Author Topic: New Bishop Lamont Interview  (Read 1114 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: New Bishop Lamont Interview
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
this bitch ONLY got mentioned in the first place because he was sucking Dre's dick, now that Dre dropped his ass let's just stop talking about this bum
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 03:37:41 AM »
this bitch ONLY got mentioned in the first place because he was sucking Dre's dick, now that Dre dropped his ass let's just stop talking about this bum

wow that's pretty harsh words from someone who has followed his career religiously and listened to and reviewed every song of his. I mean you even listened to his post-Aftermath street album, so you're not following your own advice.

Mietek23

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »

Coming from a faggot with Snoop's nuts in your own mouth..

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »
Thanks for posting this. Real talk, as usual, from Bishop. I respect dude more and more as time goes by.

I know you're probably only saying that 'cause you're trying to promote him, but I still agree with you

If he wasn't relevant why would you be in this thread or being interviewed by allhip-hop? 

Anyways, Bishop usually humorous and that's all I get when I read that DUBCNN interview.  I don't get that he's bitter.  He usually talks silly shit like that.  Perhaps it's his add and his style of humour y'all ain't picking up on.

I like some of his music so I peeped the interview/thread? That has nothin to do with bein relevant or not.

I just dont see him as being relevant anymore. you never see or hear people fiendin for a new Bishop joint? = irrelevant.

I don't 'fiend' for any artist, but Bishop is one I definitely check for
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:12:35 AM by Get It Off Ya Chest »

Matty

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
some real talk, good interview.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 06:00:58 PM »
If he wasn't relevant why would you be in this thread or being interviewed by allhip-hop? 

Anyways, Bishop usually humorous and that's all I get when I read that DUBCNN interview.  I don't get that he's bitter.  He usually talks silly shit like that.  Perhaps it's his add and his style of humour y'all ain't picking up on.

I like some of his music so I peeped the interview/thread? That has nothin to do with bein relevant or not.

I just dont see him as being relevant anymore. you never see or hear people fiendin for a new Bishop joint? = irrelevant.

Do you know how many MCs would be irrelevant then?  Look, REKS is probably my favorite MC to hear spit but I never hear anyone "fiend" for his joint.  So he's irrelevant yet he hasn't even been interviewed by allhip-hop.  The mere fact he's being interviewed shows he's relevant.  On a mainstream level?  No, and possibly never.  But, in hip-hop Bishop Lamont is relevant.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »

Anyways, Bishop usually humorous and that's all I get when I read that DUBCNN interview.  I don't get that he's bitter.  He usually talks silly shit like that.  Perhaps it's his add and his style of humour y'all ain't picking up on.

Do you know how many MCs would be irrelevant then?  Look, REKS is probably my favorite MC to hear spit but I never hear anyone "fiend" for his joint.  So he's irrelevant yet he hasn't even been interviewed by allhip-hop.  The mere fact he's being interviewed shows he's relevant.  On a mainstream level?  No, and possibly never.  But, in hip-hop Bishop Lamont is relevant.

I disagree. Relevance has nothing to do with quality.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »

Anyways, Bishop usually humorous and that's all I get when I read that DUBCNN interview.  I don't get that he's bitter.  He usually talks silly shit like that.  Perhaps it's his add and his style of humour y'all ain't picking up on.

Do you know how many MCs would be irrelevant then?  Look, REKS is probably my favorite MC to hear spit but I never hear anyone "fiend" for his joint.  So he's irrelevant yet he hasn't even been interviewed by allhip-hop.  The mere fact he's being interviewed shows he's relevant.  On a mainstream level?  No, and possibly never.  But, in hip-hop Bishop Lamont is relevant.

uh, what are you talking about?  I didn't mention quality at all?
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »

So what are you talking about then? Reks has been interviewed by allhiphop. Being interviewed by a hip hop website doesn't make an artist relevant in the game if most people don't know who they are

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »

So what are you talking about then? Reks has been interviewed by allhiphop. Being interviewed by a hip hop website doesn't make an artist relevant in the game if most people don't know who they are

Has Reks been interviewed by AllHip-Hop?  I was unaware of this. 

My point is you have a degree of relevancy if you're interviewed by one of the larger, I'm assuming, hip-hop sites.  Is it the same degree as being on the radio or tv?  No, but you're still relevant to hip-hop.  Some of y'all must not know how many people attempt to be musicians and make it in the industry.  If y'all did then y'all would have to understand being interviewed by allhip-hop is relatively relevant. 
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »
lmao, being somewhat more known than a myspace rapper does not make you relevant in the hip hop game. Its not like Allhiphop draws some limit to the popularity of the artists they will interview. Bishop was only relevant because he was Dre's protege and now that those ties are cut he hasn't made a splash on his own. I wouldn't call Reks relevant either but his albums have received more attention than Bishop's street albums.

Reks:
http://allhiphop.com/stories/breedingground/archive/2009/05/28/21619545.aspx
http://allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/archive/2011/02/18/22588120.aspx

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
Somewhat more known than a myspace rapper?  Damn, you're harsh.

Again I think y'alls perspective is twisted on just how many people there are trying to make it and heavily bent towards the very few that do. 

At the end of the day, fuck relevancy.  It doesn't mean you make good music.  Note, I'm not saying if you're relevant you make bad music.
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
At the end of the day, fuck relevancy.  It doesn't mean you make good music.  Note, I'm not saying if you're relevant you make bad music.

isn't that what I just said 2 posts ago?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »
I enjoyed that interview with DubCnn because he basically said fuck y'all for asking me the same questions

Loved this part,

Dubcnn: So, do you still remain in contact with Dre, and/or your friends and, former, label-mates; i.e., Em, 50, etcetera? If so, when's the last time any of you all spoke? And, is there any chance of a reunion, either on stage and/or wax?

This question is very gay, but the cats that I still fuck with from over there know who they are. And, as far as any records or on stage, you'll find out when it happens!! *More laughs follow*
come on, he didn't have a problem with all the interviews when he was still on aftermath.
dubcnn did a lot for him, he should be thankful.

nah he seems pissed

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »

isn't that what I just said 2 posts ago?

Did you?  I obviously wasn't paying much attention.  COMMUNICATION FAILURE.  I agree though.
- Banks