Author Topic: Nuclear Pakistan more dangerous to US?  (Read 241 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Nuclear Pakistan more dangerous to US?
« on: January 09, 2003, 09:35:38 PM »
Nuclear Pakistan more dangerous to US than Iraq: John Hamre
Syed Amin Jafri in Hyderabad

Former United States deputy secretary of defence and strategic affairs expert, John Hamre, on Tuesday said Pakistan posed a bigger threat to the US than Iraq as there are radical elements inside President Pervez Musharraf's government who are trying to remove him.

"Having radical forces like the Taliban access to the nuclear weapons is a very worrisome prospect and, in my view, far more immediate a problem than is the problem in Iraq," John Hamre said in the Conferderation of Indian Industry's Ninth Partnership Summit in Hyderabad.

Speaking at a session on "Military Strategy: Fighting the Unseen Enemy", Hamre, president and CEO of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, underlined the threat that Pakistani president was facing.

He said Musharraf has survived at least six assassination attempts by the hostile elements so far. "If the radical elements too become part of a government, they would pose a very serious risk to US as well as to India," he warned.

"I won't minimise the problem in Iraq, but if the war with Iraq leads to destabilisation in Pakistan, we will have created a very dangerous environment. Therein lies the dilemma all of us face," he said, adding, it was in the interest of the US and India to work constructively to build a more competent government in Islamabad so that that can fight against radical elements.

"We are not going to solve the problem confronting us by having an incompetent government in Islamabad that deteriorates over time," he quipped, pointing out that both US and India need to insist that Pakistan should not harbor terrorists.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/jan/07jafri.htm

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Quakaveli

Re:Nuclear Pakistan more dangerous to US?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 10:19:14 PM »
YA THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! but what do we do instead, we act like Pakistan is a great country which has always been our friends and reward them with fuckin thousands and millioons of dollars which are gonna go to terrorist training camps and weaponry anyway....I say NUKE PAKISTAN!!! ;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 10:34:55 PM »
fuck that shit! no more nukes for pakistan? so what? india can attack em at will?
they need it for deterance, lets not forget that India tested their weapons more than a deacde earlier!

(altho u know Quake i wouldnt mind Quetta and Peshawer returned to the Pathans! lol)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 10:52:25 PM »
OH NO! India has never been the agressor. With such a foolish and dangerous nation we cannot afford to let em have any chance of nuclear ability.
PS> fuck that, Pathans are dirtkissers now but U can team up with Pakistan under the great Indian Subcontinent superpower of the future! best eblieve it baby

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 12:15:09 AM »
im cool with the indians and all but god damn quake you have got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic ones of them including blades bro(no offecne homie kan), but shit quake, you surpass him.

Quakaveli

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 02:37:43 PM »
im cool with the indians and all but god damn quake you have got to be one of the most ignorant and idiotic ones of them including blades bro(no offecne homie kan), but shit quake, you surpass him.

"Judge not", for if U look at urself ur knowledge is MUCH less than mine.

Quakaveli

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 02:39:59 PM »
Haha and doggy dont be a smartass(or rather a dumbass ;D) what I said was completely true...well maybe htat Indian subcontinient might not happen within the next decade or something like that who knows about THOSE typa things ;D

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 04:46:18 PM »
Blah, Blah, Blah... another risk.... it's only a risk because America won't end it's unequivicol support for Isreal.  They are not a risk because of nuclear weapons.  They are a risk because of America's foriegn policy.