Author Topic: New Dr. Dre Single on Friday..  (Read 13157 times)

Matty

Re: New Dr. Dre Single on Friday..
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »
dre recently said he is listening alot "Kraftwerk" lately... in Kush you can hear some type of Kraftwerk styles

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BdZDhpkDziE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=de_DE&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BdZDhpkDziE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=de_DE&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Kush was a Khail beat though and his stuff is nearly always electronically influenced.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
Well, thats the stock sound from Reason (random keys, short audio):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z1DPQOC4

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #242 on: May 09, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.

I still think the best leaked Detox-affiliated tracks are Topless (with a classic Nas verse using visual poetics ["you can journey with me to other countries by listening"]), Shit Popped Off (dope cocktail party music ;D), and Under Pressure (dope kick drum pattern that gets my head nodding on time w/ the beat -- if he is going to do club music, I'll accept this).

But this new song is just bland and forgettable and flawed like all the rest of the leaks.  All in all, the T.I. sessions are still the best of the leaks.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »
http://hulkshare.com/ggoemcyf86jb

Higher quality snippet semi tagged...

props, this sounds way better! :o 8)

Word, this one is way better to hear, like lots more elements can be heard, Dre still knows how to make everything sound huge at least

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.

I still think the best leaked Detox-affiliated tracks are Topless (with a classic Nas verse using visual poetics ["you can journey with me to other countries by listening"]), Shit Popped Off (dope cocktail party music ;D), and Under Pressure (dope kick drum pattern that gets my head nodding on time w/ the beat -- if he is going to do club music, I'll accept this).

But this new song is just bland and forgettable and flawed like all the rest of the leaks.  All in all, the T.I. sessions are still the best of the leaks.
So whats your opinion on 'Detox' now? Becouse i got confused, with that post.

About 'Topless' and rest of the leaks with other people's vocals - most of the tracks were average at best to me. No way a 'Detox' material I'd accept.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »

I found the beat a lil' 'corny', but I think now, that it is becouse I recognized the sounds from Reason (software used by DJ Khalil).. I wonder if Im right, but i would put my money on DJ Khalil being affiliated with that beat.
I think the beat is fire but lmao I was fuckin around with Reason all weekend and I thought the same thing.  It sounds like they got a pinball bouncing around in there with some video game samples.  Sounds sicc to me.
i hate that loop, but the rest is ok.

Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.
what about The watcher?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »

Same as always.  Detox is a brand that is being used to make money for Interscope.  They use it to sell headphones, speakers, they're releasing Detox singles for online purchasing one-by-one.  This is a single's business now, so no surprise.  Albums don't sell anymore, but singles do via ringtones and stuff.  They can keep releasing singles as they go -- a new one every couple months.  There's no album, though.  Just release songs to iTunes and so forth, keep the fans attention.  Make money off singles sales.  Make money off the headphones and other paraphanelia.  You know, that's how you make money in the music business these days.

Detox is a brand.  Dre doesn't have the personality to be a brand unto himself.  Snoop Dogg has enough charisma to have a whole host of endeavors based on his own image, his "Snoop Dogg" persona.  Dre doesn't have that luxory.  A Dre reality show would be a ratings disaster.  So they've come up w/ an alternative -- Detox.  It's a marketing brand.  And they're going to keep millking this brand for as long as it brings in revenue.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Stan

« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
I could accept a mastered and mixed version of Topless as Detox material.  Classic potential.  The rest of them .... so so ... better than a lot of music released tho.  Under Pressure had sicc drums man, big ones.  

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »

I found the beat a lil' 'corny', but I think now, that it is becouse I recognized the sounds from Reason (software used by DJ Khalil).. I wonder if Im right, but i would put my money on DJ Khalil being affiliated with that beat.
I think the beat is fire but lmao I was fuckin around with Reason all weekend and I thought the same thing.  It sounds like they got a pinball bouncing around in there with some video game samples.  Sounds sicc to me.

Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.
what about The watcher?

That song was written like 13 years ago lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »

what about The watcher?

That song was written like 13 years ago lol.
well you said eminem couldn't write for others, you weren't talking about a period.

Detox is a brand.  Dre doesn't have the personality to be a brand unto himself.  Snoop Dogg has enough charisma to have a whole host of endeavors based on his own image, his "Snoop Dogg" persona.  Dre doesn't have that luxory.  A Dre reality show would be a ratings disaster.  So they've come up w/ an alternative -- Detox.  It's a marketing brand.  And they're going to keep millking this brand for as long as it brings in revenue.
dre got the headphones deal because of his name

Matty

« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
Kind of wack to me.  I'm tired of Eminem writing an Eminem verse for Dre instead of trying to write a verse that sounds like an organic Dre verse.  I mean, when DOC writes for Dre, it sounds like Dre could have written it.  It sounds authentic.  When Em writes for Dre, it's obvious that Em wrote it.  Em is a terrible writer for other artists -- he can't blend into another artist's style -- it always sounds like any other Eminem verse, just vocalized by another artist.  Em doesn't mask his usual authorial voice when he writes for others, and that's lame.  Plus I'm tired of Dre always using the same tempo, and he's starting to use very contemporary instrumentation that is going to make his music sound dated quickly in a few years.

i still like shit popped off the most because of the tempo and mature funk vibe. this track is cool, i like the beat better than kush, but the tempo is so damn slow and plodding. dre did produce 'in da club' but these drops are doing more harm than good. might as well put out the best shit already. and i don't even mind if detox is a futuristic club record, kinda expecting it, but there's plenty of room to do way better tracks on that type of vibe.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »

Same as always.  Detox is a brand that is being used to make money for Interscope.  They use it to sell headphones, speakers, they're releasing Detox singles for online purchasing one-by-one.  This is a single's business now, so no surprise.  Albums don't sell anymore, but singles do via ringtones and stuff.  They can keep releasing singles as they go -- a new one every couple months.  There's no album, though.  Just release songs to iTunes and so forth, keep the fans attention.  Make money off singles sales.  Make money off the headphones and other paraphanelia.  You know, that's how you make money in the music business these days.

Detox is a brand.  Dre doesn't have the personality to be a brand unto himself.  Snoop Dogg has enough charisma to have a whole host of endeavors based on his own image, his "Snoop Dogg" persona.  Dre doesn't have that luxory.  A Dre reality show would be a ratings disaster.  So they've come up w/ an alternative -- Detox.  It's a marketing brand.  And they're going to keep millking this brand for as long as it brings in revenue.
Well, you gotta take a look at what 'Detox' means to other people - outside of hip-hop forums. 'Detox' is kind of a legendary album arleady, but not for enough people to make it a brand itself, to sell headphones or laptops. People affiliated to hip-hop, sure know about the album, Im sure they would really like to hear it, but I doubt its enough, to use it just as a promo machine for other things. Im not even sayin anything about people outside of hh at all, becouse most of em probably dont even know about that album.
Maybe its a big album, but not big enough to use it as a promo itself, specially before its release.
I dont doubt that Dre (Interscope/Aftermath/Jimmy whatever) back himself up with that, but its just for his fan base. His name is way bigger, than just the one album. He would do good without it as well.  So partially, we can agree.

But Im sure the album will drop, there is no way that it won't. I knew that before 'Kush' leaked or we first ever heard of it. And now after all this 'Detox' this 'Detox' that with songs dropping, Im pretty sure its going to drop somewhere soon (by soon i mean months, still this year)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
Im pretty sure its going to drop somewhere soon (by soon i mean months, still this year)

How about we make a deal?  If Detox doesn't drop this year, will you admit it's a myth?  Or will you keep thinking it's a real album?

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
Woooooooow WTF is this guy's problem?! JUST RELEASE THE F'IN CDQ!!!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
Dre's one line

been in it since you had cassettes deck tape

Kept bother me cause I knew I heard a variation of spit by someone else.  Turns out I was think of Nas when said this on I Already Know,

hate if you must hate, been hot since the days of cassette tapes

Not very alike.

Also, this track should've been called Under Pressure instead of Die Hard.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks