Author Topic: Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost in Space  (Read 922 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost in Space
« on: January 09, 2003, 09:07:00 PM »
Kool Keith – Black Elvis/Lost in Space

1. Intro…Keith does a spoken intro for the first minute and then fades into a flow that sounds like a freestyle, but is tight ass hell.  Production fit lyrics well.  4/5
2. Lost in space…Great production matched with a dope Keith flow for three verses.  Catchy hook.  4/5
3. Rockets on the battlefield…Very slow beat finds Keith all over the track speeding up and slowing down.  Overall, this track comes off hard.  4.5/5
4. Livin’ astro…Strange beat, but Keith flows nicely to it, making it a tight song.  Hook isn’t bad either.  4/5
5. Supergalactic lover…A+ production.  The theme of the song is summed up well with the title.  The females vocals on the hook sets it off.  5/5
6. Master of the game…Roger Troutman opens up the track with his typical voice box chorus which sounds great.  Keith puts down a faster-paced flow here.  4/5
7. I’m seein’ robots…By robots, Keith is referring to females meaning fake hair, nails, breasts, etc.  Good production and great content.  Dope hook.  4/5
8. Static…Great beat with some deep bass.  Sadat X appears for a couple of strange verses and Keith comes with a tight flow.  Good hook.  4/5
9. Intro 2
10.   Black Elvis…Keith talks about touring and making a living rapping.  Great flow with a great beat.  Hook leaves a little to be desired.  4/5
11.   Maxi curls…Weird chorus.  He speeds up his flow a bit to match the faster-tempo beat.  3.5/5
12.   Keith turbo…Great laidback beat with that extra touch of ‘bizarre’. Great flow.  The simple use of the female vocals on the hook is a nice touch.  4/5
13.   Fine girls…Keith starts it out with an intro of him stalking a girl, then he goes into his verse talking about making her feel better.  A+ hook.  4.5/5
14.   The girls don’t like the job…Keith spits about the business world in his own style.  Weird chorus featuring him singing (more like clowning).  4/5
15.   Clifton…This track does not feature Keith, just Noggin’ Nodders.  Just an overall weird song.  3.5/5
16.   All the time…Simple production, but effective.  Keith’s vocals sound great on the track.  Perfect hook.  4/5
17.   I don’t play…Hard ass beat opens the track.  Keith puts down one of his classic flows.  Catchy hook.  5/5

OVERALL…4.25/5

Kool Keith has a style that is totally different from any other rapper out there.  He switches his flow and rhyme scheme up so much and keeps each song interesting, giving it high replay value.  The majority of the production here would only sound right with Keith’s flow.  Consistent tracks throughout.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost in Space
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:58:10 PM »
Anybody else heard this CD?

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost in Space
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:09:25 PM »
Kool Keith is one of the dopest on the planet

his rhymes and production are top notch.

this was his first album with a major label, however it didnt receive the promotion or marketing it deserved.
so what did he do?

he went on his website and gave his fans the personal email addresses for Sonys marketing and promotions people.
Apparently they received hundreds of emails from angry fans demanding why there was no video or air-play for the album!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 11:27:51 PM by Maxin in the Shade »
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 12:43:47 AM »
he's so good  8)

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Kool Keith - Black Elvis/Lost in Space
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 04:05:26 PM »
yeah i know

im looking forward to the Dr Nogatco project and 7th Veil (if and when theyre gonna be released)

7th Veil will have a feature from Snoop Dogg.
Kool Keith and Snoop Dogg on the same track...................who ever wouldve thought!!
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 04:15:33 PM »
7th Veil will have a feature from Snoop Dogg.
Kool Keith and Snoop Dogg on the same track...................who ever wouldve thought!!
that's real tight  8)

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 06:36:29 PM »
but knowing what KK is like when it comes to releasing albums, i wouldnt hold my breath that its gonna be released anytime soon

Rick James is apparently also on the album. It was one of his last, if not the last, musical guest appearances he made before he died
- Kool Keith 'Haters'