Author Topic: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album  (Read 1035 times)

Big BpG

I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »
I like to think that as a Snoop Dogg fan, I was one of the biggest. Not only did I buy all his albums, but I bought other albums that he was featured on. I was on this board all day every day (The posts don't lie), but mainly in the first few years. I even dedicated a website to him, but those days of fanaticism are over. What it came down to was the music. His music went in a much different direction. That neptune laced PTCTBTB album was garbage to me. R&G got some decent spins, but after that I didn't even blink. Blue Carpet was Meh, even Dre bored me.  Ego Trippin had Press Play and that was it. Malice, well that shit couldn't even be a mixtape (Gangsta Luv Included).

So yes, I've heard them all, but I haven't shelled a penny since R&G. I didn't even D/L his last three albums. Even more so, Snoop did a show here back in Feb, 3 blocks from my house and I didn't even give a shit.

but...

Doggumentary ... This album is great! Will I open my wallet for it? Pleezbaleevit!

I'm just saying I'm real happy to have some Snoop Dogg music back in my eardrums. I'm 28 now. I was 10 years old when I saw Snoop morph into a Doberman Pinscher, so I've seen my share of ups and downs in his career. This album sits right under Last Meal.

1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Last Meal
3. Doggumentary
4. Top Dogg
21. Tha Doggfather
100. R&G
110. Blue Carpet
136. Da Game Is To Be Sold
166. Ego Trippin
200. Paid The Cost
567. Malice

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
each to their own but i can't believe you rated this better than paid tha cost.....personally im only feelin maybe 2 tracks off doggumentary but i only gave it a couple of spins, maybe i'll change my mind..

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:00:29 AM »
whatup BPG!  Glad to see you still kicking it! 8)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
i havnt heard the album yet. but the songs i heard were dope.

and about Malice, put the LP with More Malice and mix the tracks up and u have a good album, no bullshit. motherfuckas just mad because Dre wasn't on it. it banged

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »

and about Malice, put the LP with More Malice and mix the tracks up and u have a good album, no bullshit. motherfuckas just mad because Dre wasn't on it. it banged

Yep.

Malice = great diverse contemporary pop album. Better than BEP's The End, Gaga, La Roux - all that shit that got major propped in 2010.

More Malice = Snoop on his independent gangsta tip, with some smooth thug shit too 'You're Gonna Luv Me' is still my Jam. :pimp:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »
I haven't heard doggumentary yet but putting it over top dogg? I doubt that's possible

R&G over blue carpet?! Seriously? Blue carpet wasn't the best album but it was solid, r&g only had one song 2 songs I'd listen to (drop it like its hot, let's get blown)

And you have paid the cost way too low. That was a nice album just took some getting used to cuz the sound was so different
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 05:21:07 AM »

More Malice = Snoop on his independent gangsta tip, with some smooth thug shit too 'You're Gonna Luv Me' is still my Jam. :pimp:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »
r and g banged...control ya hoe and promise i were the sleeper joints on that album. the intro is cold as fuck too.

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:30:35 AM »
I get slammed for saying it but I rate Snoops albums..

1 Doggystyle

2 Tha Doggfather

3 The Game Is To Be Sold, Not Told <---------- overlooked classic

4 No Limit Top Dogg / Tha Last Meal (joint 4th)

5 Tha Blue Carpet Treatment

6 Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$

7 More Malice / Ego Trippin (joint 7th)

8 Malice In Wonderland

9 R&G

:pimp:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:34:09 AM »
yikes.

i like his no limit debut alot too but not that much....

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 05:48:30 AM »
yikes.

i like his no limit debut alot too but not that much....

Sure it's down to taste but apart from the Doggy Style Records camp on there (Meech, Pooh, Soopafly, Charlie Wilson), you also got 2 incredible joints by Carlos Stephens  - Gin & Juice II and Game Of Life. Plus smooooothhh production by DJ Darryl on 'Don't Let Go' who's done classics including D-Shots 'Money, Sex & Thugs' (one of my all time favourite joints!!). And Snoop nails the no limit sound tracks better than No Limits home grown artists. Like Master P said he brought money power respect, street knowledge and wisdom. To me the CD just has a classic sound. :pimp:

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 05:51:40 AM »
i agree....first snoop album in buying since the last meal...

Okka

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 05:53:41 AM »
If you include "More Malice" album in your list, you should also include "Dead Man Walkin" on it. Both are compilations.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:16 AM »
R&G over blue carpet?! Seriously? Blue carpet wasn't the best album but it was solid, r&g only had one song 2 songs I'd listen to (drop it like its hot, let's get blown)

"That's That Shit" >>> Any track off of R&G
"Imagine" >>> Any track off of R&G

Okka

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 06:08:50 AM »
"Bang Out", "Oh No" and "Ups And Downs" are the only songs i still bump from "Rhythm & Gangsta", i consider it one of Snoop's weakest albums for sure. It ain't nowhere close to being as good as "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment".