Author Topic: Damn i feel sorry 4 these people that don't get enough food!!!! Its really sad  (Read 263 times)

OmNIsCiUs

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I give up.There aren't any quotes that'll fit here
Re:Damn i feel sorry 4 these people that don't get enough food!!!! Its really
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 10:43:13 PM »
yeah I was about to mention the same thing as AcGrundy... ma grand dad was tellin me about that when I was in india. about how America can't sell a lot of the food because many countries cannot afford to buy a lot. But at the same time if they sold it very cheap the richer countries won't want to pay the normal price for them. Economics can be fucked up. We humans have made life so complex for ourselves.
."".    ."",
     |  |   /  /
     |  |  /  /
     |  | /  /
     |  |/  ;-._
     }  ` _/  / ;
     |  /` ) /  /
     | /  /_/\_/\
     |/  /      |
     (  ' \ '-  |
      \    `.  /
       |      |
       |      |

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2003, 03:02:02 AM »
A ray of Hope is America:

The Bush administration on Monday will announce the largest increase in foreign assistance in two decades...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/03/international/03AID.html?ex=1044853200&en=3971efe4983039f0&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA

THANK GOD america is stepping up to help these people.  

Kaidy

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2003, 05:38:52 AM »
Trauma did you even read the article? It said the US will only increase aid to the countires who pass a set of qualifications, which I think is good, BUT what about the people who have to live under corrupt rule in countries who don't comply with Bush's rules. They get no help.

Its a nice idea but turning aid into a business isn't the way to go.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2003, 05:49:27 AM »
You can't help everybody.  Thank GOD we're trying to help all we can.  God bless the U.S.A.!

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2003, 11:09:07 AM »
Trauma did you even read the article? It said the US will only increase aid to the countires who pass a set of qualifications, which I think is good, BUT what about the people who have to live under corrupt rule in countries who don't comply with Bush's rules. They get no help.

Its a nice idea but turning aid into a business isn't the way to go.

Show me another country that gives away 18 billion a year.