Author Topic: will LA try to move Bynum/Gasol/Odom to make capspace for future Laker D Howard?  (Read 918 times)

OG Hack Wilson

I could see them offering two of the 3 to Orlando for Howard straight up.

but ofcourse the CBA needs to be done before anything happens
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Dwight will be gone this year ... I don't think the Magic wants to do the same mistake they did 15 years ago when Shaq left for LA while the Magic didn't get anything in return ... fans were mad at the organization for this for years ...

The Watcher

its for that reason the magic will do everything in their power to keep him. whether thats try and stack a team around him or pay him whatever they can

i would bet that they will blow that team up and rebuild around him so he's got a fresh team for next season
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
^^^^ how will they be able to do that ? they are stucked for years with Arenas, Turkoglu and J Rich horribles contracts ... the best they can do is tried to package Arenas contract with Dwight but very few GM would be dumb enough to take Agent Zero contract on his team payroll .. , now it's up to Magic FO to decide to trade him and have some value in return or to be stupid enough to think he will resign in 012 and lost him for nothing... Magic is fucked either way..

It's been documented behind close doors that Dwight wanted to play for the Lakers , 2 things may prevent this to happen though:

- we don't know how the new CBA will look like
- Magic insists on including a bad contract player in any Dwight trade ... Mitch (Lakers GM) won't accept that

theremedy360

Even though Gasol played like he acquired a playoff vagina I still see the PG position as more important. If they can clear cap space I would go after a PG, i've heard Westbrook's name thrown around but basically any starting PG is a huge upgrade over what they've got now. Also, they need bench players. Aside from Lamar their bench is crap. I would certainly understand moving Gasol especially if he and Kobe are actually having issues, but I see the PG position and bench depth as more important.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Even though Gasol played like he acquired a playoff vagina I still see the PG position as more important. If they can clear cap space I would go after a PG, i've heard Westbrook's name thrown around but basically any starting PG is a huge upgrade over what they've got now. Also, they need bench players. Aside from Lamar their bench is crap. I would certainly understand moving Gasol especially if he and Kobe are actually having issues, but I see the PG position and bench depth as more important.
quoted for truth

teecee

All the Lakers need is an attitude adjustment, a fresh philosophy, and a decent pg and three point shooter, and they'll be fine.  NO drastic changes are coming this summer, the team is at 89 million already for next year; no way the Magic are gonna trade Howard yet, if at all.  If they did, I doubt they want anything that the Lakers have to offer, especially a soft Gasol, an injury-prone, immature Bynum, or an erratic Odom. 

The Lakers won 57 games this year, same as last.  They can still be good next year, they just need to get their shit sorted out.  Kobe ain't what he used to be, but he's still a very good player. The offense could run through Bynum more if he can stay healthy. 

Sccit

I wouldn't trade Bynum...Gasol, yes, but Bynum is the potential future face of this franchise. Like I said earlier, I think a Bynum-Dwight twin tower combo will be amazing. Dwight started his career playing PF and him and Bynum would be an unstoppable force in the paint. I might be in the minority, but I think they can start in the front court together. We do need a PG, though, no doubt...Odom+Gasol for Dwight+Arenas. I would heavily consider it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dwight might just come to the Mavs. Dan Fegan is slick like that, he loves the Mavs. Orlando don't want no players who won't make them a better team and who are owed like 58 millions over the next 3 years. They want to expiring contracts, prospects who don't get paid shit plus good role players and a team that will take on retarded contracts ala Arenas/Hedo. Mavs can offer the expiring contracts of Kidd, Terry (20 mio, enough to absord Arenas in return) and then give them Haywood (good role player for center), Marion (good role player), Roddy (prospect with rookie contract), 3 mio in cash and picks. Throw in some dope digga like Chandler or Butler and it's a done deal and Magic might even include unmotivated ass Hedo. Orlando saves a shitload of money and has a team that could make the playoffs for years to come. They buy out Terry and Kidd who re-sign with the Mavs and you got yourself a team along those lines:

Howard... Chandler or Haywood
Nowitzki
Hedo... Marion or Butler, Brewer
Terry... Peja, DeShawn
Kidd... Arenas, Barea

3-peat

/Laker-Fan emulation off
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

Dwight might just come to the Mavs. Dan Fegan is slick like that, he loves the Mavs. Orlando don't want no players who won't make them a better team and who are owed like 58 millions over the next 3 years. They want to expiring contracts, prospects who don't get paid shit plus good role players and a team that will take on retarded contracts ala Arenas/Hedo. Mavs can offer the expiring contracts of Kidd, Terry (20 mio, enough to absord Arenas in return) and then give them Haywood (good role player for center), Marion (good role player), Roddy (prospect with rookie contract), 3 mio in cash and picks. Throw in some dope digga like Chandler or Butler and it's a done deal and Magic might even include unmotivated ass Hedo. Orlando saves a shitload of money and has a team that could make the playoffs for years to come. They buy out Terry and Kidd who re-sign with the Mavs and you got yourself a team along those lines:

Nowitzki
Terry... Peja, DeShawn
Kidd... Arenas, Barea

3-peat

/Laker-Fan emulation off

Only everyone knows that no one really wants to go to Dallas (LOL) and that Dallas has no enticing packages for Dwight ala Odom/Gasol.

/Sonning mode off

teecee

Kobe even said that no major changes are needed

Sccit

Kobe even said that no major changes are needed

not needed, but if Gasol is capable of melting down like this, we, as a world-class franchise, can't afford to take those risks.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nowitzki
Terry... Peja, DeShawn
Kidd... Arenas, Barea

3-peat

/Laker-Fan emulation off

Only everyone knows that no one really wants to go to Dallas (LOL) and that Dallas has no enticing packages for Dwight ala Odom/Gasol.

/Sonning mode off

Yo bitchass, first your mancrush Kobe wanted to leave your beloved franchise back in the day and guess which team was on his short list to be traded to? Dallas.
Hmm.. guess who is now rumored to be on Howard's short list? Dallas, along with LA, NY & NJ.
And I already explained why the Magic would rather want expiring contracts who accept a buyout over faggots with big contracts ala Gasol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

Nowitzki
Terry... Peja, DeShawn
Kidd... Arenas, Barea

3-peat

/Laker-Fan emulation off

/Sonning mode off

Yo bitchass, first your mancrush Kobe wanted to leave your beloved franchise back in the day and guess which team was on his short list to be traded to? Dallas.
Hmm.. guess who is now rumored to be on Howard's short list? Dallas, along with LA, NY & NJ.
And I already explained why the Magic would rather want expiring contracts who accept a buyout over faggots with big contracts ala Gasol.

LMAO lets see

theremedy360

IMO LA would be better off trying to acquire a big name PG rather than another big man. Fisher should not be starting, period.