Author Topic: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album  (Read 1766 times)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Warren G plans Nate Dogg tribute album
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »
I'm saying there's not enough material to make a double album or three disc album.. Its not just because of this guy but I've heard this before.

Actually, according to Dae One and Knoc-Turn'Al there is a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg songs in the vaults.

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/2661/54/

don't forget about the thing called copyrights. even if there's a lot of material it doesn't mean it will be easy to release it. It would be dope tho...

Okka

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
Nate Dogg said to Julio G that he had a personal vault. If you add all the stuff he recorded with producers like Dre, Damizza, Fredwreck etc, plus artists like Shade Sheist, Knoc etc that claim having Nate Dogg hooks, plus the DR material, plus the 213 leftovers, you have material for 10 albums if you want. Now it's up to the people in charge to release proper Nate albums.

what if the vocals he had in his vault are the same ones that Dre and other producers have???
It's all speculations.... and the fact is you have no fucking idea if there's material for 1 or 10 albums... peace

Check out the link i just posted. There is a lot of unreleased material.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
Nate Dogg said to Julio G that he had a personal vault. If you add all the stuff he recorded with producers like Dre, Damizza, Fredwreck etc, plus artists like Shade Sheist, Knoc etc that claim having Nate Dogg hooks, plus the DR material, plus the 213 leftovers, you have material for 10 albums if you want. Now it's up to the people in charge to release proper Nate albums.

what if the vocals he had in his vault are the same ones that Dre and other producers have???
It's all speculations.... and the fact is you have no fucking idea if there's material for 1 or 10 albums... peace

It's not speculations since it's based on what NATE DOGG himself said + what producers and artists say. Have you even listened to Nate Dogg's interview with Julio G ?? When he talks about Pac and how he created his own vault as Pac did, so people keep releasing his music after he passed. And if you were more familiar with Nate you would know that he was always recording music, to express his feelings, as he did after the 09/11 attack. Of course i am not telling you the exact number of albums they would be able to release 8 or 10 or 20 albums,  I am just telling that there are a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg vocals.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:40:22 PM by Mista Rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
just curious: is there an mp3 of that Julio G interview with Nate? I don't think I've heard that

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »

It's not speculations since it's based on what NATE DOGG himself said + what producers and artists say. Have you even listened to Nate Dogg's interview with Julio G ?? When he talks about Pac and how he created his own vault as Pac did, so people keep releasing his music after he passed. And if you were more familiar with Nate you would know that he was always recording music, to express his feelings, as he did after the 09/11 attack. Of course i am not telling you the exact number of albums they would be able to release 8 or 10 or 20 albums,  I am just telling that there are a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg vocals.

When you do know such vault exists but you have no idea how many songs it contains (and don't even know shit about the quality) and then you try to guess how many albums they are able to make out of it - it's indeed speculation in its pure form. No disrespect tho... imo there is no sense in arguing on how many albums they should do when you have no idea about what's in the vault. Let's just wait for the album

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 02:46:19 AM »

It's not speculations since it's based on what NATE DOGG himself said + what producers and artists say. Have you even listened to Nate Dogg's interview with Julio G ?? When he talks about Pac and how he created his own vault as Pac did, so people keep releasing his music after he passed. And if you were more familiar with Nate you would know that he was always recording music, to express his feelings, as he did after the 09/11 attack. Of course i am not telling you the exact number of albums they would be able to release 8 or 10 or 20 albums,  I am just telling that there are a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg vocals.

When you do know such vault exists but you have no idea how many songs it contains (and don't even know shit about the quality) and then you try to guess how many albums they are able to make out of it - it's indeed speculation in its pure form. No disrespect tho... imo there is no sense in arguing on how many albums they should do when you have no idea about what's in the vault. Let's just wait for the album

no speculation, dude

213 recorded like 35-40 songs for the first 213-album. Fredwreck used to sell hooks for Nate Dogg, to various artists. Nate recorded all the time..
deathrow-shit (theres a list wit existing nate songs from teh court docuemtns),
warren g & fredwreck have unused protools-sessions
nate himself said he tried to record as much as possible, just like 2pac did (like mistaRosa said) - indicates that theres alot of shit
plus not to mention, unreleased nate songs (wit diff artists)

theres material for at least 5 or 6 albums - and thats a good thing  8)
but i used to think myself that his catalogue was limited, parently thats not the case tho - alot of shit just wasnt releaased
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:51:11 AM by Michael Madsen »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 03:40:51 AM »

It's not speculations since it's based on what NATE DOGG himself said + what producers and artists say. Have you even listened to Nate Dogg's interview with Julio G ?? When he talks about Pac and how he created his own vault as Pac did, so people keep releasing his music after he passed. And if you were more familiar with Nate you would know that he was always recording music, to express his feelings, as he did after the 09/11 attack. Of course i am not telling you the exact number of albums they would be able to release 8 or 10 or 20 albums,  I am just telling that there are a lot of unreleased Nate Dogg vocals.

no speculation, dude

213 recorded like 35-40 songs for the first 213-album. Fredwreck used to sell hooks for Nate Dogg, to various artists. Nate recorded all the time..
deathrow-shit (theres a list wit existing nate songs from teh court docuemtns),
warren g & fredwreck have unused protools-sessions
nate himself said he tried to record as much as possible, just like 2pac did (like mistaRosa said) - indicates that theres alot of shit
plus not to mention, unreleased nate songs (wit diff artists)

theres material for at least 5 or 6 albums - and thats a good thing  8)
but i used to think myself that his catalogue was limited, parently thats not the case tho - alot of shit just wasnt releaased

ok sounds quite real. Still sounds like a speculations tho lol (some of you say it's 2 albums, some 5, some 10). Well don't take it seriously... ;)

Anyway, I hope we will hear these songs some day. Looks like too many people keep their hands on this vault... I hope they won't fuck it up...

V2DHeart

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »
Some people say 5/10 albums and any other number they can guess to what they believe may be solid tracks.

What people don't realise sometimes is that artists re-use and re-cycle a lot of their verses, and vocals from the archives when working with other artists, and even when doing other songs - They may use 1 verse from a song in the vault, or use the entire lyrics to an almost near-identical state and that right there limits the total amount of tracks right there release-worthy. Then there's the content, and topic, the possibility of damage, and deletion... Files on a computer from pro tools sessions? Can be prone to viruses, and anything else if no alternative "good quality" backups have been made. 

There's a lot of speculation on this thread. Producers are also very good at stating they “done a gang of songs together”, and “worked for days non stop in the studio” with an artist when time finally reveals that only a handful of tracks were ever done, and that all these imaginary “20” tracks don’t really exist. Producers also tend to class different mixes, and different vocal layers as individual tracks, so 3 tracks with an artist can ultimately mean for the public – just the 1.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2011, 04:25:19 AM »
Some people say 5/10 albums and any other number they can guess to what they believe may be solid tracks.

What people don't realise sometimes is that artists re-use and re-cycle a lot of their verses, and vocals from the archives when working with other artists, and even when doing other songs - They may use 1 verse from a song in the vault, or use the entire lyrics to an almost near-identical state and that right there limits the total amount of tracks right there release-worthy. Then there's the content, and topic, the possibility of damage, and deletion... Files on a computer from pro tools sessions? Can be prone to viruses, and anything else if no alternative "good quality" backups have been made. 

There's a lot of speculation on this thread. Producers are also very good at stating they “done a gang of songs together”, and “worked for days non stop in the studio” with an artist when time finally reveals that only a handful of tracks were ever done, and that all these imaginary “20” tracks don’t really exist. Producers also tend to class different mixes, and different vocal layers as individual tracks, so 3 tracks with an artist can ultimately mean for the public – just the 1.

totally agree...

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »

totally agree...

Yes. Plus they expect every single song to be bangers. If they recorded 40 songs for 213 obviously the unreleased songs were put off for some reason.. Not to say all unreleased shit is wack though
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Mista Rosa

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
just curious: is there an mp3 of that Julio G interview with Nate? I don't think I've heard that

http://www.mediafire.com/?uga0z450vaawsmb

Props to Don Dolla

@ shoo

Sure there is no need to argue! We'll see what will be released! Can't wait to hear some new stuff.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
thanks for the hookup!