Author Topic: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today  (Read 943 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: 4 million peoplewatched a soccer game today
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »
What I don't get is the damn need to diss other's people favorite sports. I'm mainly a baseball, soccer, and boxing fan.  I still enjoy watching the NFL, occasional college football game, certain NBA playoff games, March Madness and a few other things.  I don't watch hockey, it just never clicked with me.  But I'm not gonna sit here and fucking diss the people that like it. 

Obviously some people are butthurt because their American sports are not the most popular in the world.

More like laughing out asses off that you guys can't play any other sport. Look at it like this, if we pull off some crazy miracle in four years & win the World Cup, we still won't give a fuck, if that makes you feel any better lol. I never understood that, "we're not good, so we ignore it" thing. In the World Baseball Classic we didn't do that well at all, but for some reason it's still one of top sports in this country. When we lost like five years ago in Basketball, didn't even place in the World games, Basketball's popularity didn't plummet. When we made it the Finals, almost beating Canada (the king of Hockey) in the Olympics, Hockey didn't become increasingly popular.

So why is it that we don't like Soccer because we don't win at it? Sounds more to me that you just can't cover up the fact that it's boring lol.

& above all, if you're going to claim it's a "World" sport, why are you claiming it like it's European? Did America get removed off of the World map or something?

Ehm, I think you misunderstood sth.
And Europeans can't play other sports? ??? lmao you have serious issues

sorry but I gotta go now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
What I don't get is the damn need to diss other's people favorite sports. I'm mainly a baseball, soccer, and boxing fan.  I still enjoy watching the NFL, occasional college football game, certain NBA playoff games, March Madness and a few other things.  I don't watch hockey, it just never clicked with me.  But I'm not gonna sit here and fucking diss the people that like it. 

Obviously some people are butthurt because their American sports are not the most popular in the world.

More like laughing out asses off that you guys can't play any other sport. Look at it like this, if we pull off some crazy miracle in four years & win the World Cup, we still won't give a fuck, if that makes you feel any better lol. I never understood that, "we're not good, so we ignore it" thing. In the World Baseball Classic we didn't do that well at all, but for some reason it's still one of top sports in this country. When we lost like five years ago in Basketball, didn't even place in the World games, Basketball's popularity didn't plummet. When we made it the Finals, almost beating Canada (the king of Hockey) in the Olympics, Hockey didn't become increasingly popular.

So why is it that we don't like Soccer because we don't win at it? Sounds more to me that you just can't cover up the fact that it's boring lol.

& above all, if you're going to claim it's a "World" sport, why are you claiming it like it's European? Did America get removed off of the World map or something?

Makes sense, after shutting down the whole "you don't win, you're elitist, you need to or you hate it" argument. ;)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

Makes sense, after shutting down the whole "you don't win, you're elitist, you need to or you hate it" argument. ;)

that's your interpretation. Where did I say that you don't like football because you're not successful at it? (I think America does quite good, and with more infrastructure/ experienced coaches it could become a might)

Basicially, I just said

that you hate/ diss football all the time, because it's the most popular sport in the world. If American football, baseball and basketball would be the no. 1,2 and 3 sports in the world, you wouldn't make 1237 threads about football per year. Envy comes from success. Since making countless threads about sth/sb is called being 'butthurt' here, I would call it this way.
I know you will turn it arround now and say that you only do it because we would get pissed about it, whatever makes you sleep at night.
I think golf is boring, but do I hate on it all the time?

But it may also result from the general resentment against Europe here.

Whatever, I'm done with this thread 8) cya

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
Why are you lot always bitching about 'soccer'? If you don't like 'soccer' then don't watch it, it's really that simple. I don't like Baseball so guess what, i don't watch it. It's really not that difficult to understand

Also what exactly is so bad about draws? I've seen games finish 2-1 which were shite while i've seen games finish 0-0 which were awesome, you lot do get that 'soccer' is played in leagues where you get points for Wins/Draws right? When it's knockout it's either two legs or Overtime & Penalties

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
I think Golf is a cool sport. Especially to be play. But you won't see me sitting here saying it's the best sport ever because my country can't play any other sports.

Stop acting like your love for Soccer isn't PURELY based on some nationalistic shit. The entire country pulls for it, hence you follow your country. If Soccer was dominated by Americans & Europeans played Baseball or Football & your country still supported those sports like they did Soccer, you'd be in this very thread today shitting on Soccer & saying how Baseball is the best.

Soccer is based on "my country > your country", don't front.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »

lol okay well when you actually think about it isn't that really your reason for defending Americas major sports, since in reality no one else plays them on a major level hence why you're all 'world' champions not domestic ones?

You honestly think that all these countries support 'soccer' simply because of national pride and not because they simply enjoy the sport? lol If that was the case then people would only ever watch International matches and no one would give a shit about all the domestic leagues or cups, and obviously that isn't the case

Also what's with the whole 'your country can't play any other sports' ? LOL like in the last decade we haven't been World Champs in Rugby/Cricket, won Gold Medals at Olympics, No.1 Golfer or even GBR having the No.4 Tennis player in the world? You can say all these sports don't mean shit, hopefully when you say that you'll understand that that's how we (and most of the world) feel about NBA/MLB/NFL/Hockey

Raphael

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
I like football but a game between 2 teams from a country that i have no connection with just doesnt excite me even if Messi or whoever is considered the best is playing.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »
I think Golf is a cool sport. Especially to be play. But you won't see me sitting here saying it's the best sport ever because my country can't play any other sports.

Stop acting like your love for Soccer isn't PURELY based on some nationalistic shit. The entire country pulls for it, hence you follow your country. If Soccer was dominated by Americans & Europeans played Baseball or Football & your country still supported those sports like they did Soccer, you'd be in this very thread today shitting on Soccer & saying how Baseball is the best.

Majority of soccer fans prefer club play over international play. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
lol @ acting like "club play" isn't just the city inside the country.

Like I root for the USA in the World Baseball Classic, but I root for New York over Boston in MLB. There are obviously in-state rivals & you rep your city over another one.

& lol, this nigga said "cricket champions". Just look at the sports you mentioned. Nobody but Europeans & Indians truly play cricket seriously. Golf is a sport invented Europeans, I would hope one of you could play that lol. Tennis is a sport for rich White people, nobody said Europeans were poor & you and us dominate that shit. Why didn't you say Polo champions too? In all seriousness, you bragging about cricket & having the fourth best golfer, despite inventing the sport is like Looney coming in here & saying Asians can't be fucked with in ping-pong.

Funny too. Europe is made up of a bunch of countries, so it's like 15 countries just against America. The law of averages says that some of you guys from across the pond HAVE to be able to compete.

& Baseball can't be pure nationalism because Baseball is played by a majority of immigrants, half who came here illegally, yet we're out there rooting for them because we love the sport.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »

Like I root for the USA in the World Baseball Classic, but I root for New York over Boston in MLB. There are obviously in-state rivals & you rep your city over another one.

It's not driven by pride of the country thoughHere's an example.  If Barcelona were to go to the Champions League Final vs Manchester United, then Real Madrid fans would rather see Manchester United win.  The only pride that I see being mentioned sometimes is the strength of the league.  It's similar to how people react to the different conferences in college sports.  SEC vs Pac 10 etc blah blah. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »

It's not driven by pride of the country thoughHere's an example.  If Barcelona were to go to the Champions League Final vs Manchester United, then Real Madrid fans would rather see Manchester United win.  The only pride that I see being mentioned sometimes is the strength of the league.  It's similar to how people react to the different conferences in college sports.  SEC vs Pac 10 etc blah blah. 

Just like I'd rather see the Rays win a World Series over the Mets, despite the Mets being from New York. Or how I root my ass off for basically any team that plays the Giants, in Football.

You never want to see your neighbor win because you have to deal with those fans more often than somebody from a country hundreds of miles away.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:44:03 PM by Chamillitary Click, literally. »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
So how does that disprove that fans prefer club play over international play from a soccer fan? 

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
So Cricket, despite being bigger than Baseball and NFL, is irrelevant because Europe and Asians play it, that's like me saying well NFL/NBA is irrelevant because its mainly played by black Americans ::) And Golf/Tennis is irrelevant because the people who play it, invented it and aren't poor ? LOL What?

So if we're shit at all these irrelevant sports, what is America good at? Not counting Baseball/NFL since you invented it and Basketball/Ice Hockey/Tennis/ Golf doesn't count since they were invented by white people who aren't poor, so obviously they're all irrelevant by your logic

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »
Just because something is not part of your culture doesn't mean it sucks ... it's called not being narrow-minded and aware of the culture diversity around the world ... 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
Just because something is not part of your culture doesn't mean it sucks ... it's called not being narrow-minded and aware of the culture diversity around the world ... 

Son, don't put words in my mouth for the sake of your argument. I love plenty of things from other cultures. I don't like Soccer, period. It's boring. That's all I said. You're the ones who took it to heart.