Author Topic: Game - RED Nation (VIDEO)  (Read 1764 times)

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Game - RED Nation (VIDEO)
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
but really though can you guys comment on the video, the video is hard as fuck one of the better videos of the year

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Video is cool, song is wack. Game drops some good verses but Wayne is average. Beat is horrible.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »
copyright interscope 2011*

1st single this album has been given the green light for a release. Video is buzzing crazy on the net, already 130,000 views on youtube and not even a full day

Interscope Interscope Records
Watch the world premiere of the new video from @theGame ft Lil Wayne #RedNation - http://bit.ly/kqd6MN
7 hours ago
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:39:35 PM by friscoliving »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
I didn't like the song to begin with, but the video just made me dislike it even more... corny ass chorus got even cornier.  I never really liked Lil Wayne much but before I still understood why people bumped his shit, as he did make some catchy songs, but it's almost like he forgot how to make songs.  The out-of-towners still want to be LA gangsters, haha.

UNCEEN

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »
Am I the only one on this site that actually likes the song? :laugh: It's obv not his best song (and probably not amongst his best) but I still find it decent to listen to.

About the video, I like it too. After watching the BTS videos, I thought it kinda looked like it could be pretty shit, and corny, but it was put together pretty well, in my opinion.

No, the song is dope forsure, beat bangs and game spit. I dont know why people hate on the song either
Cause everyone on here hates on the game..

if it aint that nigga who never dropped an album... i forgot his name.. they aint feelin it.

h2k4

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few that like this song but dislike the video.  I kind of expected more.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 09:50:21 PM »
Lil Wayne is what makes this song great.  He kills it on the hook.  west coast song of the year so far no doubt.  Shits on all that dj quik and WC wackness.

LMAO the groupie is back

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
Game has such a hard on for Jay-Z.

Too many parallels,

REDnation design : ROCnation design
Run This Town video: red nation video

even the beats are similar

:(

Note: not saying Jay's video was original or anything, just a remake of Pac's
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »
Am I the only one on this site that actually likes the song? :laugh: It's obv not his best song (and probably not amongst his best) but I still find it decent to listen to.

About the video, I like it too. After watching the BTS videos, I thought it kinda looked like it could be pretty shit, and corny, but it was put together pretty well, in my opinion.

No, the song is dope forsure, beat bangs and game spit. I dont know why people hate on the song either
well what happens on here, is that when people don't like a song, it gets labelled as hate

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 07:04:51 AM »
LOL @ "the music part" earlier in the thread.  ;D

Song is overly processed -- sounds inorganic.  Earlier in the 2000s, hip hop wall all about live instrumentation, but now we're in an era where computer processed music is in vogue.  I would've loved to hear a live bass guitar added to this.  The synthetic quality of the song is distracting.

Also disappointed to see Jayceon is still name dropping on his fourth album, but ok, whatever.  Flow is good; Wayne is ok.  Video is good, apocalyptic.  Video is the best part, actually.

As for the ban, wouldn't be surprised if the ban was intentional.  It got people's attention, didn't it?  Think outside the box.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »
I find it a bit odd how so many videos go down the post-apocalyptic route. The earliest ones I can think of off the top of my head are the likes of Cali Love, Zoom, East Coast West Coast Killas.. But since then there's been a lot of them, even in other genres. Anyone know if there's a particular reason for it? Or is it just 'cause it looks cool?

Blood$

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »
As for the ban, wouldn't be surprised if the ban was intentional.  It got people's attention, didn't it?  Think outside the box.

bingo

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »
LOL @ "the music part" earlier in the thread.  ;D

Song is overly processed -- sounds inorganic.  Earlier in the 2000s, hip hop wall all about live instrumentation, but now we're in an era where computer processed music is in vogue.  I would've loved to hear a live bass guitar added to this.  The synthetic quality of the song is distracting.

Also disappointed to see Jayceon is still name dropping on his fourth album, but ok, whatever.  Flow is good; Wayne is ok.  Video is good, apocalyptic.  Video is the best part, actually.

game has said millions of time that name dropping is what he does, he's not going to stop its his style. I just think think its funny how something like name dropping is that serious for you all and makes you that annoyed at an artist.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 05:34:53 AM »

Cause everyone on here hates on the game..

if it aint that nigga who never dropped an album... i forgot his name.. they aint feelin it.

yeah, right... everyone on here hates on the game. that's why most of these people give him props for his first and second album. Is it really so hard to understand people have different tastes?

I don't like the song. it's helluva corny song to me... does that make ma a hater?

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:05 AM »
to all the  haters...BLOOD THE FUCK UP