1 (25%)
he has no idea how to win when it counts
1 (25%)
mike bibby is fucking his mom
1 (25%)
he's not a natural born leader
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: LeBron James clutch moments  (Read 1826 times)

PLANT

LeBron James clutch moments
« on: May 13, 2011, 07:23:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BU2N0q6iSHk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BU2N0q6iSHk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XSwNezQhzE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_XSwNezQhzE</a>

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:27:15 PM by PLANT »

PLANT

Re: LeBron James clutch moments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
game 6 was not the first time he delivered in a clutch moment.

teecee

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
Lebron isn't a great clutch player, but then neither is you know who. Neither of these guy are MJ, but ya, Lebron has definitely had some great moments in the playoffs. 

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:38:39 AM »
^^^^^ Both don't have a good % when it comes to "game winning" shots , Kobe has 27 winning shots in his carreer , Lebron 12 ( RR + playoffs) ... of course the lenght of their carreer has to be taken into consideration ... and even if Kobe is a better clutch player , to be fair I think Lebron is never labeled as clutch because people just don't remember his clutch shots cause a lot of them are baskets  at the rim ... while Kobe's are long jumpers , some being very tough or impossible ...  clutch shots have something to do with being magic , building legends and nobody will remember GW layups .. even if there is nothing wrong ( of course it's the contrary) to go for a much higher % shot in the clutch ... "easy" baskets are not in the people perception of what a clutch basket is ... it's dumb but it is what it is
If you ask any B-Ball fans to give you a Lebron clutch shot , they will answer the three against the Magic , because it's a long tough jumper even if the Cavs ended up losing the series ... very few to none will answer the go ahead basket at the rim he had in Game 5 against the Pistons .. which led the team in the Finals
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:42:24 AM by wcsoldier »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:33:27 AM »
^Yeah man, that nigga who gets paid to hate, Skip Bayless, was arguing how LeBron doesn't have clutch shots in the playoffs throughout his career or some retarded shit like that, then that nigga Broussard was naming some of them, then Bayless said "those were lay-ups" as in implying that shit don't count. Some whack thinking, hater shit. How anybody would prefer Durant taking a 3 (even though you only need 2 points to win) 4 feet behind the 3 pt line over LeBron going to the rim, when going to the rim is much smarter because it's far more likely to account for points, is retarded. Even a random faggot can take shots far behind the 3 pt line nigga. Of course he'd miss, but he can take it, just like a fag can take it in the ass. Going to the rim without getting shitted on is MUCH harder, but IF you are able to do, it's the much smarter shot to take.

Either way, LeBron beating the then almighty Pistons all by himself in that 4th quarter is my favorite scoring performance by him so far.

One last thing: When niggas say how many clutch shots Kobe made throughout his career, they should also look out for how many he missed. That nigga just gonna shoot the ball no matter what. He has no conscience. He's gonna shoot, he doesn't care. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. He said it himself. He said Bynum has to be kept in line because he's gonna shoot the fucking ball no matter what. He said it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:54:15 AM »
the pb I have with Kobe is not him shooting the ball a lot in the clutch... it's the kind of shots he has taken , i.e not looking for the best shot available when you have time to draw a play ... it has been better lately (even if this year the results haven't been good) but how many times I've watched closed games in the past where it's give the ball to Kobe anywhere on the floor  and will see what happened .... SMH ... and the first to blame is Phil , DRAW A FUCKIN PLAY ... then Kobe for not hitting his sweet spots and shooting over triple teams

Efficient wise , Dirk is the best closer out there , he has a history of being clutch but has been unfairly labeled as a choker... whereas his teammates were the chokers most of the time

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:05:14 AM »
and lol at Skip Bayless... he will discredit any player compared to his darling MJ as much as he can ... even if it doesn't make any sense ... for some reasons I find him funny but he's a tool who is just hating ... like Chuck

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »
lol @ creating legacies. I thought the only legacy-thing to do was win? That's all Kobe had to do. Now LeBron is nearly guarenteed to win won soon & he still isn't as good because he takes layups? I'd rather win on a fingerroll 95% of the time, then win on a three 40% of the time.

Anyway, is there a Youtube video of all the last second shots LeBron wisely passed up because one of his teammates were wide open?

teecee

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »
Bottom line is Kobe has not been clutch the last two playoffs, but did hit a  shitload of game winners two regular seasons ago. 

Bottom line is Bron has had some nice clutch moments in the playoffs, including closing out the Celtics on a 10-0 run himself, the Detroit game, and the ORL winner. 

Kobe isn't as clutch as he is made out to be, Bron isn't as un-clutch as he is made out to be.  ANd neither touched MJ (no Bayless)

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:49 PM »
and here are some clutch Kobe moments

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-5MXgEcL74&amp;playnext=1&amp;list=PL5A02B3C19CA671FEp" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r-5MXgEcL74&amp;playnext=1&amp;list=PL5A02B3C19CA671FEp</a>

LMAO@overrated

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:33:36 PM »
oh....u thought it ended there?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKDyV404HXs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eKDyV404HXs</a>

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »
damn...after checkin the youtube vids, kobe is even more clutch then i originally thought. those two videos posted didn't even include the 09-10 season, where kobe hit like 8 game winning shots or some shit..... :o

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »
TOP 5 Clutch players in NBA history (in no order)

Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jordan
Reggie Miller
Jerry West

Not really sure how this list can be debated.

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »
Being clutch isn't real.

I can agree in some cases, players of any sport can crumble under pressure. But you can't physically improve your play under pressure.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
Being clutch isn't real.

I can agree in some cases, players of any sport can crumble under pressure. But you can't physically improve your play under pressure.

Incorrect

DIP DIP SET SET