Author Topic: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album  (Read 1027 times)

Fraxxx

Re: I thought I'd never buy another Snoop Dogg album
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
people may disagree on ranking his albums, but i hope there's a consensus he needs to stop doing songs like wet

LOL I really feel like I'm the only one who lijes that song (beside LBIA but he doesn't count).
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
Wow after reading the responses - I owe snoop an apology

No wonder he's so confused about what to release. There's actually people who enjoyed that garbage ass "da game is to be sold..." album. I thought it was unanimous that shit was frisbee material

Yeah, seems like Snoop did it all right. I think every album has been defended at least once. You could say he satisfied the wide range of his audience at some point.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »
album is good.. would have been better without ,
Superman, Its The Only Thing, EL Lay, Platinum,Raised In The Hood, My Fuckin House & Sumthin like this night.

those arent bad but they kinda fuck the vibe a bit, Choose and Keep Going , would have been perfect. oh and I do not know who is putting all they songs together for this album but he did a bad job..after listening to We Rest In Cali I always feel like the next song is weak

DOGGSHIT

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »
I like to think that as a Snoop Dogg fan, I was one of the biggest. Not only did I buy all his albums, but I bought other albums that he was featured on. I was on this board all day every day (The posts don't lie), but mainly in the first few years. I even dedicated a website to him, but those days of fanaticism are over. What it came down to was the music. His music went in a much different direction. That neptune laced PTCTBTB album was garbage to me. R&G got some decent spins, but after that I didn't even blink. Blue Carpet was Meh, even Dre bored me.  Ego Trippin had Press Play and that was it. Malice, well that shit couldn't even be a mixtape (Gangsta Luv Included).

So yes, I've heard them all, but I haven't shelled a penny since R&G. I didn't even D/L his last three albums. Even more so, Snoop did a show here back in Feb, 3 blocks from my house and I didn't even give a shit.

but...

Doggumentary ... This album is great! Will I open my wallet for it? Pleezbaleevit!

I'm just saying I'm real happy to have some Snoop Dogg music back in my eardrums. I'm 28 now. I was 10 years old when I saw Snoop morph into a Doberman Pinscher, so I've seen my share of ups and downs in his career. This album sits right under Last Meal.

1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Last Meal
3. Doggumentary
4. Top Dogg
21. Tha Doggfather
100. R&G
110. Blue Carpet
136. Da Game Is To Be Sold
166. Ego Trippin
200. Paid The Cost
567. Malice

I feel tha same way

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
lost sessions > anything besides Doggstyle
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »

no

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »
its better than his last two albums, no doubt

but overall its average, Snoop failed off and wont get back

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

no

doggystyle
eat a dick
the genie
keep it real dogg
fallin asleep on death row
head doctor og
O.G.

buncha classics on the lost sessions
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

no

doggystyle
eat a dick
the genie
keep it real dogg
head doctor og
O.G.

n lets not forget the most consistent part of that cd.....horrible sound quality!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »

no

doggystyle
eat a dick
the genie
keep it real dogg
head doctor og
O.G.

What's so special about Eat a Dick?  One recycled verse, repetitive unfinished beat and a wack hook. Not good.
Keep It Real Dogg - nice, but we've already heard this beat before
Head Doctor OG - This song isn't on mine

The other songs you mentioned were dope. But you neglected to mention the rest of the songs, most of which are filler. So no. Great look back on Snoop's earlier days if you look at it as a compilation, but not a great album. This doesn't compare to Snoop's better albums.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »
I get slammed for saying it but I rate Snoops albums..

3 The Game Is To Be Sold, Not Told <---------- overlooked classic

:pimp:

i couldnt even listen to the cd except for the Meech joints...

JeremyM

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
I honestly like every Snoop album for the most part- didn't even hate Malice like others, although it's his second weakest (I like More Malice better, mainly because of Protocol.  Da Game is my least favorite, although I do really like a few songs on that one- Don't Let Go comes to mind, and the one with Charlie Wilson.  I agree with what was said about R&G above- I love that one, but I can understand the hate as well.  As far as this one, I like it so far but not sure where to place it.     

teecee

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
Wow after reading the responses - I owe snoop an apology

No wonder he's so confused about what to release. There's actually people who enjoyed that garbage ass "da game is to be sold..." album. I thought it was unanimous that shit was frisbee material

Still a G Thang and Hoes Money Clout are two of Snoop's best songs ever, but yeah, that album is BAD.   I didn't mind the remake of the BDP song though

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »

no

doggystyle
eat a dick
the genie
keep it real dogg
head doctor og
O.G.

What's so special about Eat a Dick?  One recycled verse, repetitive unfinished beat and a wack hook. Not good.
Keep It Real Dogg - nice, but we've already heard this beat before
Head Doctor OG - This song isn't on mine

The other songs you mentioned were dope. But you neglected to mention the rest of the songs, most of which are filler. So no. Great look back on Snoop's earlier days if you look at it as a compilation, but not a great album. This doesn't compare to Snoop's better albums.

Eat a Dick is a Doggystyle leftover man, that shit came BEFORE doggy dogg world and serial killa

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Lost sessions was wack. Snoop has a pretty horrible discography when it's all said and done.