Author Topic: XXL 2011 Freshmen Mixtape  (Read 187 times)

MistaNova

XXL 2011 Freshmen Mixtape
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:59:35 AM »
Better than last years? Not likely but I'll give it a shot.

http://www.xxlmag.com/uploads/mixtapes/2011.3.freshman.zip

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: XXL 2011 Freshmen Mixtape
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:41 AM »
Are those all new audio?

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »
Are those all new audio?

Not sure since I don't keep up with 75% of this years line-up. I think most are new, but considering how last year's mixtape was made up of already-released tracks I'd do a google search just in case.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:27 AM »
it's all pretty new for the most part, the freestyles were released as videos first though but as far as the songs I think those are all exclusives

"Cypher" Pt. 1 and 3 are pretty dope, and the Kendrick/Meek Mill/Krit/Cyhi/Mac Miller tracks are all nice

what y'all think of this dude Fred The Godson? I haven't seen him discussed here ever, I gotta say I haven't heard anything to blow me away yet and I ain't feeling some of his production but he has 1 pretty decent track on here "I'm Ready"

MistaNova

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:13:53 AM »
what y'all think of this dude Fred The Godson? I haven't seen him discussed here ever, I gotta say I haven't heard anything to blow me away yet and I ain't feeling some of his production but he has 1 pretty decent track on here "I'm Ready"

He's fat.
Dude's freestyles are fair and he's got a good ear for beats (most of the time), but to me it sounds like he reuses his lines abit.

Though IMO XV or French Montana should've been on the list more than him.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

He's fat.
Dude's freestyles are fair and he's got a good ear for beats (most of the time), but to me it sounds like he reuses his lines abit.

Though IMO XV or French Montana should've been on the list more than him.

I would have replaced Lil Twist with XV, Diggy Simmons with Los, and YG with Vado

French been around for years, he wouldn't fit in on that cover regardless of how big his buzz got in 09-10

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
I would have replaced Lil Twist with XV, Diggy Simmons with Los, and YG with Vado

French been around for years, he wouldn't fit in on that cover regardless of how big his buzz got in 09-10

Props for mentioning LoS and Vado.
Same could be said for the last two you wanted to replace yet they get to be on the cover (whether they fit is another question though).

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »

Props for mentioning LoS and Vado.
Same could be said for the last two you wanted to replace yet they get to be on the cover (whether they fit is another question though).

I almost put money on it that Vado was going to make the cover, and I just got put onto Los recently from 2 of my homeboys... he needs to drop some more original material but when he freestyles he goes IN  :o

MistaNova

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »
I almost put money on it that Vado was going to make the cover, and I just got put onto Los recently from 2 of my homeboys... he needs to drop some more original material but when he freestyles he goes IN  :o

After the scene Jae Millz made last year, I was sure that XXL wouldn't forget him though he appearently declined when he looked at the other freshmen.
As for LoS he's been on the scene for a while, he used to be signed to Bad Boy until he got dropped. You should listen to his G-5 and Shooter mixtapes they're off the chain 8).

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 09:58:51 AM »

After the scene Jae Millz made last year, I was sure that XXL wouldn't forget him though he appearently declined when he looked at the other freshmen.
As for LoS he's been on the scene for a while, he used to be signed to Bad Boy until he got dropped. You should listen to his G-5 and Shooter mixtapes they're off the chain 8).

dude was with Bad Boy, no shit? I got that Shooter mixtape, got a link for G5?

MistaNova

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:04:02 AM by Iveus »