7 (36.8%)
Mavs in 5
0 (0%)
Mavs in 6
0 (0%)
Mavs in 7
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.  (Read 4963 times)

theremedy360

Re: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
Pathetic attempt all around.

teecee

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
Gonna be hard to blame this one on David Stern or the refs...

How the fuck were Peja and JT so open?   Pathetic effort from the entire lakers team.  Sad way for the greatest coach ever to go out but it looks like he stayed on a year late

Citizen-Y

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Lakers confusing the heart of a champion by being cheap shot artists. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
I hope Kobe demands a trade to Chicago.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »
I hope Kobe demands a trade to Chicago.

Hell Nah lol

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
Chicago could get rid of Noah and have room for Kobe
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2011, 03:33:53 PM »
Lakers went in the Finals three times in a row .. last time teams went in the Finals 4 times in a row were Lakers in 85 and C's in 87 ... y'all are funny

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
Chicago could get rid of Noah and have room for Kobe

Hell Nah

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Lakers went in the Finals three times in a row .. last time teams went in the Finals 4 times in a row were Lakers in 85 and C's in 87 ... y'all are funny

and yet Dallas swept them
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »
^^^^ and that's exactly the point ... any team will be both mentally and physically wear down after this run

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »
the LAkers have won like 6 of their last 18 games or some crazy stat like that

they just weren't that good this year

sprite

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
I'll give my take on this whole thing as a Laker fan..
it's pretty confusing as to how Pau Gasol looked invisible on the court after hundreds of consecutive games the past 3+ years
I've watched all those games, and he's a big factor in 99% of Laker wins, and rarely the blame when they lose, another positive
not that I don't credit Dirk's length to altering his style of play.. but Gasol looked shitty in the N.O. series as well
if he got merely outplayed by Dirk because he was "tired"  ::) then I wouldn't be hard on him... but he got smashed on
Lakers teams of Phil Jackson always take the hard road to victory is seems, but I've never seen such a mysterious collapse
not even a month ago, the verdict pretty much was: if the LAL use their size, no one can beat them
so knowing they can play that way and knowing they have the mental edge over Dallas...
how they could relax from the jump and let it get out of hand is always the head scratcher
everyone knew the Laker bench was weak, only Odom is a factor, but the top players should of held it down, and half of them didn't
another note.. where was Ron Artest today? haha guy was a ghost, I don't even remember him

I'd like to ask them this 'crazy' question:   Who the fuck goes into a Game 4... down 3-0, mind you, on the road
                                                      ...all the while shooting 19% from 3pt range... and tries to match DAL with 3's?!
                                                      ...and DAL is shooting above 40%!=... what kind of gameplan is that?
                                                      ...Kobe and Bynum were the only ones showing any effort or balls to score on offense
                                                     ....everyone in my eyes either  1) bitched out  or   2) sucks....

the whole team this Game 4 looked like they were playing hot potatoe with the basketball

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:59:56 PM by sprite »

Sccit

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »
So now we gonna act like arrest and gasol didn't save kobes ass last year?

NIK, are you aware of what a revisionist is?

Nobody saved anyone, Kobe was hands down the best player on the team last season and led the Lakers to 2 straight titles....saying Artest saved Kobe would be like saying John Paxson saved Jordan. Die, dumbshit.

Kobe's soft, he needs a Shaq and a Gasol to lead him to rings.

you're a joke of a poster...Gasol leading Kobe to rings? and I suppose the Rockets are gunna be contenders next year, as well? lmao

Sccit

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »

Nobody saved anyone, Kobe was hands down the best player on the team last season and led the Lakers to 2 straight titles....saying Artest saved Kobe would be like saying John Paxson saved Jordan. Die, dumbshit.

Um, Paxson didn't put in game-winning putbacks on MJ game-winning misses, did he?  Refresh my memory, maybe I'm mistaken.  And your childish name-calling is getting tired.  We both know you don't talk to people like that to their face.  I'm also quite sure Paxson never outplayed MJ in a deciding game of a finals, but again, I could be wrong.  Mad props to him on the game winner against PHX though, it was the right call.

no, but Paxson and Kerr hit big game-winning shots, which woulda made MJ look really bad if they missed 'em...same goes both ways. u cant use the example in one scenario and  completely ignore it in another. as for how i talk 2 people outside of this board,i have no idea how u'd "know" that...but just like everything else u "know", you're wrong. anyone who disses Kobe is a complete joke to the sport of basketball, regardless. if u dont see this yourself, u should be ashamed of urself.

Sccit

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »

Um, Paxson didn't put in game-winning putbacks on MJ game-winning misses, did he?  Refresh my memory, maybe I'm mistaken.  And your childish name-calling is getting tired.  We both know you don't talk to people like that to their face.  I'm also quite sure Paxson never outplayed MJ in a deciding game of a finals, but again, I could be wrong.  Mad props to him on the game winner against PHX though, it was the right call.

lol@ comparing Artest to Paxson. MJ always showed up in the finals. Its known that Kobe doesnt do his best work there.

remind me a time when MJ's second option performed as badly as Gasol did this year...shit, I don't even think there was a time when his 3rd option played as bad as Gasol.