Author Topic: Question for Laker fans  (Read 1051 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Question for Laker fans
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:30 AM »
Damn Those lakers are devious.  Go on a 5 game losing streak to avoid the blazers and then not have home advantage in the finals or wcf.  Phil Jackson has done it again.

Lol you would think if the lakers wanted to lose games...they would at least rest kobe and not try so hard to win
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
were not tanking games, losers, we're just not going all out like we would if these were playoff games, considering we're locked in the 2nd spot. but yea, the blazer game was an obvious tank, cuz losing to them=avoiding them in the first round. if you really listened to 570am like u said u do, u woulda known that prior to the game, daygofag.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »
were not tanking games, losers, we're just not going all out like we would if these were playoff games, considering we're locked in the 2nd spot. but yea, the blazer game was an obvious tank, cuz losing to them=avoiding them in the first round. if you really listened to 570am like u said u do, u woulda known that prior to the game, daygofag.

nobody is going all out as if those were playoff games. lol..

locked in the 2nd spot? don't be so sure. you lose to the spurs and you're done. here come the blazers!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

nobody is going all out as if those were playoff games. lol..

locked in the 2nd spot? don't be so sure. you lose to the spurs and you're done. here come the blazers!

lol The Lakers arent locked into any spot. They are just locked out of the #1 spot. But SOMEhow they knew that ONE loss to the Blazers a few days ago would guarantee they wouldnt face them in the first round. When there is not even a guarantee on that, with 2 games left lol Pretty pathetic argument for anyone to say they arent trying, so that they can avoid Portland. They are just losing, period. It happens. And if my team was tanking it to avoid another team....Id be embarrassed.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »
Funniest thing is, they might get the Blazers or even Memphis (who are even better at the moment) regardless. If they keep losing (just to avoid the Blazers, of course), they might even get Denver lmfao. Go Spurs, handle the slumping Lakers, so they can avoid the Blazers and lose homecourt in the second round  8)
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:45 AM »
Lakers are not tanking , they're just losing games... it happens to every team 

the pb is this team as well as Phil is too cocky and overconfident ... why the hell are you not even trying (read resting the key players too much) to secure the 2nd spot  against the D-League version of the Jazz and the Warriors ?

Now they put them in a situation they don't have any choice  to win the last two games ... they played with effort against the Thunder but they fucked up in the last 2 mins of the game and Phil played the 2nd unit way too many minutes ... again

I'm not worried about the playoffs , the only thing I will remember from this 5 games losing streak is we lost HCA against the Heat .. if it comes back to bite us in June , this team couldn't blame anything but itself

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 05:53:37 AM »
You also potentially lost HCA against the Mavs! You arrogant ass! This MATTERS!!!  :-[
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »

the pb is this team as well as Phil is too cocky and overconfident ... why the hell are you not even trying (read resting the key players too much) to secure the 2nd spot  against the D-League version of the Jazz and the Warriors ?

Now they put them in a situation they don't have any choice  to win the last two games ... they played with effort against the Thunder but they fucked up in the last 2 mins of the game and Phil played the 2nd unit way too many minutes ... again

I'm not worried about the playoffs , the only thing I will remember from this 5 games losing streak is we lost HCA against the Heat .. if it comes back to bite us in June , this team couldn't blame anything but itself

Ive said it a million times tho man, Phil is overrated. He has just been blessed with very good talent. He doesnt even manage players minutes well. Its good to rest your key players, especially coming down the stretch here. But there are times and places to do it. A lot of Laker fans have been saying the Spurs are gonna burn out because they have been playing at a high level since game 1. But look how Popovich has managed his players minutes ALL season long. Thats how you do it. Duncan is playing career lows in minutes during the regular season. Mcdyess has been rested a ton. Ginobli. Even Parker.

Im not sure how much the Spurs will really put out there tonight against the Lakers. So LA still has a good shot to win its last two. We want to get that #1 seed overall still, over the Bulls. But I dont know if Pop will be willing to really let his players go to war tonight, considering the Lakers need this game and will come to play...and we dont really need it.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »

Ive said it a million times tho man, Phil is overrated. He has just been blessed with very good talent. He doesnt even manage players minutes well. Its good to rest your key players, especially coming down the stretch here. But there are times and places to do it. A lot of Laker fans have been saying the Spurs are gonna burn out because they have been playing at a high level since game 1. But look how Popovich has managed his players minutes ALL season long. Thats how you do it. Duncan is playing career lows in minutes during the regular season. Mcdyess has been rested a ton. Ginobli. Even Parker.

Im not sure how much the Spurs will really put out there tonight against the Lakers. So LA still has a good shot to win its last two. We want to get that #1 seed overall still, over the Bulls. But I dont know if Pop will be willing to really let his players go to war tonight, considering the Lakers need this game and will come to play...and we dont really need it.
Fisher: playing least amount of mpg since 03-04
Kobe: playing least amount of mpg since being a starter
Gasol: playing least amount of mpg since his first year with the Lakers

Lakers are just as rested.

Both Parker and Ginobli have played more mpg this season than they did last year.

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

Both Parker and Ginobli have played more mpg this season than they did last year.

Just because your older players are playing LESS minutes, doesnt necessarily mean their minutes are being managed well. As far as Parker and Ginobli, thats a little misleading considering they dealt with all year last year.

I like when Laker fans come to Phils defense so quickly, but then if I were to say Phil is the reason for the championships, they will instead come to Kobe's defense. Like Ive said before, the first three titles in LA with Phil...Shaqs team. These last two, Kobe. Phil has just been along for the ride.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »

Just because your older players are playing LESS minutes, doesnt necessarily mean their minutes are being managed well. As far as Parker and Ginobli, thats a little misleading considering they dealt with all year last year.

I like when Laker fans come to Phils defense so quickly, but then if I were to say Phil is the reason for the championships, they will instead come to Kobe's defense. Like Ive said before, the first three titles in LA with Phil...Shaqs team. These last two, Kobe. Phil has just been along for the ride.
You can say that about any coach. Pop had Duncan, Pat had Magic, Red had Russell.

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »

Just because your older players are playing LESS minutes, doesnt necessarily mean their minutes are being managed well. As far as Parker and Ginobli, thats a little misleading considering the injuries they dealt with all year last year.

You can say that about any coach. Pop had Duncan, Pat had Magic, Red had Russell.

You could. But I didnt hear Laker fans (or any fans for that matter) lining up to praise Phil when he was the coach of the Bulls. It was Jordans team. Remember how everyone would say that Jordan was the real coach of those teams? That Jordan was running the show? Then when Phil becomes the Lakers coach, every Laker fan all of a sudden changes their tune about Phil...but still somehow likes to try and compare Kobe to Jordan lol If Phil wasnt even running the show in Chicago, but has to be this AMAZING....GOAT coach in LA with Kobe, what does that say about Kobe? You cant play both sides of the fence. I think if you put Phil on a bad team, he would be a bad coach. In his situation, I give more credit to the players on the court. Shaq, Kobe, etc are the ones responsible for these championships....not Phil and his highchair.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

Just because your older players are playing LESS minutes, doesnt necessarily mean their minutes are being managed well. As far as Parker and Ginobli, thats a little misleading considering the injuries they dealt with all year last year.

You could. But I didnt hear Laker fans (or any fans for that matter) lining up to praise Phil when he was the coach of the Bulls. It was Jordans team. Remember how everyone would say that Jordan was the real coach of those teams? That Jordan was running the show? Then when Phil becomes the Lakers coach, every Laker fan all of a sudden changes their tune about Phil...but still somehow likes to try and compare Kobe to Jordan lol If Phil wasnt even running the show in Chicago, but has to be this AMAZING....GOAT coach in LA with Kobe, what does that say about Kobe? You cant play both sides of the fence. I think if you put Phil on a bad team, he would be a bad coach. In his situation, I give more credit to the players on the court. Shaq, Kobe, etc are the ones responsible for these championships....not Phil and his highchair.
The Bulls had the GOAT and a deep roseter. The Lakers 3peat team wasn't as talented as the 90s Bulls, so I think that's why Phil gets more credit for the Lakers success. It's the same with the current team. He took a team that hadn't even make the playoffs and now they are trying to go for yet another 3peat. Every stint, the team he takes over is weaker and weaker, but Phil keeps keeps on finding ways to win championships. Keep in mind Phil was able to get 55 wins out of the Bulls in 1994 and almost made the ECF without Jordan.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
LMAO@this clown... Phil Jax>>>Riles>>>Popazit. take that bs elsewhere, son.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
LMAO@this clown... Phil Jax>>>Riles>>>Popazit. take that bs elsewhere, son.

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens