Author Topic: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today  (Read 940 times)

OG Hack Wilson

4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
and it was a 1-1 tie

lmao @ investing 90 minutes to watching a 1-1 tie when you could've watched some NBA playoffs or MLB regular season
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
4 million? I'm sure it was way more. maybe 4 million people from the US. soccer is great, you should try it. beats baseball any day.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
beats baseball any day.

lol, hard.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
Gotta love those 1-1 ties. I celebrate for a solid week drenched in champange after those victories ties.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
Gotta love those 1-1 ties. I celebrate for a solid week drenched in champange after those victories ties.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

theremedy360

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
I'm not one to bash on soccer excessively but the fact that games end in ties so commonly is baffling to me.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »
I'm not one to bash on soccer excessively but the fact that games end in ties so commonly is baffling to me.

unlike MLB, NBA and NFL games

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
Real Madrid-Barca?  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »
Us as americans will never get soccer completely just like non-americans will never get football completely (although its more likely for them)

The world cup was cool but other than that i could give a shit about some soccer game on tv
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:47:16 PM »
Well, I watched a 5-1 and a 3:0 yesterday 8)

and lol @ baseball.  :laugh:

Basketball is a cool sport, but not fun to watch.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:50:44 PM by Kaiser »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 01:09:54 AM »
It can be a thrilling match and still turn out 0-0

kemizt

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:34 AM »
The world cup was cool but other than that i could give a shit about some soccer game on tv

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
Honestly, if you think about it, if a team knows they can win a shoot-out, they could just play nothing but defense & then force a 0-0 finish lol.

So stupid you run around for 90+ minutes & then decide the game by taking shots that even Soccer fans will tell you is "pure luck".

I always used to think that shit was like 50-50, but my friends explained to me how its like 80-20 in favor of the kicker. That's so stupid.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »
Honestly, if you think about it, if a team knows they can win a shoot-out, they could just play nothing but defense & then force a 0-0 finish lol.

So stupid you run around for 90+ minutes & then decide the game by taking shots that even Soccer fans will tell you is "pure luck".

I always used to think that shit was like 50-50, but my friends explained to me how its like 80-20 in favor of the kicker. That's so stupid.

You can try to force a 0-0, but it's really risky. It could work once or twice if you have a really good defense, but you couldn't win a world cup with straight shoot-outs. Shoot-outs are really rare outside world cups anyway, there are none in the national leagues and  few in the CL.
And it's not pure luck. It requires really strong nerves by the shooter and the goalie makes a big difference. If a shot is really really perfect you can't do much as a gk. But a good gk can make a huge difference, the presence of a strong gk alone can be intimidating and your own shooters will feel more secure if they can rely on their keeper. Example: Germany always had strong gk's and we've never lost a shoot-out to date, while England always has pathetic goalies and they'll get scared if you only mention the word 'shoot-out'.

Robert Enke saved 10 out of 23 penalties in the national league, I wouldn't call that pure luck...

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
LOL @ americans who STILL dont understand soccer....its not rocket science....whats funnier is when people cant understand how a player can both play for his CLUB and COUNTRY.........they're like so messi plays for barcelona? then they see him play for argentina and they say; oh so he plays for argentina and not barcelona? how does that work....LOL