7 (36.8%)
Mavs in 5
0 (0%)
Mavs in 6
0 (0%)
Mavs in 7
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.  (Read 4953 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: 2nd Round 2011: Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks.
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 06:40:47 AM »
Last night they shot the same percentage, despite the Lakers shooting 2-20 from three. They also took the same amount of free throws, the Lakers just shot 55% from the line lol.

Now just because I can, I am going to take the NIK route here...*clears throat*...

Kobe Bryant has no heart, is overrated & doesn't make the players around him better. & also isn't clutch, as he proved in game one.

--------

Now seriously, statistics say that the Lakers have about a 5% chance of winning. But since they are the Lakers & stacked & almost due to break this cold streak, I'd say they have about a 20% to comeback & win.

However, if they don't. Crown the Heat now. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »
I need to be on suicide watch. :(

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:37 AM »
I need to be on suicide watch. :(

Even tho it was funny to watch bandwagon Laker fans at Staples turn on the team. When they showed Cubans happy ass at the end of the game...i still wanted to punch him in the fuckin face
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
^^^^ if we end up losing , I'd like Dirk and Kidd getting a ring ... Dirk is just a very humble guy and his game is just sick for his size ... would be cool for Kidd too ... there are the players with Nash and G.Hill I'd like to see winning before they retire .

Dallas was matching well with the Heat during the RR ... the playoffs are a different animal though , Miami would be the favorites but the Mavs giving em some payback would be nice

I know as a Spurs fan , you disagree  :laugh:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
^^^^ if we end up losing , I'd like Dirk and Kidd getting a ring ... Dirk is just a very humble guy and his game is just sick for his size ... would be cool for Kidd too ... there are the players with Nash and G.Hill I'd like to see winning before they retire .

Dallas was matching well with the Heat during the RR ... the playoffs are a different animal though , Miami would be the favorites but the Mavs giving em some payback would be nice

Is there any doubt the Lakers or Heat are going to win it all?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »

There is a ton of doubt that the Lakers will
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »

Now there is, but those are the only 2 teams capable of winning it all.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »

And the Kobe fans would kill themselves  :laugh:

teecee

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
Heat came from two down in the finals against the Mavs 5 yrs ago; anything is possible but it ain't looking good for the Lake Show right now.

Will Kobe try to motivate his team or will he bitch them out?  Will Kobe go balls out and do everything he can, or will he dog it (as he's suspected of doing before in the playoffs when his team looks out of it)?  Will Kobe shoot 40 shots and say fuck his teammates?  Should he?

Why don't the Lakers start Odom, and have him guard Dirk all game?  If Gasol is so tired, as PJ says, bring him off the bench. 

In Game 2, the Lakers outrebounded the Mavs, but their shooting and passive rotations killed them.  I don't think they'll shoot 2-20 on three's again. 

The Lakers are too talented to go out like this; game three gonna be interesting.   

If Kobe can lead his team to victory in this series (he's been good, efficient, nothing more really compared to his standards), and then take out the Heat in the finals, it sure would go along way to helping his precious legacy...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
It's not about Kobe ... the team as a whole has to wake up, I thought his performance were enough in his 1st two games ( though he fucked up at the end of Game 1 and cooled off in the 2nd half of Game 2) to win

Mavs shot a bad percentage in Game 2 but they had very good looks , they could have won this game by 20... the screen and rolls D isn't there and the players are not communicating and helping each other ... Bynum is showin up on the pick n rolls to help the guards but nobody is rotating to cover his man

On the other end of the floor , Pau has to go back to the low block and abuses Dirk like he used to .. Pau sure can't guard Dirk but the opposite is true aswell .. Pau is averaging 20 on 57% shooting against Dirk ... he has to man the fuck up ... you just can't win a playoffs series against a good team with your 2nd option playing like crap

Phil needs to play the starters as many minutes as possible and keep Shannon Brown on the bench

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
I'm not sure how a back to back champions can be THAT scared on the floor ... they're were just pissing in their pants during the 2nd half

Where do I start ? :

-Well the Lakers have many problems right now but the biggest is Pau Gasol : he averaged a combined 19pts 11 rbs on 56% from the floor  during our 2 championship runs in the postseason , this year 13.6 pts and 7.8rbs on 43% shooting.

The guy is playing like a pussy on both ends of the floor , doesn't want any responsability down the stretch .... rumor is he's playing like crap for some months now because his girlfriend dumped him ... LMFAO .. if that's true he should kill himself .. I know he was the reason we went to the Finals 3 years in a row ... but he can't get away with this type of play for months , it's just not one game

- Bench play : has gone worse each year since 07-08 .. Blake and Brown are so bad , they make you wish to have Vujacic and Farmar back
Blake is afraid to shoot and when he does it's a brick , he had the worst game from any player I've seen for a while and Brown is a bad shot/TO/missing defensive coverage to happen

- LO was great all year long , he has been very inconsistent in these playoffs

- first two games are another confirmation Phil is a bad  in game  ( or during gam) coach

We'll see what happens in Game 3 , obviously a do or die game

Please lets not blame Phil, because we all know if Gasol wasn't a faggot and Odom wasn't a bitch with no balls, we would not be in this situation...and our bench is amongst the worst in the NBA, how much longer did u really think Kobe could overcompensate for all that? come on, now...Shannon Brown literally thinks his role is the same as Kobe's when he comes in the game for him...all he does is jack up shots left and right with no concsious...Steve Blake looks like he would be a bench player in the fucking D-League. Matt Barnes has been weak ever since returning from that injury... I never thought I'd EVER say this, but I miss Sasha. :-X

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
deer in the headlights comes to mind when describing the lakers in the 2nd half

fisher needs to be moved to the bench and have someone else starting at his spot. obviously blake isn't gonna cut it, they need to find a decent starting point guard who can keep up with the younger guards on defense. it seems like a lot of the time he was just chasing his man rather than keeping in front of him

Fisher is the least of our problems.......

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »
we miss Farmar too ... he could attack the hoop and run the break ... Never was a huge fan of him and his bonehead plays but he has never been as bad as Blake was in Game 2..

Shannon needs to be benched , I agree with the jackin up shots , the reason ? Terrible IQ BUT he's playing for a new contract as he's expected to opt out ... it leads me to a question about the coaching staff :

WHY SHANNON BROWN HAS THE GREEN LIGHT TO PLAY LIKE THIS FOR MONTHS ?????

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
never was a fan of blake, i knew we fucked up when we traded farmar, i dont see why we made so many changes to a 2 time championship team, when we made so many offseason trades i knew we were in for it.

we should of kept farmar, and we should of kept mbenga and powell because obviously they were bigger factors in practice as pau is not as effecient as last year. matt barnes was cool, but id still rather have t-mac as a back up sf than barnes, t-mac isnt young any more but can make plays, create his own shot, and play d if he wanted to.

and wow brown is just fukcing horrible. sasha 2.0

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

theremedy360

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Lakers better not lose me 50$..