Author Topic: Pac & Dre  (Read 3056 times)

FilthyFill33

• Lil Geezy
Pac & Dre
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
anybody know the exact reason y they were beefin?

awol22222

Re: Pac & Dre
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:27:09 AM »
Dre left Death Row.

FilthyFill33

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
Dre left Death Row.
i read somewhere that they were beefing because of snoops murder case

awol22222

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:29 AM »
Dre left Death Row.
i read somewhere that they were beefing because of snoops murder case
That too.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:51:32 AM »
Pac had suge's puppet strings surgically implanted on his body.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

V2DHeart

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:54:12 AM »
It wasn't really that personal. Dr Dre from 94 onwards spent very little time around Death Row, and didn't like the trouble, or intentional controversy they "as a label" helped to create. The idiots, and gang BS wasn't an ideal work place for Dre. Then to top it off they talk again about trying to sign Tupac to the label in 95 with a better chance this time. A guy who was literally on TV all the time in 93/94 for being in trouble, being arrested, spitting at cameras, snapping, jail etc. He saw his label being turned into a street corner, and spent more time away from Death Row.

The 2 got on fine when Tupac went to Dre's house, and Dre had a lot of respect for his talents as an artist, but it wasn't personal that he didn't want Tupac on the label. Dre wasn't really working with anyone on Death Row at that point, even Snoop, or DPG. He had his own in-house team at that point. Suge never forced Dre to hand over anything, because Suge didn't even know about those spesific tracks that that point, or what they sounded like. I still don't think he's even heard them. Dre gave Pac the 2 tracks for his album, and arguably gave 2Pac his biggest ever hit

Then people got into Tupacs ear manipulating the absent Dre situation rather than deal with the problem properly and it went from there

Today, Dre still shows respect to Tupac, and because Dre's the type of person (like Quik) who dopesn't like to release his own archived music, He is against the posthumous releases, and is why he turned down the offer(s) to work on the Loyal to The Game album, and Resurrection soundtrack. It has nothing to do with present day bitterness or anything like that, but people will always assume, and add these recycled ideas into the threads everytime they come up
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
They had a one night stand and then Dre left Death Row and never called.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »
Man, that was some bullshit. I think that was more based around Suge's beef with Dre, then anything else. 2Pac and Dre were cool with each other at first. 2Pac came to Dre's home studio (previously mentioned) to record with Dre. All of those stories of Suge finding songs and putting 2Pac on them without Dre's permission was bullshit. Dre gave those songs to 2Pac outta love for Pac's album. Hell, Sam Sneed even gave 2Pac a beat for his album. It was outta love. Suge had more of a beef with Dre than 2Pac did and 2Pac became the mouth-piece for Suge like how Suge was the mouth-piece for Dre when Dre was leaving NWA. It was just a bunch of bullshit that was going on at that time. All of the confusion about production credits, who did what beat ("Got My Mind Made Up"). That was what started it, from what I've read along with Dre not being at Snoop's murder trial. Then, Dre leaves the label. Then tha Sam Sneed beatdown happened. Then, Suge came over to Dre's house (with like a gang of dudes) for those mastertapes, trying to scare Dre. Dre didn't care, he gave those tapes to him after he copied those tapes for himself. Suge would later go to the media stating that Dre left the label with nothing and that was lie. He just didn't get all of what was owed to him (which was half). He did give up his 50% ownership of Death Row and (at that time) the label was worth 100 million dollars. Plus, it's rumored that around that time that Suge had start dealing with Dre's ex-girl/baby mama Michel'le. 2Pac was just being the mouth-piece for Suge. It was just a bunch of bullshit that was involved in that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:03:11 AM by sms130 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »
The 2 got on fine when Tupac went to Dre's house, and Dre had a lot of respect for his talents as an artist, but it wasn't personal that he didn't want Tupac on the label. Dre wasn't really working with anyone on Death Row at that point, even Snoop, or DPG. He had his own in-house team at that point. Suge never forced Dre to hand over anything, because Suge didn't even know about those spesific tracks that that point, or what they sounded like. I still don't think he's even heard them. Dre gave Pac the 2 tracks for his album, and arguably gave 2Pac his biggest ever hit

that's not what Tommy D said

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
The Dre-Pac issues always seemed like an offshoot of the issues between Dre and Suge, which in themself are kind of a mystery. Suge seems to have more animosity toward Dre than just about any other person he's publicly had issues with but the reasons aren't quite clear. I saw Pac as riding for Suge at a time when Death Row was on some "With Us or Against Us" shit. From Pac's eyes, Dre was distancing himself from Death Row's beefs and was working at home instead of in the studio with everybody else. The explanations behind Dre's departure are somewhat conflicting though. Some have said Suge forced him out as a power move so he could maintain full control of the company. Others say Dre got tired of all the BS and moved on. It's pretty clear that around '94, Suge was becoming more active in the creative apsects of the company. "Murder Was The Case" went from being a project centering around Snoop and the DPG/LBC artists to incorporating more of the talent that Suge was scouting. 1995 seemed like the point where Dre was losing interest. He had been talking to Eazy about an N.W.A. reunion before his death and had started working out of a home studio. Snoop commented on saying that around the time they did Dogg Food, Dre's demeanor had kind of changed and that he was really sick of people being in the studio that had no reason to be there. Now, what doesn't quite add up is Suge's beef. The reasons given are all fishy. One was that Dre took credit from other producers. The timing on this one was suspect. Complaints of Death Row cutting everybody out of publishing credits were around since the first release but Suge had no idea that Dre was "stealing credit" until he was on the way out the door? Another reason was Dre not testifying on Snoop's behalf during the murder trial, which Pac went on record as citing as one of his main reasons for his disdain for Dre. What's weird is that nobody from Snoop's camp ever went on record to confirm this or hold Dre to task for it. And then there's of course, the homsexual rumor. This one has always felt like some high school rumor mill stuff. You had Eric Wright clowning Dre about being gay as more of a reference to his Wreckin' Cru past. There was never a serious accusation made that he actually liked to fuck guys. The only guy to go on record and make that claim to my knowledge was Suge. To me, there is still a big piece of this story missing as to why Suge hates Dre so much.

NoobCake

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
The Dre-Pac issues always seemed like an offshoot of the issues between Dre and Suge, which in themself are kind of a mystery. Suge seems to have more animosity toward Dre than just about any other person he's publicly had issues with but the reasons aren't quite clear. I saw Pac as riding for Suge at a time when Death Row was on some "With Us or Against Us" shit. From Pac's eyes, Dre was distancing himself from Death Row's beefs and was working at home instead of in the studio with everybody else. The explanations behind Dre's departure are somewhat conflicting though. Some have said Suge forced him out as a power move so he could maintain full control of the company. Others say Dre got tired of all the BS and moved on. It's pretty clear that around '94, Suge was becoming more active in the creative apsects of the company. "Murder Was The Case" went from being a project centering around Snoop and the DPG/LBC artists to incorporating more of the talent that Suge was scouting. 1995 seemed like the point where Dre was losing interest. He had been talking to Eazy about an N.W.A. reunion before his death and had started working out of a home studio. Snoop commented on saying that around the time they did Dogg Food, Dre's demeanor had kind of changed and that he was really sick of people being in the studio that had no reason to be there. Now, what doesn't quite add up is Suge's beef. The reasons given are all fishy. One was that Dre took credit from other producers. The timing on this one was suspect. Complaints of Death Row cutting everybody out of publishing credits were around since the first release but Suge had no idea that Dre was "stealing credit" until he was on the way out the door? Another reason was Dre not testifying on Snoop's behalf during the murder trial, which Pac went on record as citing as one of his main reasons for his disdain for Dre. What's weird is that nobody from Snoop's camp ever went on record to confirm this or hold Dre to task for it. And then there's of course, the homsexual rumor. This one has always felt like some high school rumor mill stuff. You had Eric Wright clowning Dre about being gay as more of a reference to his Wreckin' Cru past. There was never a serious accusation made that he actually liked to fuck guys. The only guy to go on record and make that claim to my knowledge was Suge. To me, there is still a big piece of this story missing as to why Suge hates Dre so much.

It's much simpler than that.  Suge has always been a jelous motherfucker.  Before he started to put himself on the cover of magazines around 95, Dre was given all the credit for the success of death row, so the fat bastard became jealous.  His jealousy of Puffy of course is legendary.  And tupac was nothing more that suge's bitch, so whatever suge wanted pac to do he did.  Suge ordered his bitch to call Dre gay, so the bitch did as he was told.  It's really sad what tupac became after he joined death row. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 01:09:19 PM »
But jealousy still needs motivation. To swap out Pac for Dre makes no sense in terms of just grabbing at the spotlight. From a business view, kicking out a 50-50 partner for an artist whose in debt to you for however many albums with no ownership of the company adds up.

And with Puffy, there was still kind of a lot you could put together. Bad Boy was competition to Death Row. Then you have the question surrounding Puffy's part in the murder of Suge's best friend, Jake Roble. Now, you add to that that Suge starts rolling with Pac who also has problems with Bad Boy and it's not much of a mystery anymore. Now, Dre is different because he wasn't "competition". He was a major name on Death Row. Like I said, I can see why when Dre started to distance himself from the label, Suge might have pushed to get him out the door as soon as he had Pac in play but I don't get the animosity that continued for so many years after that and still seems to exist to this day. My thing is if you got a partner in a company and he's already made you a gang of money and you decide you don't need him anymore and you boot him out or just put so much pressure on him that he makes the decision to leave on his own and then he takes off and does his own thing and never really disses you, wouldn't that be something you would let die eventually? It's been 15 years now. There has to be something different there. He basically stopped kicking Puffy around for the most part. He still disses Snoop a little bit from time but Dre always been the one he was most vocal against.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »
Jimmy H., I agree with some of that. Part of the reason why Suge still disses Dre and even Snoop is because I think that he's bitter. He didn't like that these dudes moved on, left the label, and was still able to have success without his imput. Plus, Death Row time on top was over, even after several attended comebacks. Death Row hated on them so much and it didn't work. Despite it all! We've heard all of the diss songs, encounters at award shows, and the false rumors from Death Row? Snoop, Dre, Tha Dogg Pound, etc. are still doing their thing and Suge didn't like that. He took it as them going against him and it wasn't like that at first. He didn't like that they were able (in so many ways) stand up to him.

Dre was tired of tha bullshit that was going on with Death Row and Suge. Around 1994, I think that's when Suge's ego came into play. Suge name was beginning to appearing more in the media. He was began appearing more in the media. They were having creative differences with the direction of the label. Suge was leanning more towards R&B with stuff like the Above The Rim soundtrack. Dre still wanted to do tha hardcore hiphop. Dre wanted to release his record with Cube that he was working on at the time, and Rage's solo album. Suge got involved with the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. Like it was mentioned before, that soundtrack was originally more of a DPG compilation for the soundtrack. Dre contribute to that project more than what people know of, whether it was by producing or mixing. I mean, damn near all of side A of that soundtrack was either produced by Dre or it was mixed by Dre. I don't think He was credited for his mixing on that album. Go into 1995, I think Eazy's death may have played apart of it. Suge wasn't cool with Eazy and Dre made peace with Eazy before he passed. Eazy's death really hurt Dre. Tha Dogg Pound's Dogg Food became another issue. Dre was gonna produced some cuts for Tha Dogg Pound but, Suge didn't want no production by Dre to appear. Dre did mixed that album and it was said that Dre sold some of his beats to Daz. That's why that part of that album still sounds like a Dr. Dre production. Dre still co-executive produced it. Suge was just taking over the company and he was becoming jealous. Miscommunication may have played apart also. Suge was signing people and Dre didn't know about it. The beatdowns was happenning. Around this time also Dre's relationship with Michel'le was still off and on and they ended up breaking up. I just think that Dre was tired of tha bullshit and Eazy's death was the turning point in Dre's life, I think.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »
Yeah, I remember reading a quote with Dre were he said something about how he would go to the Death Row studios after coming off his jail/house arrest stint and all these new artists would be like, "Hey, I'm signed to the label and you're gonna produce my album" and he said he didn't even know any of these guys.

But the thing with people moving on is I can somewhat understand for him to maybe feel that way about Snoop-Dogg Pound because they left when he was locked up. If Dre was being pushed out of the picture, why would you see him as disloyal? You don't want him on the label so he leaves? Even in 1996, I get being mad but sometime around 2000, it should be water under the bridge.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 06:44:18 PM »
I mean, I don't know if I could work like that. People being signed without me knowing and I'm a CEO of tha company?! That's crazy. At least the people that Dre signed to the label, Suge met them and knew about it. It was a personal thing with Suge as far as him being bitter towards Dre and Snoop. Yeah, you would think that he would have moved on by 2000 and chill with those disses at Dre but, his pride would let that die down. Here and there, Dre and Eminem would throw disses back at Suge and Death Row. Those were just little shots here and there. They didn't go all out because Dre moved on and didn't wanna back-track. So, he kept it moving. Suge made ads, dissed him in tha media, married Dre's baby mama, and even had somebody attack Dre at tha Vibe Awards.

As far as Snoop and Tha Dogg Pound goes, I understand it to some degree. Yet, I don't because Snoop didn't diss Suge and Death Row until they start dissin' him and start doing a bunch of non-sense. Suge didn't like that Snoop and Dre was working together again. Death Row didn't clear Snoop to appear on Dr. Dre's "Zoom" track. That was gonna be kind of a launch for the Chronic 2001 album. Death Row tried to beat him up, cut his hair, kill him, ruin concerts of his, etc. Snoop got tired of that shit and I don't blame him. Now, Daz did go back to them back in late 1998 after he left for a second. Kurupt was on good terms with Death Row. That why during that time, there was no disses towards Kurupt. So, he was one of the few that was cool with both camps. Death Row tried to break up tha whole DPG with their bullshit. Like that 1999 ad for Dogg Pound Records. Suge homie Reggie did that silly shit, crossing Snoop and Nate Dogg name out. Even with Tha Dogg Pound's 2002 album, they tried it on there. Tha Suge and Daz fall out was over some non-sense. Plus, Daz stole some of those mastertapes. Once Daz and Snoop got back together, it was on from there. It was one thing to have Dre riding with Snoop thru it all but, to have Daz also was another. It became the old inmates versus the new inmates.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:56:12 PM by sms130 »