7 (36.8%)
Mavs in 5
0 (0%)
Mavs in 6
0 (0%)
Mavs in 7
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.  (Read 4957 times)

Sccit

Re: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
did NIK just say DWIGHT can't win alone?

sounds like Kobe to me

is that why Kobe did it with less than any other recent NBA championship? LOL..you groupies are a joke.

Sccit

« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2011, 04:36:55 PM »
on the real, this is the end of Kobe.  he'll never win that 6th ring unless he leaves to a better team.

Kobe does not need to leave, idiot. LA is the hottest destination for any big free agent....word on the streets is Dwight is comin 2 LA. if we get swept, i want Pau traded. I will be perfectly fine with a new twin tower combination of Dwight+Bynum.

lmao u think Bum-knee is gonna play second fiddle to title-less Howard?

thats assumin Howard is coward enough to run to LA.....and willing to play with old ass guys like Kobe and Lamar

So Kobe is gonna ride the coattails of a dominant big man to a title, where have I heard this before??

Dwight can't win alone, obviously...and Kobe is no longer at a stage in his career where he can single-handedly win titles. If no supporting player on the Lakers plays at an all-star level during these playoffs, we would be dumb to keep this team in tact. Even Jordan was never able to do that...Magic had Kareem, the greatest center to ever play. Only dumb groupies such as urself use the "riding the cottails" excuse, cuz they know the Lakers always gunna be great, no matter what...we don't rebuild, we re-invent.

Groupies are people who follow a celebrity......fans of them. So wtf are you talkin about? You are the last person who could call ANYONE a groupie.

you guys are MY groupies...it's obvious that u only say shit to get my attention.

Sccit

« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
on the real, this is the end of Kobe.  he'll never win that 6th ring unless he leaves to a better team.

Kobe does not need to leave, idiot. LA is the hottest destination for any big free agent....word on the streets is Dwight is comin 2 LA. if we get swept, i want Pau traded. I will be perfectly fine with a new twin tower combination of Dwight+Bynum.

lmao u think Bum-knee is gonna play second fiddle to title-less Howard?

thats assumin Howard is coward enough to run to LA.....and willing to play with old ass guys like Kobe and Lamar

So Kobe is gonna ride the coattails of a dominant big man to a title, where have I heard this before??

He's been doing it his whole career.

Another joke of a poster..........

Truth stings like a motherfucker.

LOL...so Kobe does it with less of a cast than Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, and he's "riding the cottails"? this is why u are a joke of a poster...

teecee

« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »
So now we gonna act like arrest and gasol didn't save kobes ass last year?

NIK, are you aware of what a revisionist is?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
NIK is a troll. He just responds stupid for attention. This has been confirmed.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
I don't know what's going on with the Lakers' pick and roll defense. Kobe just double teams Dirk and virtually ignores Jason Kidd. Combined with their shitty rotating, their making the Mavs look unstoppable. :'( They might as well just abonden double teaming.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
Kobe agrees...

"Down the stretch of the game we made some of the dumbest defensive mistakes I've seen us make all year" - Kobe Bryant

theremedy360

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »
I didn't watch the game so I could be wrong, but judging by the highlights it looks like they were leaving guys open for 3's the whole game.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »
I didn't watch the game so I could be wrong, but judging by the highlights it looks like they were leaving guys open for 3's the whole game.
They kept doubling Dirk. That was not effective since he'd just pass to Kidd, who would wait for the Lakers late roation and pass it to an open wing player. At this point it's better to just play Dirk one-one-one and let him rape Gasol instead of letting the Mavs drain 3 pointers all night.

Sccit

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2011, 10:48:25 PM »

Nobody saved anyone, Kobe was hands down the best player on the team last season and led the Lakers to 2 straight titles....saying Artest saved Kobe would be like saying John Paxson saved Jordan. Die, dumbshit.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »

Nobody saved anyone, Kobe was hands down the best player on the team last season and led the Lakers to 2 straight titles....saying Artest saved Kobe would be like saying John Paxson saved Jordan. Die, dumbshit.

Kobe's soft, he needs a Shaq and a Gasol to lead him to rings.

The Watcher

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »
i still have hopes of seeing a celtics v lakers rematch this season

for this reason alone i'm hoping the lakers can win the next 4 :D
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2011, 05:00:45 AM »
They kept doubling Dirk. That was not effective since he'd just pass to Kidd, who would wait for the Lakers late roation and pass it to an open wing player. At this point it's better to just play Dirk one-one-one and let him rape Gasol instead of letting the Mavs drain 3 pointers all night.
yep ... I would still put LO on Dirk down the stretch though ... Dirk had success against him in this series but at least LO is trying harder than Pau ... Gasol ain't even trying 50% of the time

Our defensive rotations were horrible , Kobe was leaving Kidd wide open all night , Dirk was all by himself three times at the 3pt line with no Lakers closed enough to contest ( seriously how do you leave one of the best shooters ever wide open ?) and LO late rotations are responsible for Peja 3's .. this is when we missed Artest in this game.. wouldn't have happened

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »

The Lakers have been pretty poor defensively against the three for sometime now. And the best offense against them is if you have a big who can play the perimeter and a good PG, then just pick and roll all game. Fisher is too old to stop anyone at the point, and the Laker bigs get worked on the perimeter
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:53 AM »

Kobe's soft, he needs a Shaq and a Gasol to lead him to rings.

LOL @ calling Kobe soft and mentioning Gasol in the same sentence.