Author Topic: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today  (Read 942 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
LOL @ americans who STILL dont understand soccer....its not rocket science....whats funnier is when people cant understand how a player can both play for his CLUB and COUNTRY.........they're like so messi plays for barcelona? then they see him play for argentina and they say; oh so he plays for argentina and not barcelona? how does that work....LOL
It's not like Americans don't do the exact same thing for every team sport in the Olympics. ::) I find it hard to believe an American can't understand how Jordan was able to play for Team USA AND the Chicago Bulls? It just makes no sense.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
i COMPLETELY understand soccer

it's just not fun to watch.  its fucking BORING

nba, nfl and mlb are much more exciting
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
LOL @ americans who STILL dont understand soccer....its not rocket science....whats funnier is when people cant understand how a player can both play for his CLUB and COUNTRY.........they're like so messi plays for barcelona? then they see him play for argentina and they say; oh so he plays for argentina and not barcelona? how does that work....LOL

LOL, that could be the easiest concept.

Also, depending on who told you they didn't understand that, the easiest way to put it is, it's just a lame ass sport we won't ever respect.

You shouldn't be "loling" that "Americans STILL don't understand Soccer", you should be disappointed that the greatest country doesn't even acknowledge it to know who plays where. :D

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

When i say we as americans dont get it, i mean we dont get whats so great about it.

I really doubt theres a huge group of americans so dumb they couldnt understand soccer if they tried.

Ive seen worse and more uneducated arguments as to why soccer is better than football on here anyway.  Most football fans just say soccer is boring while ive read on here soccer fans trying to say how because you use your feet in soccer and its constant running as opposed to "just people hitting each" other its a better sport, what the fuck lol.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:27:22 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »
so watch baseball or basketball you hater. ohhh what a dunk ::)

Tekniec

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »
ohhh what a goal! 1-0 the final score ::)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »
you are a canadian tranny who is butt buddies  with Elano
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Tekniec

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
you are a canadian tranny who is butt buddies  with Elano
lol you know youre a fuckin loser for being buddies with elano.. fuckin queers

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
+1    sledding 60's is the Canadian Elano basically

'EclipZe

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
it's el classico, of course many people are gonna watch it.... the first one sucked though, lame ass real madrid with their defensive approach!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
What I don't get is the damn need to diss other's people favorite sports. I'm mainly a baseball, soccer, and boxing fan.  I still enjoy watching the NFL, occasional college football game, certain NBA playoff games, March Madness and a few other things.  I don't watch hockey, it just never clicked with me.  But I'm not gonna sit here and fucking diss the people that like it. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »
^Don't lie. Hockey just never clicked with you because it's boring. I agree. Hockey is boring. Now they want to take hard hits out of the sport, it'll die even further.

Soccer is the same way for most of us. But at least Hockey had fighting.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
What I don't get is the damn need to diss other's people favorite sports. I'm mainly a baseball, soccer, and boxing fan.  I still enjoy watching the NFL, occasional college football game, certain NBA playoff games, March Madness and a few other things.  I don't watch hockey, it just never clicked with me.  But I'm not gonna sit here and fucking diss the people that like it. 

Obviously some people are butthurt because their American sports are not the most popular in the world.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »
^Don't lie. Hockey just never clicked with you because it's boring. I agree. Hockey is boring. Now they want to take hard hits out of the sport, it'll die even further.

Soccer is the same way for most of us. But at least Hockey had fighting.

It just didn't click.  I don't know about boring though.  If something is boring, it means I literally wouldn't be able to watch it.  I've gone to hockey games in person, and that was really entertaining.  I've seen a few of them on TV and I'm still able to be entertained by it, it just didn't click for me to be a follower. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »

Obviously some people are butthurt because their American sports are not the most popular in the world.

More like laughing out asses off that you guys can't play any other sport. Look at it like this, if we pull off some crazy miracle in four years & win the World Cup, we still won't give a fuck, if that makes you feel any better lol. I never understood that, "we're not good, so we ignore it" thing. In the World Baseball Classic we didn't do that well at all, but for some reason it's still one of top sports in this country. When we lost like five years ago in Basketball, didn't even place in the World games, Basketball's popularity didn't plummet. When we made it the Finals, almost beating Canada (the king of Hockey) in the Olympics, Hockey didn't become increasingly popular.

So why is it that we don't like Soccer because we don't win at it? Sounds more to me that you just can't cover up the fact that it's boring lol.

& above all, if you're going to claim it's a "World" sport, why are you claiming it like it's European? Did America get removed off of the World map or something?