Author Topic: Benefit...The next Eminem?  (Read 493 times)

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Benefit...The next Eminem?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 06:45:35 PM »
I just downloaded 3 of his songs...some freestyle over Super Mario Bros. music, So Sick and Proceed with Caution...he is pretty good...

Doggystylin

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2003, 07:38:17 PM »
isnt he the same dude who does that super mario track? lmao that shit was hilarious

Quakaveli

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2003, 09:33:26 PM »
Man Benefit iz dope...yaeh he won that Napster hip-hop contest...I didnt know he was unsigned, I though that contest gave the winner a record deal. Hes definitely dope-dope flow dope voice dope lyrics. That proceed with caution song iz a underground classic I love that track...mario bro rap iz funny not that lyrical and the third song I got by him iz 420 verified..napster song promoting napster lol. I heard he makes hiz beats iz it true? And an interesting thing about him iz that he started out jus like me and NIK and all deez onlnie rappers...with a 15 dolla mic n a computer. dope huh?

Edeya and abilities...they ok ive only heard that BIG SHOTS song by em...wasnt too amazed.

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2003, 12:37:25 AM »
if he's a battle rapper that's probably why he's not signed... i mean be honest with yourselves... eminem wasn't the greatest freestyle battle rapper ever... he was good enough to be better than most of the scrubs he faced but he's not in the top of the top... eminem is a great writer and producer and studio artist

people like supernat, juice, canibus etc... can't make a decent studio album for shit... and have you heard some of Jin's new shit, it's awful.  true battle rappers are just that and what the industry needs to do is hold some real high profile high stakes battles on a regular basis to feed the battle part of the culture cause ain't none of them ever gonna go platinum... benefit included

i mean i've defeated all the pitiful talent that i've ever battled and i ain't nutin special... i got flow and i got above average freestyle lyricism... but i'd get smoked in a "real" battle with the top talent... but i can make a complete song and that's the difference
« Last Edit: March 11, 2003, 12:40:40 AM by Bishop »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2003, 11:01:51 AM »
What about eyedea and slug?

eyedea is dope.....more of a freestyler....but Slug is way overrated....I have God Loves Ugly and its pretty bad..... no deep lyrics just crap...also lots of dickryding

I disagree

I though Godlovesugly was deep and dope plus wellwritten and I really liked the beats

as for Benefit ya he's dope as fuck and got mad lyrical talent, Proceed wit Caution and So Sick are nuthin but heat.

he told me he was about to get signed so we may just have to wait

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2003, 02:15:23 PM »
Man Benefit iz dope...yaeh he won that Napster hip-hop contest...I didnt know he was unsigned, I though that contest gave the winner a record deal. Hes definitely dope-dope flow dope voice dope lyrics. That proceed with caution song iz a underground classic I love that track...mario bro rap iz funny not that lyrical and the third song I got by him iz 420 verified..napster song promoting napster lol. I heard he makes hiz beats iz it true? And an interesting thing about him iz that he started out jus like me and NIK and all deez onlnie rappers...with a 15 dolla mic n a computer. dope huh?

Edeya and abilities...they ok ive only heard that BIG SHOTS song by em...wasnt too amazed.

Yes, He does make his own beats. He samples a lot though...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2003, 02:21:35 PM »
if he's a battle rapper that's probably why he's not signed... i mean be honest with yourselves... eminem wasn't the greatest freestyle battle rapper ever... he was good enough to be better than most of the scrubs he faced but he's not in the top of the top... eminem is a great writer and producer and studio artist

people like supernat, juice, canibus etc... can't make a decent studio album for shit... and have you heard some of Jin's new shit, it's awful.  true battle rappers are just that and what the industry needs to do is hold some real high profile high stakes battles on a regular basis to feed the battle part of the culture cause ain't none of them ever gonna go platinum... benefit included

i mean i've defeated all the pitiful talent that i've ever battled and i ain't nutin special... i got flow and i got above average freestyle lyricism... but i'd get smoked in a "real" battle with the top talent... but i can make a complete song and that's the difference

Well, who said Benefit can't make a complete song? Look at Eminem...He started battle-rapping, but later on expanded his horizens and subject matter...Benefit can go the same way Eminem went...I heard some tracks from Benefit that actually had meaning to them as well...What you said is true to a certain extent, but I don't agree that a Battle-Rapper can't blow up...He also does Comedy Rap which is popular nowadays...I can easliy see him blowing up with the Comedy Rap style he brings...Put him in a studio with Dr. Dre, and I guarantee he'll come out with something mindblowing...PeAcE

thriller

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2003, 02:30:50 PM »
likE OmG WtF about pOverty like omg he is sooooooooooooo tight

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2003, 03:42:12 PM »
This is a thread about Benefit, not white rappers... ::)

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2003, 05:53:29 PM »
Super Mario flow is hilarious and the Zelda flow is not too bad...

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Benefit...The next Eminem?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »
good call NIK good  call
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens