, 01:27:35 PM »
http://www.psychofox.com/ or  http://www.freeroms.com/snes.  ....just click on the format you want download it..for snes use zsnes or snes9x....download games by downloading rom files ....you will also probably need winzip cause the files usually come as zip files so you'll need to unzip them(including the emulator)...if you dont have winzip...just do a search its easy to get....oh and there are tons of sights with way more emulators and roms than that one...just do a search for emulator...just think you can have ever single snes game on your desktop if you want..i got like 30 games though really dont play them much

Thanks a lot assaulta, props man... im gonna try and download the emulator tonight... and I got winzip so I should be able to make this work...

Peace

Battle Record 1-0

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2003, 05:50:33 PM »
That sounds tight. I aint too sure I understand it though but I'ma give it a shot later on tonight. Playin old school NES games on my comp? Ninja Gaiden? Contra? Kung Fu? all that shit? What exactly does a emulator do? And about how long does it take to download? Cuz I'm on wack ass 56k...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee