Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 338 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
NFL Draft
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
Who's watching?

Big surprise with locker to the titans.

Falcons gave up a lot to get jones

Lunatic

Re: NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »
Leave it to my Titans to make the surprise/risky pick although us Titans fans knew this was a possibility.

I don't like to judge picks anymore. I loved the Vince Young (who is about to be gone) and hated the Chris Johnson pick.

We've won on our last two first round offensive picks (now 3 of the last 4 years) with CJ & Britt. Let's hope Locker turns into something!!

Taking a QB (especially a risk like Locker at 8) is so dangerous. A top 10 QB pick is a bust and it puts your franchise back 4-5 years.

Welcome Locker!! Shut the critics up!!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »
I will give my Titans credit for one thing.

Taking the QB they wanted before the run started.

Newton at 1
Locker at 8
Gabbert at 10
Ponder at 12

At this rate, teams will start reaching for Dalton, Kapernick, Stanzi & Mallett as well.

Titans wanted to nothing to do with Newton, so at #8, they got the QB they had ranked #1. You gotta be happy at that.

Locker seems to have a great winning attitude, and he never gives up.

He will wear #10  :D

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
Man this drafts been crazy. Teams are REALLY reaching with all these qb picks. Christian ponder??? Really??

Suh and fairly is going to be nuts. Lions are on the rise.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
Julio Jones wins Rookie of the year.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
I want bowers to fall to the jets

theremedy360

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
Leave it to my Titans to make the surprise/risky pick although us Titans fans knew this was a possibility.

I don't like to judge picks anymore. I loved the Vince Young (who is about to be gone) and hated the Chris Johnson pick.

We've won on our last two first round offensive picks (now 3 of the last 4 years) with CJ & Britt. Let's hope Locker turns into something!!

Taking a QB (especially a risk like Locker at 8) is so dangerous. A top 10 QB pick is a bust and it puts your franchise back 4-5 years.

I think Locker is gonna pan out. His main issue is accuracy, but the but offense UW had around him was shit to begin with so it's not like he ever had time to even stay in the pocket before being surrounded by defenders. I wouldn't expect him to start next year but the kid's got a great attitude and definitely has the ability to be a good QB at some point.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
Never expected Gabbert to fall that far, and certainly not behind Locker, though this time last year I thought Locker would be going #1. That Newton pick is a cry for attention. Is there anything he can do that Vince Young couldn't do for the Titans for a lot less money? I'm not so sure. And no doubt he'll be starting right away. I guess the best thing he has is it'll be a defensive based team with Rivera and if the defense dominates or doesn't it'll ease pressure off Cam.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »

I think Locker is gonna pan out. His main issue is accuracy, but the but offense UW had around him was shit to begin with so it's not like he ever had time to even stay in the pocket before being surrounded by defenders. I wouldn't expect him to start next year but the kid's got a great attitude and definitely has the ability to be a good QB at some point.
Good to hear some real analysis from someone who has seen him. I'm excited and nervous.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
1st round over.

Biggest surprises (not taken): Bowers & Ayers.

Teams are terrified of Bowers' knee but he's quite the value pick in the 2nd round. I would love for my Titans to snag either Ayers or Austin in the 2nd round. They pick 7th (39th) so it's definitely possible one of those guys will be around. I'll even take Bowers or Paea if those 2 are gone.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:05:34 PM by Lunatic »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
Yeah bowers is good value but honestly wouldn't be shocked if he fell to the third. His career is going to be short, his knee is bone on bone. You have to feel for him, could have been a top five pick.

I'm happy with the jets pick. Jets have a great team the only need they have is the front seven on the d. They are too slow in the middle, that got exposed badly last season with teams tearing them up with tight ends and slot receivers.and they need a true pass rusher.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »
I'd be surprused if jets don't move up and pick ayers.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
Yeah bowers is good value but honestly wouldn't be shocked if he fell to the third. His career is going to be short, his knee is bone on bone. You have to feel for him, could have been a top five pick.

I'm happy with the jets pick. Jets have a great team the only need they have is the front seven on the d. They are too slow in the middle, that got exposed badly last season with teams tearing them up with tight ends and slot receivers.and they need a true pass rusher.
I can't see Bowers falling to the 3rd. Worth the risk in the 2nd.

Ayers, Austin and Paea look like they could be first day starters for some teams and all 3 will be picked in the 2nd round. That's great value. Assuming one of them will be available at 7th for my Titans (some teams will go QB/offense), I'd be ecstatic with one of those guys in the 2nd round.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »
Wilkerson is a steal. 8)

Dude was projected to go in the middle of the first.

Nice grab, boys.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
Paea set the bench press record at the combine with 49 reps of 225 lbs  :o He should go top 10 tomorrow. There's a lot more to it than strength but that's quite impressive.

I expect an early run of QB's tomorrow. Cincinnati, Buffalo, Arizona & Washington should be taking one each unless they have no faith in the guys still available -- Mallet, Dalton, Stanzi or Kaepernick should be gone quickly. I think the Bills take Mallett, Bengals take Dalton, Cardinals take Kaepernick and Redskins take Stanzi. 4 QB's in the first 9 picks tomorrow. Patriots take Austin, Broncos take Paea, Browns take best WR available, Titans take Ayers.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:15:55 PM by Lunatic »