Author Topic: Question for Laker fans  (Read 1047 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Question for Laker fans
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »
This would apply to Spurs fans as well, but Im the only Spurs fan on here...so no need to ask.

I'm sure Spurs fans AND Laker fans would prefer to have the #1 seed in the West. BUT, whoever has the #1 seed will more than likely play OKC in the second round. Of course I'd rather us lock up homecourt throughout the playoffs...but I'd also rather play Dallas in the second round.

So for you Laker fans, would you rather the team really push to try and catch the Spurs....and get the #1 spot. Or maybe give a little rest to some starters and take the #2 seed...seeing as how Dallas looks like the easier second round matchup.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Re: Question for Laker fans
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
Oh...and dont give some bullshit arrogant "it doesnt matter, we are better than any team in history...Kobe is God" type answer either lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
i was happy to see the spurs slumpin', so dallas might get em in the second round and not the bitch ass lakers. either way, butler is a liar and won't be able to perform in the playoffs. i have no high hopes.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
Spurs and Lakers shouldn't be worried about playing OKC ... they're a tough team but not a serious contender ... they're better defensively since they acquired Perkins but they got worse offensively , they're basically playing 3 vs 5 on offense as you can help of Thabo and Perk , Ibaka offense is improving but he's no stud either .... you can focus on KD and RW , of course both very talented players but it won't be enough down the stretch

I think SAS would have more pb with Dallas than with OKC ... it's the contrary for LA but I don't see OKC  winning at Staples whereas
we have proven we are capable to win big games on the road

The Thunder is tough to beat at home though since the amount of Fts they get is disgusting ...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
and I got a question for you Daygo : why Pop refuses to play Splitter and keep playing weak ass Bonner who is a terrible defensive player ?  :grumpy:... I really don't care how efficiently he can hit the 3

dexter

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
go LAKERS

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »
and I got a question for you Daygo : why Pop refuses to play Splitter and keep playing weak ass Bonner who is a terrible defensive player ?  :grumpy:... I really don't care how efficiently he can hit the 3

Believe me, check out any Spurs forum..and you will see the same question. Bonner is a huge liability on D and the boards. Most Spurs forums are full of hatred towards Bonner lol. As for Splitter, Pop has always been funny about playing rookies too much. Our system sometimes takes veterans a whole year to adapt to, plus rookies tend to pick up a lot of ticky tack fouls. But I think most Spurs fans would like to see Splitter out there more. Dejuan Blair is a good hustle guy, but he just wont have the height to guard Bynum or Gasol if we meet up with the Lakers. McDyess is still a decent contributor, but he is older and still doesnt have Splitters size.

The only rationalization I can make for Bonner getting so many minutes is this. The Spurs have guards that like to penetrate. Parker, Ginobli, Hill. And even Jefferson who is a slasher that we just turned into a three point shooter. When you have Bonner on the floor, a big has to guard him. He can stretch the defense and make a big either leave the lane to guard him at the 3-point line (opening things up for our guards)...or give him a wide open 3. The problem is though, this means we have to score a lot of points.

Id like to see Splitter in the starting lineup with Duncan. We can go small with the second unit and use these guys as an energy group with Hill, Neal, Blair, Bonner, Mcdyess.

Oh, and I want them to get this Ryan Richards kid from England up to speed and maybe even on the roster next year.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
OKC can get 3rd too

i think it doesnt matter, all the 8 teams in the west are tough teams so u gotta beat the best to win it all anyways doesnt matter how easy the route is.  So u have to push for #1 to get home court advantage all the way thru to the finals. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:11 AM »
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Mavs
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets

that is pretty evident by now.

Lakers vs. Mavs could be a classic, but I'm afraid the Lakers will take it in 6 or maybe even 5 games.
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »
1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Mavs
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets

that is pretty evident by now.

Lakers vs. Mavs could be a classic, but I'm afraid the Lakers will take it in 6 or maybe even 5 games.

Yeah, I have been pulling for OKC to get that third spot. Id rather see the Mavs in the second round. But I think the seedings are pretty set right now.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »
it doesnt matter, we are better than any team in history...Kobe is God, u bitch

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:16:03 AM »
I'm starting to believe the Mavs are now willing to get the 4th seed lol. Which is gangsta. They are unlikely to play Thunder anyways. They don't have homecourt advantage against the Lakers or Spurs anyways. They suck against Portland and Denver equally. So who gives a shit? Just fuck it, and play the Spurs in the 2nd round instead of the Lakers. Everybody is happy, including the Spurs.
No, it's not a sin

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
Kobe wasn't god-like enough against the Warriors the other day  :P

BEAT LA

Too bad Steve Jack and the Bobcats couldnt sneak into the playoffs
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:02:54 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »
I'm starting to believe the Mavs are now willing to get the 4th seed lol. Which is gangsta. They are unlikely to play Thunder anyways. They don't have homecourt advantage against the Lakers or Spurs anyways. They suck against Portland and Denver equally. So who gives a shit? Just fuck it, and play the Spurs in the 2nd round instead of the Lakers. Everybody is happy, including the Spurs.

I want the Mavs. They are unravelling. If they slip to 4 they may very well lose to the nuggets

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
Yeah, but they could lose to Portland, too. Even Memphis is not THAT bad right now.

Considering how the Lakers are sucking dick right now, they might lose to OKC and SA, then fall to 3rd again. That'd be the shit.
No, it's not a sin