Author Topic: Apparently many women feel sad/depressed after sex  (Read 443 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Apparently many women feel sad/depressed after sex
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/0401/sad-in-the-sack-do-you-have-post-sex-depression.aspx

It’s not unusual to feel a little bummed after a less-than-toe-curling romp in the hay, but one-third of women said they’ve felt depressed even after satisfactory sex, according to a new Australian study in the International Journal of Sexual Health. The condition, officially called post-coital dysphoria, affects 10 percent of women regularly, the researchers found.

Could you be experiencing post-sex depression? Symptoms include feelings of sadness, anxiety, regret, restlessness, and irritability after a sexual encounter.

“There’s no doubt that many men and women swear that they have these negative feelings after sex, and occasionally after masturbation,” says Debby Herbenick, PhD, associate director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind. Although the Australian study looked at college-age women, post-coital dysphoria isn’t limited to coeds.

“It can affect older women and men too,” says Michael Krychman, MD, a gynecologist and executive director of the Southern California Center for Sexual Health and Survivorship in Newport Beach, Calif. Dr. Krychman, who has treated patients of all ages with post-sex blues, describes the feeling as “buyer’s remorse.”

Some adults have mixed feelings about sex — from their upbringing, religion, or other influences — and may experience guilt or frustration after a sexual encounter. This may especially be a factor in people prone to sex-addictive behavior, says Krychman, “who can have a huge let-down after orgasm.”

What Causes Post-Coital Blues?

Researchers don’t know for sure, but Krychman theorizes that hormonal shifts after orgasm — the same changes that sometimes trigger post-sex headaches — could be to blame.

It’s also possible that sex is raising other issues in your relationship or life outside of the bedroom.

“If you feel unhappy right after having sex, try to figure out where those feelings are coming from,” Dr. Herbenick advises. “Are you upset with your partner? Are you having self-esteem or body issues? Are you sad about other things in your life?”

Both experts agree it’s important not to dismiss your feelings, and to address any something’s-not-right emotions with your partner. If you often feel sad after sex and can’t pinpoint why, Herbenick suggests talking to your doctor and getting support from a counselor or sex therapist.

women..... ::)

I feel great after sex. Lol but I've felt this way after masturbating when I think to myself wtf am I doing?

Sikotic™

Re: Apparently many women feel sad/depressed after sex
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
I understand their pain. I've fucked a couple of hogs in my day and the moment after I nutted, I felt sadness in my heart as the blood flowed from my penile tissue.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
if your fucking her right she wont have time to feel depressed that ass is gonna be sleep.

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
if your fucking her right she wont have time to feel depressed that ass is gonna be sleep.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »
this is why eatin pussy is so important

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
i remember after I did it with a girl a few years back, afterwards she just std on the bad crying for bout 40 mins

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
i remember after I did it with a girl a few years back, afterwards she just std on the bad crying for bout 40 mins

Lmao I guess you had a critic.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
that would fuck my head up if a girl cried right after i tapped that ass.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
that would fuck my head up if a girl cried right after i tapped that ass.

Depends on the kind of cryin

Sitting Indian style on the floor, crying, with a full on face-palm goin on = bad
Curled up in the fetal position at the edge of the bed, crying, and sucking her thumb = good

I've had a girl cum so hard she cried before. Thats the shit, you could kill her mother at that point....and she wouldnt leave you lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »

see I try not to start the fuck session til 1, then it goes to 2 maybe 3 and by that time she just wants to go to sleep, satisfied or not.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
Bottom line, did you bust a nut? That's the win.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
i remember after I did it with raped a girl a few years back, afterwards she just std on the bad crying for bout 40 mins

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:28:25 AM »
When I release them from my basement, they cry tears of joy.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »

relation to fritzel then? :o

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:16 AM »

relation to fritzel then? :o
We do look alike:

THA SAUCE HOUSE