Author Topic: What do yall think of Jesus?  (Read 681 times)

Trauma-san

What do yall think of Jesus?
« on: January 10, 2003, 09:32:54 PM »
What do yall honestly think of Jesus?  Even if you don't believe, you HAVE to give the man his props.  It's generally accepted that the man named Jesus did walk in Jerusalem, and was a revolutionary spiritual figure, even if his claims of being the son of god are false.  (Muslims will say he never claimed that, or the bible was altered).  What do yall think of the man, Jesus, and his teachings?  Do you think they are bad? Do you think they are wrong?  I don't think any 1 of his teachings can be disputed, and he was without a doubt (to me) the most intelligent philosopher I've ever heard of... add on top of all this that his ministry was a whole 4 years, and you have the greatest story ever told, without all the god stuff.  

Just think about what he said, the stories he told, the people he visited, the way he treated people.  It's amazing.  Look at how he treats his mother, particularly at the wedding, or look at the love he showed the adulterer.  In a time when women were treated as second and third class citizens, Jesus ALWAYS treated them as his equal.  He never showed hate towards anyone.  His stories and parables speak on several levels.  He was such an obediant person to is beliefs, that he refused to lift a hand toward any opressor, he willfully was the servant of anyone and everyone.  It's amazing.  When I think about what kind of guy this guy must have been, it just leaves me speechless.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:What do yall think of Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 10:22:25 PM »
ahh man, Jesus is tha homie. He run that taco shop down tha street frum mah house. Dood be hookin it up on them Carne Asada burritos!  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 10:25:55 PM »
Nah, I meant the one in the bible.  Sorry, I shoulda been more specific.  Peace~

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 10:28:37 PM »
My favorite Jesus quote is "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Its been awhile since I read the Bible for me to spout any other opinions.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 10:32:58 PM »
Nah, I meant the one in the bible.  Sorry, I shoulda been more specific.  Peace~

lol oh...mah bad man.

i dunno bout him, neva had his Carne Asada before...

OutSider

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 10:48:13 PM »
jesus is the greatest... he died.. so that our sins could be forgive.. he was human so he could understand human passions and weeknesses....

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2003, 10:51:26 PM »
My favorite Jesus quote is "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Its been awhile since I read the Bible for me to spout any other opinions.  

I think the bible has lessons on many levels.  Like, for instance, when he said that, all of the men with stones slowly walked away, one by one, until the only one still there was Jesus.  Coincidence? lol

Anyways, this is one of the highlights of Jesus's ministry as a philosopher, and I think it perfectly embodies his compassion.  

John 8:
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man,how many ways.  First, notice they left in order from oldest (who had more time to sin) to youngest.  The last left was christ (sinless).  

Second, top of my list of questions to ask Christ if I ever get a chance: What did he write in the sand?  I think it's a parable.  I think while the world was judging people, the only thing christ gave us was his written word.  While the world lived by the mosaic law (as they mention), all they had from christ (representative of god) was a word (the old testament).  Christ stands up, and finally speaks.  He says that only those that have no sin can judge the woman (basically), then dissapears again, leaving only his word (this is all figurative of course).  Christ speaking represents his word, and how it differed from the mosaic law, which he had wrote in the sand seconds earlier.  After he said his word, he stooped down again, and provided a new writing, just as after his death on earth, he provided a new book, the new testament, written after his coming (and after his speaking in this particular parable).  While the second 'book' was in the world (he was writing on the ground), all men turned away from judgement, until all that was left was the woman and the lord, and then he forgave her, if she would sin no more.  It's an exact parable written into these few lines of christ's ministry before, during, and after his visit to earth.  At least that's what just popped into my mind.  

Anyways, most of yall don't believe in silly stuff like that, I could quote 10 milliion similar instances but it's all up to your faith.  Back to the man, any more comments on him as a person or his teachings?  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 11:53:36 PM »
I wish I met him.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 03:05:46 AM »
To be honest I haven't studied much about Jesus (peace be unto him).  Muslims love Jesus (peace be unto him) and we don't favor one prophet over another.  But because Muhammad (salla alayhi wa salaam) story is more current, I must study the life of Muhammad and the Qur'an in detail before I can further my studies on Jesus.  Good thread though, I read all that you said.

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 04:47:28 AM »
i agree with your typing it was a very wise and heart felt statement and i was feeling it cause me personal believe is that jesus was god son and our salvation but hey thats just what i believe but even if i didn't believe in the almight i love passionite statements  ;)that don't try to harpe on anyone else believes and so i just want to be like keep on doin what you doin oh ya and to tone that was funny but i just gotta shake my head tone you got issues. ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 05:01:11 AM by ontherise »

min0rity

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 08:43:58 AM »
i love jesus... a true savior

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2003, 01:23:53 PM »
Jesus was Jewish, so he's coo...PeACe

Immortal

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2003, 07:21:28 PM »
peace be upon jesus, a good messenger of god from the middle east

"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

OutSider

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2003, 09:02:53 PM »
i so love jesus... did i mention that he dead for our sins.. and wants us to love one another to help fill the emptiness in our hearts and lives... ;D

when it comes to jesus. i am as geety as a young school girl......

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »
peace be upon jesus, a good messenger of god from the middle east

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll